Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG American Express [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
For discussion of the now expired offer for a 35K signup bonus, see Amex SPG 35,000 business and personal cards-2016 [No referral offers in this thread.]

USA-issued card benefits changed on August 11, 2015. (Announcement & extended discussion at American Express and Starwood enhance cobrand credit card benefits.) The benefits are slightly different for personal and business cards:

Public Links:
- Earn 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 04/24/2019.

- The Annual Fee is $450.

- Earn 6x at Marriott properties; 3x on restaurants and airfare; 2x on all other purchases.

- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels

- FREE NIGHT AWARD: Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.

- COMPLIMENTARY GOLD ELITE STATUS: Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status with your Card. Earn Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status after making $75,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.

- Other Highlighted Benefits: Priority Pass Select Membership, Global Entry credit, No Foreign Transaction fees.

- Earn 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 04/24/2019.

- $125 Annual Fee (If application received before 03/28/19, $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95)

- Earn 6x at Marriott properties; 4x at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services & on U.S. purchases for shipping; 2x on all other purchases.

- Free Night Award: Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.

- Complimentary Silver Elite Status

- No Foreign Transaction Fees

Other related discussion:
Print Wikipost

SPG American Express [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2012, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by haarpquake
To those with SPG accounts, are you getting new referral links now that the 7/8 end date has passed? Otherwise, I'll plan to sign up using https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...o?param=param1
I'm also very interested... I was thinking of applying on Friday, but decided to hold off to see if there was anything new this week.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Exclamation Moderator Note

A post containing a referral link, and responses to it, have been deleted.

There is a thread in the American Express forum which can be used to post referral offers (though not individual links). Please keep such discussion limited to that thread. It can be found here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ral-links.html

Your cooperation will be appreciated.

-AZ
Old Jul 9, 2012, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA, WN, SPG, HGP, FPC
Originally Posted by aarif1
I'm also very interested... I was thinking of applying on Friday, but decided to hold off to see if there was anything new this week.
It looks like the same 25,000 point promotion (10,000 points + 15,000 after $5,000 spend in 6 months) but extended to 12/31/2012:

Old Jul 10, 2012, 9:57 pm

I received a SPG Amex referral in my email, but when I click on the Apply Now link, a new window opens that says "We are Sorry. Currently our systems are not responding ..." I've tried to apply several times in the past 2 days so it's obviously the referral link that's the problem. Is anyone else having a problem with referral links?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by bksmm
I received a SPG Amex referral in my email, but when I click on the Apply Now link, a new window opens that says "We are Sorry. Currently our systems are not responding ..." I've tried to apply several times in the past 2 days so it's obviously the referral link that's the problem. Is anyone else having a problem with referral links?
I got a referral email on Monday, and had no trouble applying. I just clicked the link in the email again and it still works fine.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:25 am

I am interested in obtaining a SPG amex. Do my nights expire if I do not use them? Do I get to plan travel through AMEX travel? I know that I will spend at least 15k per year. Which card is best for me?

CSBM
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by CSBM
I am interested in obtaining a SPG amex. Do my nights expire if I do not use them?
What "nights"? There are no free nights with signup (although holding the card does give you a boost toward elite status by giving you credit for 2 stays/5 nights).

Your points do expire after 1 year. For details & tips on how to prevent expiration, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...on-policy.html.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:56 am
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Not with the referral link but applying in general. After filling everything in and hitting apply, the wheel on screen keeps spinning until I eventually get a session timeout.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: AA
I was able to successfully apply through a referral link last night.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 9:38 am

so what's the best deal right now? i was hoping to get in on the 30k, but would like to have my card by late august to pay the car/house insurance bills with it to help meet the $5k. any chance to 30k will come up before then or is 25k the best i will get?
Old Jul 13, 2012, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by mtbmtb01
so what's the best deal right now? i was hoping to get in on the 30k, but would like to have my card by late august to pay the car/house insurance bills with it to help meet the $5k. any chance to 30k will come up before then or is 25k the best i will get?
For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure the 30K offer from the past two years kicked in during the first week of July. If that's right, they're clearly not sticking to that pattern this year. Whether that means no 30K offer all or just different timing is anyone's guess.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:13 am

think in 2011 it ran from July 26th until August 22nd. then again around dec 1st.
in 2010 it started June 30 - July 6, 2010 and i think got extended.
i'll still wait a while.
any lurkers out there that know more?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 8:44 pm

still hoping for the 30k offer. i did notice amex is offering a 15% off sale for amex points to spg. 5100 pts will get you almost 2000 pts. in my case i have a 3000 pt hotel that rents for $150 making my deal worth about $100 which is better than a $50 gift card for the same 5000 pts. may not work out as well for you if your looking for a higher point place to stay. anybody heard any more rumors on the 30000 pts coming back?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite; SPG Platinum; MR Gold
Referral Bonus - Still waiting

I referred my wife to the (US) SPG AMEX, she was approved, and her first statement has been issued. I have not received a referral bonus as of yet. Does anyone have any experience as to when these are posted? I know from personal experience the AMEX Gold MR referral bonuses posted instantly, but clearly not the case with SPG referral bonus. Any data points out there?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by bdben
I referred my wife to the (US) SPG AMEX, she was approved, and her first statement has been issued. I have not received a referral bonus as of yet. Does anyone have any experience as to when these are posted? I know from personal experience the AMEX Gold MR referral bonuses posted instantly, but clearly not the case with SPG referral bonus. Any data points out there?
Should within a week or two, however I've had referrals never post. Good luck trying to get them to credit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.