Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin O'Hare, ORD, Rosemont, IL (Chicago) [Master Thread]

Old Apr 11, 2001, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist

Last Friday I stayed at the Westin O'Hare, and upon check in (& presenting my Platinum card), was given what I was told was their 'newly remodeled sample' room. The desk agent then went on to explain that it was the only one in the hotel and was a sample of what all the rooms would soon be like. She did seem very proud of it and asked for my comments on it upon check-out. It was very much on the W style, very sleek & modern. If anyone wants to try it out, ask for room # 1118.

[This message has been edited by mauld (edited 04-16-2001).]
Old Oct 3, 2002, 7:52 am

This may be quite outdated but the last time i stayed there, which was in January, they did not have the Heavenly Bed and Heavenly Bath. The room i was in was pretty old but it has a very high ceiling if that makes it any better. The service is okay, but then again, it is an airport hotel and so u hardly need to use their services.

I personally think that out of the three starwood properties at O'Hare, the Westin is by far the best.
Old Oct 3, 2002, 11:19 am
Suspended

I was there last year. Great room, an upgrade as I am platinum AND very charming.

Multiple room suite with a huge bathroom and jacuzzi tub big enough for the Chicago Bears' starting line, well, ok, not THAT big, but it WAS big.

They did not have the heavenly bath, but my room did have the heavenly bed. This is also the first place I experienced the heavenly crib, which is wonderful as well (or so it seemed...I couldn't fit in the crib, however, the occupant advised that it was suitable).

I also had the greatest room service meal ever in a hotel.

This is my ORD hotel choice every time.

------------------
"You continue to persist with the silliness"
Old Oct 3, 2002, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
A good friend works at The Westin O'Hare - rooms have all been renovated (new casegoods, Heavenly Beds, new Heaveny Baths - and not just the shower curtain and showerhead). Guestroom product actual compares well with Westin River North and Westin Michigan Ave. I have heard rumors that lobby & restaurants may get a touch up as well, but haven't heard/seen anything yet.

I agree, I like Westin O'Hare over all of the other O'Hare hotels.
Old Oct 3, 2002, 1:36 pm
DJC

Programs: AC - Super Elite, AA - Platinum, DL - Basic, HHonors - Gold, SPG - Platinum, Fairmont - Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by freeupgrade:
Does anyone have any comments on this hotel? I am PLATINUM and was wondering if there is an Exec. Lounge, also - is there a Heavenly Bed and Heavenly Shower?

Thanks.
</font>
I stayed there a couple of weeks ago and was very happy - got a very good rate and got a room on the SPG floor (I am *wood Gold) which was on the corner. The room had the Heavenly Bed and all and was quite comfortable.

I was there on a Friday night and the hotel was dead - which meant I had the fitness centre (quite good in its own right) all to myself.

For an airport hotel, I had nothing to complain about.

Old Apr 27, 2003, 11:20 pm

I stayed with my S.O. at the Westin ORD in Rosemont, Illinois over the weekend for 2 nights. After asking for a suite, I was upgraded to a nice, but somewhat cozy suite on the 10th floor. They originally put me in a Deluxe room on the 12th floor.

From the looks of things, tt appears that they completed the renovation. The lobby and restaurant look much more modern than the last time I was there, several years ago.

The problem I had was that the nice fruit presentation in the room had mold growing on some of the berries. I called Service Express, told them about it, and moved the items into the hall. I also sent an email to the general manager on Friday April 25th and received a reply on Monday April 28th from the Service Express manager. They did not replace it with new fruit when I was there, so in retrospect, I think it wasn't intended for me and might have been left in the room overnight. I checked in at 5pm, so I would think that they would have removed the old items and cleaned up by then.

I also noticed several red stains that looked like blood and several small holes on the sheets. In addition, there were lots of crumbs and, what looked like 4-5 Milk Duds, under the coffee table. Housekeeping replaced all the sheets the next morning, but the carpets were not cleaned.

For the locals, we went to Bob Chin's Crab House for dinner on Saturday. I should have thought to make a reservation, because the wait was 1.5 hours when we got there. We decided to get it to go, and ended up enjoying dinner in our suite. The crab legs were excellent even after the 20 minute drive back.

I used Cash & Points for the two night stay.

[This message has been edited by Tummy (edited 04-28-2003).]
Old Apr 28, 2003, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Stayed at Westin ORD twice in December and was pleased.

They were renovating the lobby at the time, so it wasn't pretty, but the rooms were great.

Definitely the best airport hotel property, IMHO.
Old May 21, 2003, 7:12 pm

Westin O'Hare report...

Just got back from a cash/points stay at the Westin O'Hare... Big difference compared to last years stay. Front desk staff was friendly and recognized me as an SPG Gold. I didn't get a room upgrade, but I was assigned a room at the end of the hall on the 11th floor.

The rooms have been renovated. The bathroom, Heavenly bed, lamps and furniture are new. Walls have been painted/re-papered and *most* of the old carpeting has been replaced. The room I had was very quiet, almost sound-proof.

The "Benchmark" restaurant was another story... Although it has a nice atmosphere, the prices are sky high and the food is average. Also, the waiter that served us was unattentive and somewhat rude.

So, we walked over to the the Marriott Suites restaurant (Carlucci's) across the street. The prices were lower, the service was better, but most of all... the food was excellent. I highly recommend it!

On a scale of 1-10, (including the restaurant), I give this stay a 7.
Old May 22, 2003, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I agree with your restaurant assement(s)...both the casual bar and upscale steakhouse at the Westin are to be avoided, but the good thing is there are lots of alternatives in the area (including a Mickey D's next door). I'm glad to see they've renovated all the rooms. When I was there last year (as a Platinum) I was given one of the only two 'new' rooms and it was quite nice indeed. The one thing I like about this hotel (and the area) is that you can walk from the train station (yes, it is a bit of a walk)... but it beats waiting for the shuttle if you are coming there from the city, as I do, before an early morning flight the next day.
Old Sep 1, 2003, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Wesin O'hare

Anyone stayed at this hotel recently? Any rooms in particular that will give u a good view of the runways and the aircraft or is the hotel too far from the airport?
Old Sep 1, 2003, 7:51 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
You really cannot see the runways - hotel is a tad too far.

Depending on where you room is, you may be able to see some planes on final approach.

The beds and showers there are great.

No lounge though - which sucks.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA 1KUGS, AA Plat., SPG Plat., Hertz Five*
Arrow Westin O'Hare - Rosemont, IL (Chicago) [Master Thread]

Property: Westin O'Hare
Date: April 11 - 13, 2007

Check-in:
Upon check-in no recognition of status. I asked if my number was on file. Then I had to proceed to walk the young lady through the Platinum amenity process. Next, after arriving into my room there were few towels, etc. and one bar of soap. Fortunately, I had booked a Club Level room. Note that I did not receive an upgrade from there.

Room Service:
I share this same experience with my co-worker. We both ordered room service and were told no fries were available with sandwiches even though the menu states it. I inquired and found out it was because they would be delivered cold. Service Express honestly admitted the fries would be cold.

I inquired if my Crisp Chicken Pesto Panini was a hot sandwich. Then after a confirmed yes, I said the fries will be warm enough. Upon receiving the sandwich it was stone cold and soggy. The fries were also cold.

Now to the salad. They advertise the Mixed Field Green Salad with Potato Brittle. They literally put Lay's potato chips on the salad! Enough said.

Dry Cleaning:
The dry cleaning service was also 4 hours late. It also took repeated calls to respond and bring the dry cleaning.

Fitness:
The pool is undergoing construction. Otherwise working facilities. Although, the treadmills warn that there is no belt wax.

Last edited by AZ Travels the World; Aug 5, 2007 at 12:03 pm Reason: repair title
Old Mar 11, 2008, 4:02 pm
Community Director Emerita

I am considering this hotel for a stay in May. What can you tell me re;
  1. Is there a charge for parking?
  2. What is the charge for internet? Is it comped for plats?
  3. Is there a club lounge? If so, is it open on weekends?
  4. What kind of upgrades do plats get?
Old Mar 11, 2008, 4:39 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I am considering this hotel for a stay in May. What can you tell me re;

Is there a charge for parking?
Yes, looks to be $20 for guests and $25 for non-guests over 6 hours.

What is the charge for internet?
Turbonet @$9.95/ day.

Is it comped for plats? Is there a club lounge? If so, is it open on weekends? What kind of upgrades do plats get?
Don't know these. But, you can send them an email at [email protected].

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 11, 2008, 5:11 pm
Community Director Emerita

William, thank you. That's very helpful.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.