Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Miyako, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
The property does not participate in Suite Night Awards.
Print Wikipost

Westin Miyako, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Voucher from WEC for breakfast.

Persons entitled to Executive Lounge will be given a light cream color voucher for each registered person per day for use in the restaurant noted for breakfast. The voucher states meal to be taken 6:30 to 10:00 and must be signed. My friend still reports the Hotel hopes to reopen the Lounge for full services in mid-August 2009. At this time paying reservations on the Executive floors do not justify the Lounge being staffed/stocked for a full breakfast. My friend will return in early September and her hope is that breakfast on 2 is at least a option. She enjoyed it much more than the WEC. The Japanese breakfast offering was extensive. None of this should keep any of us from visiting this Hotel. The only other property "foreign" in Kyoto is the Hyatt and it has never had a Lounge. Mind you it is also a great hotel.

My friend loved the okonomiyaki (spelling) restuarant/stand she found less than 3 minutes from the hotel across the street. They cook fresh a variety of dishes.

A a P my friend enjoyed one week in a Luxury Suite.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:00 am

Programs: * A
This is a great hotel IMHO. I have enjoyed the WEC lounge extensively with the beautiful views and great service. The servings of food and beverage was adequate IMHO. I was there earlier this year and plan on returning for my future Kyoto trips. Cabs are not expensive in Kyoto (YMMV) and you can also use the train station across from the hotel for the further away tourist destinations. The bird watching trail, chapel, gardens and gym are very nice as well. I even like their PJ(s). Def. a property worth considering for FS hotel in Kyoto region.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 4:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT, PC PLAT
Westin Kyoto

Have any of you stayed at the Westin Miyako Kyoto? I'd love to hear about your experiences there...

How is the location?

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Aug 1, 2009 at 9:18 am Reason: Merged into master thread using link provided by 3cforme
Old Aug 1, 2009, 4:32 am

Programs: LH FTL, UA 1K MM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Just left the Hotel this morning.
Nice Hotel with very convenient location close to Keage Subway station. Everything else is a reasonable walk / subway trip away.
Rooms are nice (got a Junior suite)

Downside:
- Lounge is closed in the evening
- internet very expensive
- no candy at turndown service...
Old Aug 1, 2009, 5:11 pm

A few months ago this hotel started to show its age. Hopefully they will renovate
Old Aug 2, 2009, 2:42 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Persons entitled to Executive Lounge will be given a light cream color voucher for each registered person per day for use in the restaurant noted for breakfast. The voucher states meal to be taken 6:30 to 10:00 and must be signed. My friend still reports the Hotel hopes to reopen the Lounge for full services in mid-August 2009. At this time paying reservations on the Executive floors do not justify the Lounge being staffed/stocked for a full breakfast.
Could anyone confirm the current Exec Lvl Rooms breakfast for now? I am checking in in 2 days and wouldn't mind to upgrade using SPG points for room + full breakfast for 2 days.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 4:11 am

Programs: LH FTL, UA 1K MM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Westin Executive Club guests get coupons stating breakfast is in Lounge on 10th floor. However Coupons are honoured on 2nd Floor in main restaurant
Old Aug 3, 2009, 12:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT, PC PLAT
Originally Posted by tmeyer
Westin Executive Club guests get coupons stating breakfast is in Lounge on 10th floor. However Coupons are honoured on 2nd Floor in main restaurant
Do you know if GOLD members get free breakfast or only PLATINUM members?
Old Aug 3, 2009, 12:47 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
gold doesn't get breakfast anywhere. Once in a while gold may be put on the club floor but that's a pure luck.

Originally Posted by carberrie
Do you know if GOLD members get free breakfast or only PLATINUM members?
Old Aug 4, 2009, 12:34 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Originally Posted by tmeyer
I'm at the property now and can confirm - as a Plat, I was given breakfast coupons which are valid in the restaurant on the 2nd level. Just went this morning and it was a very nice spread of food. Like the property a lot so far.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA: 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador, Platinum IHG. Diamond: Hilton. Silver: Delta & Hyatt
Stayed here in 2007 and looking forward to my stay again in Sept 2009.
-UFFA
Old Aug 4, 2009, 11:56 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by jimmychang
gold doesn't get breakfast anywhere. Once in a while gold may be put on the club floor but that's a pure luck.
True Dat! It's hard enough for PLATINUMs to find free breakfast! lol
Old Aug 5, 2009, 11:01 am
Suspended

I'm there in the Exec lounge. used SPG to upgrade but it had been a pain to spend that 3000 points.
1. I was told I got upgraded to a "deluxe room", which i had no idea at checkin whether or not it was executive or not - but was told i couldnt upgrade to exec rooms then.
2. I called express line again after i got into the room to ask and was told that was indeed an exec (deluxe) room, yet noone told me the lack of exec amneties (or i dont even know for sure at this point if my room is an exec room - it's on the 9th fl) and hence the unnecessity to upgrade.
3. When I called again I was finally told my room is an exec room, but cuz it's an upgrade i wont get the amneties - which is redeemable at 1500/night, as i was told earlier here.
4. The wifi wasnt working in the lounge last night!!!

I hope this could be sorted out, or i am actually thinking of writting sth to the management about the whole incident.

Anyway, the breakfast there which I've used the exec breakie coupon - is great! the 3000 shall allow us to skip a proper lunch!
Old Aug 5, 2009, 9:47 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by kaka
or i am actually thinking of writting sth to the management about the whole incident.
Hi kaka,

Do approach the management with your feedback while you are still staying at the property.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Aug 6, 2009, 8:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Hi kaka,

Do approach the management with your feedback while you are still staying at the property.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Thanks,
I've written the feedback this morning since the whole incident happened throughout the time i was there and it wasn't till late last night/this morning till i realized the problem. I wasnt terribly well on day 1 and then it was my gf for late day 2, so i didnt bother bringing up the whole thing. I'll keep you guys posted for anything coming up anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.