Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Nice, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2023, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Nice, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2015, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chanp
Checked in today, booked a classic room and was given an exec partial view room. They would still sell every suite option but not upgrade me.
Only City View Junior Suite is in the upgrade pool, not Sea View or higher suites.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by TerryK
Only City View Junior Suite is in the upgrade pool, not Sea View or higher suites.
^
Old Oct 20, 2015, 5:44 pm

Just want to chime in and say I am happy I stayed at the Hyatt Regency just down the road from this place. The Le Meridian did not look like anything special. In addition I was given;

-Champagne and fruit in the room when I returned in the evening
-Free breakfast, around $30/usd value per person
-Upgrade to sea-view suite on the 6th floor with separate living room, multiple TV's, wonderful bathroom, balcony....
-Free drink vouchers as a welcome gift, instead of 500 points...I was on vacation ya know.

This was on a points stay........

Starwood, I would have had maybe the champagne experience (its 50/50 on vacations). Breakfast as an option of course as a platinum, and my SNA sounds like it wouldn't have even scored me that nice of a room.

Just sayin........more than happy with the Hyatt Regency in Nice.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 12:26 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by factory81
Just want to chime in and say I am happy I stayed at the Hyatt Regency just down the road from this place. The Le Meridian did not look like anything special. In addition I was given;

-Upgrade to sea-view suite on the 6th floor with separate living room, multiple TV's, wonderful bathroom, balcony....
-Free drink vouchers as a welcome gift, instead of 500 points...I was on vacation ya know.

Starwood, I would have had maybe the champagne experience (its 50/50 on vacations). Breakfast as an option of course as a platinum, and my SNA sounds like it wouldn't have even scored me that nice of a room.

I came from the Boscolo, which is a better hotel, but the view is lacking. I considered the Hyatt but the rates where better at the LM.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: AC E, *A G, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, Porter Points
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.2.2639 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Have you previously stayed at the LM?

We had a great first stay at the LM in August. The hotel was full, service was high and the check in desk was well staffed. Our SNA's cleared in advance and we got a great ocean view suite on the top floor with an incredible wide balcony. The Breakfast was nice. We couldn't have been happier with our stay.

Each hotel will do what they can, glad you had a good stay at the Hyatt. The LM is a great option in Nice and I would recommend it.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 1:01 pm

No. We were there Sept 1st this year.

Originally Posted by yulhammeryyz
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.2.2639 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Have you previously stayed at the LM?

We had a great first stay at the LM in August. The hotel was full, service was high and the check in desk was well staffed. Our SNA's cleared in advance and we got a great ocean view suite on the top floor with an incredible wide balcony. The Breakfast was nice. We couldn't have been happier with our stay.

Each hotel will do what they can, glad you had a good stay at the Hyatt. The LM is a great option in Nice and I would recommend it.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, MSC Dia, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
Current Plat Stay

Here on a long 8-night stay celebrating a milestone birthday and (hopefully) my friends "official" engagement.
My friend and I are both Plat-25's, and we both reserved our rooms a couple mos ahead of time. She is using a combo of SPG pts & cash rates - I booked my room w cash 30% discount for early bookings.

Plat upgrade at check-in:
My friend - Upgrade to corner Jr Suite w extra large wrap around balcony (city & sea view)
Me - Upgrade to Executive Room w large balcony (city & sea view)

(Not sure why we were both weren't upgraded, as jr suites were avail online.) I asked SPG Plat check-in agent and she said that my room was essentially the same. (hardly)

Pro's:
  • Location is fabulous! Just on the edge of Vieux Nice.....great walking area, close to shopping and plenty of restaurants.
  • Breakfast - VERY pleased w the complimentary $25 EUR breakfast buffet. Breakfast staff has been pretty friendly. Saving money ea day and the convenience of eating here, has been a great plus!
  • Winter time is clearly the slow season, so room rates are lower.
  • WiFi has been pretty good, and it works fine to order an Uber. (Gotta get those SPG pts)

Meh's:
  • My friends been getting free evian waters daily (in room and sometimes leaving for her in hall) -- I learned about this on day 5 and had to ask front desk.
  • No turn down service
  • Room cleaning has been so-so - -somedays I'll be missing a few towels, or don't get extra shampoos. Seems to be hit or miss.

Overall, it's been okay here. Nice has been a great base location for us to explore the Cote d'Azur.

As others have said, staff has been friendly but not over the top friendly.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:21 pm

How was the hotel maintained? When I was in Nice it didn't look that nice, especially compared to the Hyatt.

It looked like another Sheraton or Holiday Inn with furnishings showing wear and neglect

Originally Posted by travelista
Here on a long 8-night stay celebrating a milestone birthday and (hopefully) my friends "official" engagement.
My friend and I are both Plat-25's, and we both reserved our rooms a couple mos ahead of time. She is using a combo of SPG pts & cash rates - I booked my room w cash 30% discount for early bookings.

Plat upgrade at check-in:
My friend - Upgrade to corner Jr Suite w extra large wrap around balcony (city & sea view)
Me - Upgrade to Executive Room w large balcony (city & sea view)

(Not sure why we were both weren't upgraded, as jr suites were avail online.) I asked SPG Plat check-in agent and she said that my room was essentially the same. (hardly)

Pro's:
  • Location is fabulous! Just on the edge of Vieux Nice.....great walking area, close to shopping and plenty of restaurants.
  • Breakfast - VERY pleased w the complimentary $25 EUR breakfast buffet. Breakfast staff has been pretty friendly. Saving money ea day and the convenience of eating here, has been a great plus!
  • Winter time is clearly the slow season, so room rates are lower.
  • WiFi has been pretty good, and it works fine to order an Uber. (Gotta get those SPG pts)

Meh's:
  • My friends been getting free evian waters daily (in room and sometimes leaving for her in hall) -- I learned about this on day 5 and had to ask front desk.
  • No turn down service
  • Room cleaning has been so-so - -somedays I'll be missing a few towels, or don't get extra shampoos. Seems to be hit or miss.

Overall, it's been okay here. Nice has been a great base location for us to explore the Cote d'Azur.

As others have said, staff has been friendly but not over the top friendly.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 2:11 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, MSC Dia, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
How was the hotel maintained? When I was in Nice it didn't look that nice, especially compared to the Hyatt.

It looked like another Sheraton or Holiday Inn with furnishings showing wear and neglect
Not knowing how long ago you visited, I would guess that it's been renovated since then. IMO, considerably better than a HI and most Sheratons. Not really seeing too much wear.

True to LM, there are placards posted in the elevators commenting on the in-elevator music - - however there has never been any sound. (So that's probably the most neglect I've encountered.)

My executive room on the 8th floor (total of 9 floors) is comfortable. A few minor dings in some of the furniture, but for me I prefer the design and style of LM over Sheraton. (Most of my biz hotel stays are in Sheraton, so good to be in something else.)

One thing about the WiFi, while it's been fine to check emails (obv Flyertalk too)... I have never been able to connect in the hotel to WiFi Calling on my iPhone. (And I have at other places...) So I would presume that the WiFi is not that strong in this property.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 3:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)

Having stayed before, it is a lot better than your perception of it. Rooms were well maintained and suitably up to date on our last stay.

That said, the rooms at the Radisson Blu were nicer, although the location isn't as good. We are thinking of going to Nice again later this year and if we do, then the Hyatt is the most likely option. When the peak rates kick in, the LM isn't worth the money from my experience. Outside of the summer peak, the value for the property is generally pretty reasonable though.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 4:35 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
The soundtrack in the lifts was still playing when I stayed here in August. It's a decent hotel, but the building itself is not appealing. I've stayed at the Palais de la Méditerranée (now a Hyatt), and didn't find the regular rooms that great. LM is also, during off-peak, significantly cheaper.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 7:44 pm

Do it. This hotel and the Park Hyatt Paris have convinced me that the Hyatt brand deserves 50+ nights a year.

As a Hyatt Diamond on a points stay, I was given the full breakfast (extra upgrade), a real suite with a real separate room and a large balcony overlooking the pool/mediterranean, and then to top it off - champagne and treats were dropped off in the room. The Hyatt was a well maintained and clean property as well.

I love Starwood, but they do not have the inventory to upgrade in (like this) to whenever I am on vacation.

Originally Posted by RAPC
Having stayed before, it is a lot better than your perception of it. Rooms were well maintained and suitably up to date on our last stay.

That said, the rooms at the Radisson Blu were nicer, although the location isn't as good. We are thinking of going to Nice again later this year and if we do, then the Hyatt is the most likely option. When the peak rates kick in, the LM isn't worth the money from my experience. Outside of the summer peak, the value for the property is generally pretty reasonable though.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
First stay here was last October. Booked cheapest room, upgraded to exec room with sea view. Thought the place a bit worn. Booked Hyatt for current trip but cancelled after SPG began minor promotion. After booking LM, received "welcome back" confirmation which indicates they track stays better than CDG Sheraton. Typing from pre blocked sea front junior suite (booked cheapest room) on 8th floor. I see nothing but sea from this spot. Yes, Hyatt is the classier hotel....by far. But the view from bed at LM + balcony cannot be had at Hyatt. I appreciate the nice upgrade.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:19 am

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
My family and I had booked 5 days on points in May 2014, when I was still Plat. Upgraded to a 5th floor suite (jr. suite?) with breakfast, unobstructed waterfront view. Staff were friendly, easy to walk and wander. Lots to do & see nearby. We thought it was great, no complaints at all.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
My sympathies for all of Nice and fellow SPGers at this hotel. Seems like it the terrorist truck was stopped just a couple blocks short of the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.