Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Studio City Orlando [Master Thread]

Four Points Studio City Orlando [Master Thread]

Old Aug 8, 2007, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, AA LifeTime Plat, DL Plat, Amex Centurion, Hertz Plaitnum
Arrow Four Points Studio City Orlando [Master Thread]

I stayed here for 5 nights last week, nice basic hotel, excellent location on International Drive, was given a PLT UG to a top floor studio room which are supposed to be the best rooms here. Also was given access to their club lounge were free continental breakfast and evening finger food was served. All in all for the internet prepaid rate of $79 it was an excellent experience.

Interesting part was that while I was sleeping on my sweet sleeper bed the hotel went through a major (mostly behind the scenes) change. From one day to the next they changed from a regular Sheraton to a 4 Points. Did I feel a difference? Well, the only difference was, the shampoo bottles and soap wrappers changed designs from blue to colorful and the internet became free. My folio was posted under my door on 4 Points stationary and I could of lost 250 Starpoints off my platinum amenity had I checked in 2 days later...
Old Aug 8, 2007, 7:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
they need to let everyone else know that "sells" their rooms. They still have it listed at a Sheraton. I guess since they have a Sheraton Downtown they wanted to convert that location into a Four Points. Is that location going downhill?
Old Dec 13, 2007, 12:59 pm

Four Points Orlando Studio City - Billing

Just wondering if anyone has run into any problems at this Hotel. I stayed there twice in one week. And both time I was charged 2 days before my stay for the wrong amount and charged again for my second stay the day I left. I was there on a buy 2 get 1 free stay and was charged the full price, 2 days before I got there. Then on my second stay I was again charged 2 days before arrival and again when I left. What a mess and on checkout it showed no Starpoints either. I just found out looking at my mastercard bill. All was booked through spg.com too.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 2:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by deeslk
Just wondering if anyone has run into any problems at this Hotel. I stayed there on a stay 2 get 1 free. And was charged for 3 days a day before I arrived. Again I stayed a couple days later and was charged again a day before, then again when I left.. what a mess.
What was the result when you spoke to the person at checkout?
Did you speak to anyone in management at the property?
Have you contacted Hotel Customer Service? If so what was the response?
Old Dec 13, 2007, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Last summer I had a 1 night AAA stay,Invoice said not elegible for credit.
FO manager was cluless,after a week a faxed in my folio to SPG.
Even Platinum conceirge commented what PTA the front office when she contacted them.Finally got the stay to post 10 days after checking out.

Would make think twice again before staying there.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
What was the result when you spoke to the person at checkout?
Did you speak to anyone in management at the property?
Have you contacted Hotel Customer Service? If so what was the response?
I spoke to the Front Desk and the Billing person was not there, so I left them a voice mail, will have to try and call back again on Monday.
It is the double billing that bugs me, the charged my card for a stay before I got there and again when I left. I did not notice until I left so I am no longer in the country there. Will have to do it over the phone. Since I booked this through SPG would calling them help also?
Old Dec 17, 2007, 9:35 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by deeslk
I spoke to the Front Desk and the Billing person was not there, so I left them a voice mail, will have to try and call back again on Monday.
It is the double billing that bugs me, the charged my card for a stay before I got there and again when I left. I did not notice until I left so I am no longer in the country there. Will have to do it over the phone. Since I booked this through SPG would calling them help also?
On any billing issue, you need to get in touch with Hotel Customer Service. The toll-free number in North America is 800-328-6242. If you are outside NA, call the nearest Starwood Preferred Guest Customer Contact Center and ask to be transferred to that department.

Good luck.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Feb 8, 2008, 1:43 pm

Programs: Delta, Alaska Air, & BA
Four Points Orlando upgrade question

As a new SPG Gold member this will be my first time booking and seeing if I get upgraded at check-in. We arrive Feb. 22 for two nights. What are my chances of actually being upgraded? Thanks
Old Feb 8, 2008, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Being a realist, I can say, nobody can tell you that in advance. There are many factors.

Please review the SPG T&C's on what an upgrade is at the SPG Gold level. I would also suggest you read the FAQ sticky and the Everything you wanted to know about SPG Status thread. ^

I would suggest the following:
  1. Search previous reviews of this property here on FT
  2. Search the "gold upgrade" success thread

Please don't be shy about asking further questions and please report back after your stay.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, GPP Silver
I have only one stay at the Four Points Studio City. Last year I was upgraded to an SPG room on the 22nd floor. Room was basically like all others but w/free water and on a high floor. SPG rooms also have Bose Wave radios which I enjoyed. This is a pretty large property so I think your upgrade chances should be fairly good.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Not a bad place for the price. I have stayed here about 10 or so times over the past 5 years. I have almost always received an upgrade to the club level or the suites on the top floor, 22nd fl I think. I have not stayed since it has become a 4P though. I did have one issue where the housekeeper left my door open after cleaning. I found it ajar. I complained to the manager on duty who didnt believe me, I then escalated it with the GM and they found out that the maid did in fact leave the door open and comped me some star points for calling me a liar.

This hotel has a great location on I-Drive, very close to Universal. There is a miniature golf place next door, an outlet mall down the road and across the street from wet and wild. There are lots of attractions close by and this place usually is about 79 a night which is good.

Does anyone know if this place still has a club lounge now that it is a 4P?
Old Aug 8, 2008, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Did you use the shuttle to Universal? Just wondering how convenient it is for City Walk and evening clubbing. We would perfer not to drive, we would even be up for a 15-20 min walk, better than getting nailed for DUI!
Old Aug 8, 2008, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
I have walked it once or twice and left the car back at the hotel and I do not remember it taking any more than 20 minutes. A taxi was also very cheap and a great option. I do not remember any shuttle service at night though.

The one bad thing about walking is the FLORIDA HEAT. You dont need to be sweating like a pig for a night out at citywalk.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 1:27 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, HH Gold, LH Senator
Four Points by Sheraton Orlando Studio City - Club Lounge???

Hello everybody,

does anybody knows, if the Four Points by Sheraton Orlando Studio City still has a Club Lounge (it had a Club Loung when it was a Sheraton)?

Im going to stay in Orlando next month and would welcome also any other suggestions (incl. good Lounges+Upgrades as a Plat.)!

Cheers + all the best from Germany

Nidecker
Old Oct 28, 2008, 1:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
I was there last month for a very brief one-night stay. I don't recall a club lounge, but that doesn't mean they didn't have one (maybe I just wasn't invited ). As a gold, I was put in a large room on the top floor. I was pleasantly surprised by the property. Clever hollywood art deco theming throughout, funky lighting, comfy beds, decent bath. Granted, I was only there for a few hours, but it felt much more like a boutique hotel than a chain property (in a good way). Much better than I expected for $70.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.