Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

BUG Reports thread re: spg.com launched 07.21.07

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BUG Reports thread re: spg.com launched 07.21.07

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2007, 5:51 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Bugs, XP Pro, IE7, Firefox

1. When using the different language editions you get a few mix ups between English and the selected language.
2. A lot of the content seems to be on an non https server so IE (not Firefox) constantly asks whether you want IE7 to show the non encrypted content.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 6:25 am

Programs: BD / BA / AF
My profile SET code now reads '0'
Old Jul 22, 2007, 6:37 am

The layout seems to get screwed up on my browser.

Here's a picture

IE 7.0
Old Jul 22, 2007, 7:05 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
2. A lot of the content seems to be on an non https server so IE (not Firefox) constantly asks whether you want IE7 to show the non encrypted content.
From my home PC (XP Pro, IE 6.0sp2) I see this as a problem with the Amex promo on the homepage. It's linking in the following marketing graphic without HTTPS.
Code:
http://spd.atdmt.com/ds/SWSWIMSSWSP1/spg_promo_amex.gif
I'm seeing a similar problem on westin.com's homepage with atdmt.com links to hotel promos.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 10:38 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
"My Stays" on homepage includes cancelled stays. There is no way on this page to see which are active or cancelled.

When you click "See All" the cancelled ones are shown with a small Cancelled notation on the right. The previous version put the cancelled ones at the bottom. So confusing.

Active reservations do not show reservation number whereas the cancelled ones do show cancellation number.

I suggest there be another tab on the "My Stays" page for cancelled stays, similar to the "Past Stays" tab.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Jul 22, 2007 at 10:46 am
Old Jul 22, 2007, 11:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Using XP and IE7

When you click on the list of properties by award level, there is no way to navigate the pop up screen. No way to enlarge it and no way to go up or down. Well, if you click on the continent, you go down but there's no way to get back. You have to close the window and start over. Not good if there's a long list of properties you might be considering.

NEVER MIND. THIS HAS BEEN FIXED.

Last edited by eefor jfp; Jul 22, 2007 at 11:04 am Reason: this has been fixeed
Old Jul 22, 2007, 12:15 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

The site does not know about the old Bangkok airport code DMK when searching for a hotel by airport code. It does know about BKK.

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...MM%2FDD%2FYYYY
0 hotels were found that match your criteria (0 hotels are your favorites)
Old Jul 22, 2007, 12:35 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

On the "Find & Book -> Available Rooms" page sometimes it does does it show the name and picture of the hotel you are booking. One example is the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.
https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...gin=searchForm
Old Jul 22, 2007, 1:57 pm

Programs: Starwood Plat, CX Gold
Date moves forward one month

Using current firefox mozilla with windows xp.

Trying to book 23 July 2007 to 24 July 2007 - shows ok on search - once hotels are listed date changes to 23 August to 24 August 2007. Cannot seem to get around this.

Clock on my computer shows correct date. Re-started etc - still the same.

Will proceed to competitor’s site and book hotel there I am tired of wasting my time on the usual heap load of problems that always seem to come with a poorly tested SPG "enhanced" website
Old Jul 22, 2007, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Apparently there are no more SPG participating properties in the Palm Springs area:

when searching (via city or airport code) you get this:

2 hotels were found that match your criteria (0 hotels are your favorites)

1 - Le Parker Méridien Palm Springs
This hotel does not participate in the Starwood Preferred Guest program Starpoints will not be awarded

2 - The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Villas
This hotel does not participate in the Starwood Preferred Guest program Starpoints will not be awarded

Did the The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa leave the program, or somehow get left out of the new site's database?
Old Jul 22, 2007, 11:17 pm

Cancelled a reservation -- the reservation was cancelled and email dispatched, but SPG points were not returned to me. Not sure if this is a web thing or a legacy system (points refunded in batches) thing, but 24 hours later I still have no points back. I seem to remember in the past it was instant.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 5:14 am

Vista Home Premium with IE:

Before letting me see the home page my computer keeps saying "This page contains secure and non secure items. Do you want to display the nonsecure items?" It does this every time.

Also, the home page used to have quick summary of points, now I have to log in just to see my points.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 5:49 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
"For help, call 888-6XX-49XX" is displayed prominently in the page header, even to non-North American users. It is not clear whether I dial this number in my local country, or whether I need to prefix it with an international dialling code and 1. If the latter is the case then this help number must be displayed in international dialling format.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 6:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage 1MM, Starwood Gold
Xp, Ff 2.0.0.5

I had logged onto the site. The "remember me" capability does not work with FF, so I have to provide user name every time.

I followed the "My account" link on the front page.

My most recent activity was my points for the SPG Amex Card. That was listed as "Latest Starpoints Stay Credit: XXXX Starpoints for your stay at SPG AX BASE SPEND - CONSUMER"

If you have ever spent the night at the SPG AX BASE SPEND - CONSUMER property, you know how lovely it is. On a serious note, at least the old site knew the difference between points for staying at a property, and points from the Amex card.

While on the "My Account" page, I clicked on the "redeem transfer Starpoints" link below. That took me to the "Use Starpoints" page, and LOGGED ME OUT OF THE SYSTEM!!!!! The page no longer had my personal information and had a "Sign in" link at the top!

A well-designed site would not require me to log-in again, it would have kept track of me.

As far as the "Use Starpoints" page is concerned, I cannot believe anyone reviewed it before making it live. The right column contains what appears to be a variety of links (15 in all) including My Recent Activity, My Profile, My Preferences, etc. ONLY 3 OF THESE LINKS WORK!! The rest are just words on a page, you cannot click on them!

Perhaps they are words rather than links because, according to the site, I had logged out, even though I had not, and these links are only available to those who have logged in. Easy solution, let me click on them, then take me to a log-in page, and then to the area I want.

Easier solution: do not log me out of the system when I go to this page.

I do web design for a living: I launched a redesigned site at work last year and well know what a daunting task it can be. My sense is that this site was tested by people on the inside who were familiar with the site and knew how to make it work. I cannot believe any focus groups of users provided any input to the design of the site, nor do I believe any focus groups reviewed this site in Beta stage.

Oh wait, maybe this is Beta, and all SPG users are the Beta testers. That is the only thing that makes sense.

Bob
Old Jul 23, 2007, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Bob
I had logged onto the site. The "remember me" capability does not work with FF, so I have to provide user name every time.
SPG are equal-opportunity forgetters. They don't remember me in IE, either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.