Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Frankfurt Germany [Master Thread]

Old Oct 25, 2019, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)

Surprised the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel does not have its own thread, so decided to start one.

Address:
Hamburger Allee 2,
Frankfurt
60486 Germany

Telephone:
+49 69 79550

Official website:
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...marriott-hotel

Last edited by est-gratuite; Oct 25, 2019 at 2:50 pm
Old Oct 25, 2019, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Saw some disappointing news on the general thread for Bonvoy hotels in Frankfurt.
The executive club lounge at this hotel has been moved from the 43rd floor all the way down to the ground floor.
For a high rise building with over 40 floors that's a real shame.
Now, I'll never get to see the nice view from the "old" lounge.

Also, I'm hearing some info that the new lounge does not serve warm evening food on weekends.
Is this accurate ?
Old Oct 25, 2019, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Saw some disappointing news on the general thread for Bonvoy hotels in Frankfurt.
The executive club lounge at this hotel has been moved from the 43rd floor all the way down to the ground floor.
For a high rise building with over 40 floors that's a real shame.
Now, I'll never get to see the nice view from the "old" lounge.

Also, I'm hearing some info that the new lounge does not serve warm evening food on weekends.
Is this accurate ?
While it is true that the M Club is on the lobby level without any windows, I find the setup quite acceptable. The design of the seating areas is compartmentalized in such a way as to provide a sense of relative privacy for those that seek it. Dimmed mood lighting adds to the effect, rather than trying to hide hard product or hygienic defects.

Hot food options were most definitely served on the two Sundays during my most recent visits. They consisted of soup, chilli, breaded chicken cutlets, pork schnitizel and warm potato salad in addition to the usual charcuterie, salad and dessert items. No spirits were served, but a selection of red, white and sparkling wines, beers and other beverages were offered. I found the F&B to have improved over the last 18 months. Apart from no longer being able to order complimentary made to order eggs, breakfast was quite good, especially the baked goods and pastries. The Ambassador/Titanium/Platinum option for having breakfast in the restaurant has apparently been curtailed.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyme2
While it is true that the M Club is on the lobby level without any windows, I find the setup quite acceptable. The design of the seating areas is compartmentalized in such a way as to provide a sense of relative privacy for those that seek it. Dimmed mood lighting adds to the effect, rather than trying to hide hard product or hygienic defects.

Hot food options were most definitely served on the two Sundays during my most recent visits. They consisted of soup, chilli, breaded chicken cutlets, pork schnitizel and warm potato salad in addition to the usual charcuterie, salad and dessert items. No spirits were served, but a selection of red, white and sparkling wines, beers and other beverages were offered. I found the F&B to have improved over the last 18 months. Apart from no longer being able to order complimentary made to order eggs, breakfast was quite good, especially the baked goods and pastries.

Thank you for the detailed update.
Good to know they serve warm food on Sunday nights.
Now, just need someone to confirm Friday & Saturday nights as well.

The Ambassador/Titanium/Platinum option for having breakfast in the restaurant has apparently been curtailed.

So a lounge with no windows & no sunlight on the ground floor, and now a reduced breakfast benefit as well.
Disappointing.
Lizie likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 10:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy
Do they serve hot foods on weekdays? Also, how are their twin beds, not too small and comfortable? I plan to stay there this December.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: Aeroplan Super Elite, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Delta Gold
staying two nights from 5-7 nov
will update on lounge and offerings
read on another forum that it is difficult to invite guests to lounge
Old Nov 4, 2019, 4:30 am

So a lounge with no windows & no sunlight on the ground floor, and now a reduced breakfast benefit as well.
Disappointing.
I was in the M Club at Marriott Heathrow and exactly the same. Husband said it felt like a prison and wanted to leave asap so perhaps it's deliberate to get people in and out as quickly as possible \_(ツ)_/
Old Nov 5, 2019, 9:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Super Elite, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Delta Gold
Lounge has no windows but atmosphere is quite good lots of space and not too crowded despite the hotel being full

lots of choices and 4-5 warm dishes
was able to bring two guests with no issues as a LTT

Old Nov 13, 2019, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Which trams go from the main station (Hauptbahnhof) to this hotel ?
Where are the tram stops exactly ?
Old Nov 13, 2019, 8:14 am

Which trams go from the main station (Hauptbahnhof) to this hotel ?
Where are the tram stops exactly ?
Trams 16 and 17 stop at the Festhalle/Messe U-Bahn station across from the Marriott. I usually take the U4 the one stop from the hbf in the direction of Bockenheimer. It's a short 5 minute walk to the hotel.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Trams 16 and 17 stop at the Festhalle/Messe U-Bahn station across from the Marriott. I usually take the U4 the one stop from the hbf in the direction of Bockenheimer. It's a short 5 minute walk to the hotel.

Thank you for the tram numbers.
On the map it looks like "Ludwig-Erhard-Anlage" is a tram stop which is much closer to the hotel than the station you mentioned. In fact I think it's literally in front of the hotel entrance.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 12:08 pm

Thank you for the tram numbers.
On the map it looks like "Ludwig-Erhard-Anlage" is a tram stop which is much closer to the hotel than the station you mentioned. In fact I think it's literally in front of the hotel entrance.
Yes, you are correct. There is a stop directly in front of the hotel, but I'm not as familiar with the trams as with the Ubahn. I would assume that either the 16 or 17 uses that stop.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Finally got to go here recently and enjoyed my stay.
If you need to be at the frankfurt trade fair/congress (MESSE Frankfurt) then this is your hotel as it's literally across the street.
Weekday rates are high because of this, but good deals can be found on weekends

I was upgraded to a nice rennovated room on the 43rd floor with a pretty far reaching view facing southwards I think (not towards frankfurt skyline). The room had mini bar, walk-in shower, a desk, a small sofa/couch area with space for 2, a round table next to the sofa area, and quite large windows, one of which which you could even open very slightly for fresh air ! I did not expect that on the 43rd floor.

As mentioned above, the lounge is now on the ground floor and has no windows. However, it makes up for this by firstly being very large. I saw at least 20 tables and a few sofas with lots of free space for more tables if required. Secondly, it was the largest evening food selection I have seen in a bonvoy hotel lounge for a long time. At least 4 to 5 differerent warm items plus warm soup, salad bar, a few different desserts and various other nice things. I was impressed by the variety on offer.

Only complaint with this hotel was the elevators which takes ages to arrive when busy. Despite there being 4 elevators, one seemed to be out of order and the other 3 still had delays more than a few times.

As mentioned above tram numbers 16 and 17 stop directly in front of the hotel. Get out at the stop called "Ludwig-Erhard Anlage". This is much better than the metro as you do not have to use stairs/elevators.
The journey takes about 5 minutes and you can buy a reduced cost ticket called "kurzstrecke" which is for short journeys and only costs 1.85 euro each way.

If you really want to use the (u-bahn) metro, the closest station is "Festhalle/Messe" where line U4 passes through.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 2:27 pm

Arrived today and I am very happy with the decision to take Marriott Frankfurt. I got a nice upgrade to a Junior Suite which is in my opionion more a Suite than a Junior Suite.

They really do a nice job during covid. The lounge is open. Here they offer a three course menu in the evening. Today they had tomato soup, fisch and cake. There is no buffet so the staff serves it. Three hours later I am still filled You can have coffee, tea, orange juice and water 24/7.

It is the first time in months at a Bonvoy Hotel in Germany that I do not have the feeling that they cut corners and save money everywhere.
est-gratuite and yurtripper like this.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 11:54 am

Things are very normal here now. The loungs is open with evening food service. A nice array of vegetables, finger foods ,two hot dishes - one veg, one not - with a grain (rice, bulgur..). Self-serve with gloves.
Breakfast buffet in restaurant. Again self-serve with gloves.
Fitness center is open 24 hours with capacity limits. No reservations required.
A very normal stay, with good service.
seawolf and MrSnoot78 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.