Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Arlington Gateway - Arlington, Virginia (Washington D.C.) [Master Thread]

Westin Arlington Gateway - Arlington, Virginia (Washington D.C.) [Master Thread]

Old Mar 7, 2006, 3:36 pm

I decided to check out this hotel this past weekend, and as per above reports, staff are friendly and very gracious and eager to please. This extends from the Bell staff to the lounge to the front desk to all that I came across.

Decor is typical recent Westin style-- which is to stay quite stylish.

I toured room 538 which faces onto Glebe Road and it does seem a bit smaller than most newer hotels--and certainly smaller than the Sheraton National where I stayed (in a 2 room suite). I did ask what room type Platinum members could expect and got sort of a puzzled look followed by if you ask, we'll give one of our larger rooms. This area may require some further training on.

One new item in the lobby is complimentary juice/water type drinks with three flavor choices.

Those who revel in 1960's time warp architecture will surely delight in the very 1960's looking Chevy dealership across the street from the hotel.

Parking btw runs $20/night.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 9:34 pm

Programs: US Gold, CO Silver, AA Gold, *wood Gold, HHonors Silver
We're having our house gutted right now and since we had no water over the weekend we packed up the doggies and headed over to the Westin Arlington Gateway. It was wonderful. Our girls were the inagural doggies for the hotel (2 Labs- 1 black, 1 yellow) and the staff was very accomodating and friendly.

The staff and nice decor sold us on the place and I have a feeling we'll be spending a few more nights here as the renovations progress. It's nice to get away and be able to take the girls.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 6:34 am

Programs: SPG Gold
I checked in again yesterday for a 1 night stay. I had been told a few weeks ago that the Executive floor would be open on the 15th. When I asked last night they said it was delayed till next week. I was however offered one of the suites. Very nice, the living room had the LCD TV as well as one in the bedroom. There is one bathroom, not 2 like some of the equivalent suites in the Embassy Row. I was waiting to see if there was a nicer heavenly shower than what was in the standard room, but it is the same one as in the standard rooms.

I am back for a few nights next week hopefully I will be able to report on the Executive Floor.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 9:39 am

Programs: AA PLT, *Wood PLT, HHonors Gold
Executive Floor open yet?

Originally Posted by ghia74

I am back for a few nights next week hopefully I will be able to report on the Executive Floor.
I will be staying there next week, April 4. Just wondering if the Executive Floor/Lounge has opened yet.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by ResQTekBill
I will be staying there next week, April 4. Just wondering if the Executive Floor/Lounge has opened yet.
Yes it has, I stayed on it for the first time last week. Just like the regular room except you get mouthwash and the bottle of Panna water is free.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Yes it has, I stayed on it for the first time last week. Just like the regular room except you get mouthwash and the bottle of Panna water is free.
When I was there earlier in the month there was plenty of free water bottles for the taking in the hotel gym. No longer true?
Old Mar 29, 2006, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by gleff
When I was there earlier in the month there was plenty of free water bottles for the taking in the hotel gym. No longer true?

Gleff, if I remember correctly you were there Day 1, the afternoon of the first night I stayed there. I to saw the cases of Poland Spring in the gym. By the following Monday those were no longer an option.

I assume my coworker was not the only one who grabbed 4 after his workout
Old Mar 30, 2006, 3:35 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, BA blue
I staid there from 17th to 19th march.
I was told lounge will be open next 2-3 weeks. I got a standart room on prefered guest floor.
The free water bottle was half empty and I got no new one next day.
Staff were very friendly. I still miss 500 points Platinum Amenity und 3000 promotion points.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Are there any reasonable street or nearby parking options, or is a guest definitely stuck with the $20 valet charge?
Old Mar 31, 2006, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by hotelmotel
Anyone?

From what I have seen there is not much of an option for street parking there, at least for a couple of blocks. And if you went beyond that I am not sure if the risk to the vehicle is worth the $20 savings.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 10:27 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, BA blue
I've some problems with the amount which is charged to my credit card. It's 90,50$ higher than the bill.
I'm living in Germany so I want to send an E-mail, but no E-mail at the webside.
So I want to send a FAX to the number standing at the bill. Not possible. I phoned with the staff and got the correct FAX number because I was not able to clear it by phone.
Will see what's happend now.
It's the first time that the credit-card charge is not ok.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, AS MVPG
Actually I think the street parking is very reasonable if you're willing to walk a block or two. Check out North Tazewell or Vermont streets, just across the intersection from the hotel. No permit required to park on the street overnight and when I was staying there all last week, didn't have a problem finding a spot even once.

As an aside, I'll throw out that the turndown service is very sporadic, if you care about those things (mostly I just missed the mints when they forgot to do my room!)
Old Apr 2, 2006, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
And if you went beyond that I am not sure if the risk to the vehicle is worth the $20 savings.
Risk to the vehicle? In north Arlington?

Not so much. Park where you want.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:24 pm

Programs: Used to be elite in UA, SPG and Hertz...now I'm just a regular guy
I had a stay there a few weeks ago. Somehow I got turned around going to the hotel from the Metro and ended up well down Glebe Rd. before discovering my error. The bellman showed me the shortcut through the pedestrian mall so now I know not to make the mistake again, but it's not something I could easily describe to someone.

The stay itself was fine. Nice room on the Executive Floor. No lounge was discussed at check-in, and since I was only staying one night and leaving early in the morning, I didn't ask. The TVs are impressive flat screen models. Definitely nice touch. The lobby is beautiful. It's a nice Westin, and I'll stay there again when I can, but it's not spectacular. Still, it's good to have another Westin in the area and maybe the DC Westins will have to recapture their former glory now that their is brand competition in the area.
Old Aug 9, 2006, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
A really great property at that. Rooms are a bit on the small side (even the bathrooms in the suites are small IMHO) but flat panel TVs in all the rooms and it's brand new construction -- only been open 5 1/2 months.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.