Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Seattle [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2024, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
THIS IS A CONVENTION HOTEL - NO 4pm check-out for specialty rooms (e.g. corner rooms, suites), even if you're upgraded or purchased a specialty room. If you require 4pm check-out, you need to book the standard or high floor standard room.

Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grand Seattle [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2008, 1:09 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Welcome to FlyerTalk! There are many threads regarding this property and can be found through the master thread. I stay at this property on average, twice a month and happen to think it's one of the better properties in downtown Seattle. The Westin isn't on the "fringe" of the downtown corridor btw - it's about 3 blocks away from where the Sheraton is.

Parking is $35 per night and $30 across the street at the Athletic Club. The pool is still being renovated; they have said they expect the renovations to be finished in the October timeframe but as others have said they give passes to the athletic club down the street.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 7:09 am

Programs: Marriott-Lifetime Titanium
Thanks for all the tips on the Seattle Sheraton, the Welcome comments were nice too. MF
Old Sep 3, 2008, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
We stayed there one night, Aug. 2, on a cash/points stay ($60 + 4000 SPG).

.... Room and hallways were a bit run-down...
Huh? I have to wonder about what some people mean by "run-down." This property just underwent a renovation. I stayed there for one night recently also, and the hall and room were in excellent shape.

My wife is SPG Gold, and we were given lounge access, and my son was given a nice welcome pack of a hardback picture book on Seattle and a box of chocolates.
I'm a Gold too, but wasn't given lounge access. Maybe I should have asked for it. Or, maybe the hotel was too full/lounge too crowded? (As I recall, though, from a stay there several years ago, the lounge is quite spacious.)

Overall, my experience was positive, but I never got Starpoints for my food/beverage spend (charged to the room) -- so I'm having to follow up on that (annoying, because the few hundred Starpoints I'm chasing are only worth several bucks, and the time/effort expended in getting them probably exceeds the value of the points). Sent an e-mail, info I provided was ignored, had to send a copy of the folio, etc.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 9:50 am
STM

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Huh? I have to wonder about what some people mean by "run-down." This property just underwent a renovation. I stayed there for one night recently also, and the hall and room were in excellent shape.
The poster must have stayed in the Pike St. Tower, which I agree is run down. I suspect you stayed in the Union St. Tower, which has been recently renovated and is much, much nicer. I wouldn't stay at the Seattle Sheraton unless I could stay in the Union St. Tower---there is a significant difference between the two.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by STM
The poster must have stayed in the Pike St. Tower, which I agree is run down. I suspect you stayed in the Union St. Tower, which has been recently renovated and is much, much nicer. I wouldn't stay at the Seattle Sheraton unless I could stay in the Union St. Tower---there is a significant difference between the two.
OK, thanks for the clarification!
Old Sep 21, 2008, 6:52 pm
In memoriam

At the Sheraton tonight. Front desk staff lovely per usual. Corner room in the new tower, but it's only for one night (no real upgrade but I like this room a lot - views of the sound and Lake as well as the city). The TVs in the new tower are great - flat panel LG ones. They are making a lot of changes still in the lobby which was just redone last year and the pool is still closed.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 10:33 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass, AAdvantage, SPG
Last night of my four day stay in the Union Street Tower of Sheraton. I've had a great experience and have been very pleased with the level of service and amenities. The gym is now open, with a good selection of cardio equipment and weight machines. I understand it gets quite busy during the morning before eight, but it was nearly empty when I was there after lunch. The pool is still closed pending an inspection, but seemed to be days away. Like the gym, it looks small, but perfectly serviceable if you just want to do laps.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 12:26 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by STM
I suspect you stayed in the Union St. Tower, which has been recently renovated and is much, much nicer.
The Union St. Tower isn't renovated, it is newly built - completed last year ISTR.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 6:19 pm
In memoriam

Pool is due to open on November 10th. Stayed there this week - had the tiniest room ever; no upgrade as a Plat, but they recognized me as always, had a nice chat with the front desk folks, and the room was on a high floor. I was there for about 10 hours so it didn't really matter. I do like this hotel; they try hard and the new lobby does seem to really promote interaction among the guests which I like. The staff just keeps getting better and better.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 11:14 am
In memoriam

Going green!

The Sheraton Seattle has now placed recycle bins next to the trash cans in their room! ^ This hotel just gets better each time I stay here. I like the corner rooms high floors - just lots of light/beautiful views. This property has made huge strides in service in the last 18 months, that's for sure!

And the beds, as of today, Sweet Sleeper ones
Old Feb 23, 2009, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FYI, I just did a summer SPG "price match guarantee" here. Easyclicktravel has lots of days for $120-$130. So you can get 2000 SPG points or 10% off that rate. Downtown Seattle hotel prices seem like the highest on the West Coast these days, so it's a good deal. And everyone seems to like this renovated hotel.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 7:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
just checked in last night for 2 nights. . on C&P.

Was told at 1pm (when I called about possible upgrade) that we were in a Deluxe Corner King in Union tower.

When we checked in at 10pm we found we'd gotten an even bigger upgrade to the Executive suite on the 34th floor. Excellent room. . .wish they could grant this too me our next stay in August I'll have pics soon.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold, MC Plat., Star Plat.
Corner Suite upgrade

Stayed this past weekend and enjoyed the hotel very much. The lounge was closed for some special reason on Friday nite but had a nice breakfast there on Sat am. No warm foods but quite of spreed. The corner suites in the union building are nice, everything top rate except the shower which like so many places now had low preasure.
Parking is expensive but the service is swift. I love the place!
Old Apr 21, 2009, 11:34 am

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
we'll be returning even sooner then Aug. Because of the new promo I decided to take a late Mother's day getaway over memorial weekend.

I'm taking my mom, mother-in-law, and my two six yr old boys (hubby staying home this trip). I really hope my luck holds out and i can show my mothers how excellent the Sheraton can be!
Old Apr 28, 2009, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, spg gold, hhdiamond
Paying for wine in Club Lounge

Frankly I do not understand good posts about the Sheraton Seattle. It is very big, busy and indifferent. We are Starwood Gold and don't expect much if anything however we got less than that. Paid for club room, got mediocre room with crappy view. Asked at check in about possible better room.. Said yes but the rooms shown were not club ( despite having paid for it) Told we got an upgrade. ( refused to understand that if you pay for that and book that it is not an upgrade) Asked about the safe in the room and was told that it was there, that we just didnt see it. They insisted it was there. It was not, they then brought one up and it didnt work.

Biggest complaint.. we went to club lounge, the attendant came over and asked if we wanted a drink.. Ordered two wines,, then when we were ready to leave got them with bill for 20$. I have never been in a club lounge that charged for wine. I asked about that in the lounge and with manager.. I was told it was a state law and that it was posted and on web site.
It isn't.. Then was told it was on the Club letter we got when we checked in, again it is not.

Worse part is the attitude that we were wrong on all counts and they could care less.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.