Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Miyako, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]

Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
The property does not participate in Suite Night Awards.
Print Wikipost

Westin Miyako, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]

Old Jun 30, 2010, 11:37 pm

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fayewolf
Please do, i still have not heard back from them..i will not stay there if I have to be in a double bed in an unrenovated area...
I just booked a reservation today for a trip in early July and they only had two single beds. I'm hoping for an UG at check in but I'm not terribly worried either way since I don't plan on spending much time in the hotel room except to sleep.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 11:43 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by Duckouttahere
I just booked a reservation today for a trip in early July and they only had two single beds. I'm hoping for an UG at check in but I'm not terribly worried either way since I don't plan on spending much time in the hotel room except to sleep.
I had the same issue for a stay in May. I had put in a comment to request a king bed on the reservation. We were upgraded to a king size bed suite on arrival. My wife and I enjoyed this hotel very much. Seems like you are Platinum - I would do breakfast in the restaurant rather than the lounge. A great view from the lounge though.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 5:13 am

Programs: United, SPG, Marriott
Plat/exec benefits at Westin Miyako

Originally Posted by zakami
Seems like you are Platinum - I would do breakfast in the restaurant rather than the lounge. A great view from the lounge though.
We're thinking of upgrading our cash + points reservation to Exec level using more points, but with exec privileges can you choose breakfast in the restaurant rather than lounge for no additional cost?
Old Jul 2, 2010, 7:07 am
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Originally Posted by spgflyer
We're thinking of upgrading our cash + points reservation to Exec level using more points, but with exec privileges can you choose breakfast in the restaurant rather than lounge for no additional cost?
Last time we stayed, over Christmas, they did not allow us to go downstairs for breakfast. Too bad, because lounge was a bit basic, for me. I wasn't platinum at the time, though.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 6:19 am

Thanks for letting me know; I'll double-check with the management before finalizing our reservation.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Cert to use downstairs for breakfast.

We are on property very soon. My wife wants to have her girlfriend over for breakfast one of the mornings. She called the Hotels reservations department and they confirmed as P she would have the option of taking breakfast downstairs versus in the Lounge. Please each confirm upon check-in.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 3:00 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I was just here in April and last year back in December. You can take breakfast in the restaurant, lounge, or take a limited selection in your room as platinum. The breakfast buffet that they offer in the restaurant is leaps and bounds over what I've been offered in many other Starwood properties. I'd gladly wake up to that every morning.

Frequently for the reward reservations it only shows single beds, but I've always been upgraded to a king at check in - even if I had to ask for it.

Free (real) HSIA which is nice also...
Old Jul 8, 2010, 9:31 am

Programs: SPG>P & STARWOOD Privilege
Thanks for letting me know; I'll double-check with the management before finalizing our reservation.
spgflyer...are you a P level member?

Was just there last weekend, I'm a P and the coupons the gave for breakfast are good in either the 10th floor exec lounge ( great view-food is very limited) or Aqua Blu rest on the 2nd floor ( very nice buffet; western & Japanese styles)

If you are P you will get breakfast coupons, evening cocktail/ light food access to exec lounge from 5:30~7:30PM and swimming pool/fitness pass. So you don't need to be on executive level floor for these extras if you are a P...but executive floor rooms might be a little better then standard if you want to secure such a room before arriving by using more C&P as you posted earlier.

Hope this info helps you. Any other Questions about this property please ask as I've stayed there many times over many years.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Barefootdr
spgflyer...are you a P level member?

Was just there last weekend, I'm a P and the coupons the gave for breakfast are good in either the 10th floor exec lounge ( great view-food is very limited) or Aqua Blu rest on the 2nd floor ( very nice buffet; western & Japanese styles)

If you are P you will get breakfast coupons, evening cocktail/ light food access to exec lounge from 5:30~7:30PM and swimming pool/fitness pass. So you don't need to be on executive level floor for these extras if you are a P...but executive floor rooms might be a little better then standard if you want to secure such a room before arriving by using more C&P as you posted earlier.

Hope this info helps you. Any other Questions about this property please ask as I've stayed there many times over many years.
Barefootdr: I'm SPG Gold, so we're planning to upgrade with points for exec level privileges. We've also decided to opt for a "family room" with four beds rather than the Japanese style rooms, since in the latter they can only provide 3 futons and there are 4 of us. So we'll be using extra points for that upgrade from the regular C&P rate as well. Still comes out to be fewer points than a room paid exclusively through points, and that way hopefully all of us can eat in the hotel restaurant and use the pool. I'm not sure what floor the family rooms are on but hopefully they're recently renovated!
Old Jul 9, 2010, 7:55 am

Programs: SPG>P & STARWOOD Privilege
Barefootdr: I'm SPG Gold, so we're planning to upgrade with points for exec level privileges. We've also decided to opt for a "family room" with four beds rather than the Japanese style rooms, since in the latter they can only provide 3 futons and there are 4 of us. So we'll be using extra points for that upgrade from the regular C&P rate as well. Still comes out to be fewer points than a room paid exclusively through points, and that way hopefully all of us can eat in the hotel restaurant and use the pool. I'm not sure what floor the family rooms are on but hopefully they're recently renovated!
As far as I know, there are only a couple of the 'family rooms' at this property- I know of 2 that are on 10th & 11th floors respectively, and are in the renovated section. My wife has stayed in them a few times with her girlfriends and likes the lay out with a very big flat screen TV.
FYI* they have opened the outside kiddy/wading pool on the 3rd floor roof now in addition to the indoor lap pool.

When will you be there? Perhaps we can meet up at MoonLight (the Miyako Bar) and I can suggest some things for your family to see in Kyoto. I'm in town for the next 2 weeks then off to the States...
Old Jul 11, 2010, 6:35 am

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Duckouttahere
I'm at the hotel right now and received a room UG to a King size. There is a separate room that has it's own tv, fax/ desk. It's a little different room set up than I'm used to but then again, I usually stay at hotels stateside. I had just missed the hotel shuttle from the Kyoto JR Rail Station by 20 minutes and had to make my way here via the subway. I wish they would offer later service for the shuttles.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Sounds like the upgrade might be in the "older" building. ?

Also upgraded to very nice accomodations. Vouchers given to take breakfast at either Lounge or downstairs.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 5:54 am

Hello
I need the email of the hotel; anyone can help?thanks
Old Jul 14, 2010, 6:18 am
Original Poster

[email protected]
Old Jul 14, 2010, 8:25 pm

domo arigato RTWSTARALLIANCE

Last edited by zboub345; Jul 14, 2010 at 8:32 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.