Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Miyako, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
The property does not participate in Suite Night Awards.
Print Wikipost

Westin Miyako, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2015, 4:58 pm

Stayed 4 nights here last week. I booked a Club room for 3 people using SPG points. The agent on the phone confirmed that there will be no extra charge for the third person but when we checked in, we were told that there will be an extra charge of 5400yen per night. Not too happy about the misinformation given but there's not much we could do. The hotel is decent for the price but the executive lounge food is really not up to par with other comparable properties. Also, quality of breakfast at the restaurant was OK at most. All the food we had in Japan for our 9 days trip were fantastic except for what I had in this hotel. So next time I probably would try another hotel or just book a standard room and have breakfast elsewhere.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 5:55 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum AAdvantage Executive Platinum
Same thing happened to me last November. Call SPG customer service to let them know that you were never quoted the extra charge. They reviewed the recording of my booking and issued me a check for the amount.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by Nerof50
Same thing happened to me last November. Call SPG customer service to let them know that you were never quoted the extra charge. They reviewed the recording of my booking and issued me a check for the amount.
Thanks for the info. I emailed them about the situation 2 days ago. Will wait and see what they say. I will call customer service if the email didn't resolve the problem.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: United MP 1K, SPG Gold
How much have you guys been paying here per room lately? I posted earlier about rates here skyrocketing to like $400-$500USD on a random day and can't find anything less on the SPG website.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 5:34 pm

All I can say is that it's one hell of redemption at 10,000 points.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Evident
How much have you guys been paying here per room lately? I posted earlier about rates here skyrocketing to like $400-$500USD on a random day and can't find anything less on the SPG website.

All depends on the month. When are you looking?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by Jesperss
All depends on the month. When are you looking?
Have a business trip in November. Was planning to stay there on my way in and out of Japan. I might be going there again in feb / march timeframe. all 3 months are only advertised as rack rate 46000 jpy on the spg website. and also for kicks i started looking up random dates from now until june. only thing advertised is their "RACK RATE", which is, you guessed it, 46000 JPY.

Last edited by Evident; Sep 18, 2015 at 11:49 pm
Old Sep 19, 2015, 9:02 am

While November (beautiful fall foliage) is high season for Kyoto along with March/April (cherry blossom), it baffles me why basically the entire February shows nothing but a rack rate (¥46k).
Old Sep 19, 2015, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by MichaelJapan
While November (beautiful fall foliage) is high season for Kyoto along with March/April (cherry blossom), it baffles me why basically the entire February shows nothing but a rack rate (¥46k).
just seems to me like theres a conspiracy that the miyako hotel chain is not providing the best rates for SPG reward members.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Evident
just seems to me like theres a conspiracy that the miyako hotel chain is not providing the best rates for SPG reward members.
You mentioned November 8th and 24th earlier. Currently the lowest available rate on SPG is ¥56k (all in) for Deluxe Garden View (King or Twin) for both of those dates.

If you search galahotels.com you can get superior twin for $365 (all in) on 11/08. BRG it through, you'll get the price down to $304 (20% off) - this is around ¥36k.

11/24 is more tricky. The lowest I could find was on German www.kayak.de (redirecting to OnHotel) also superior twin for €382 (¥52k) all in, which you can take down to €318 (¥43k).

Remember to follow BRG guidelines when room is not available through SPG website.

Of course you can go through many OTAs to try and find a good rate you can BRG and perhaps you'll find something. Most of my stays are BRG'd anyway.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 5:36 am

Does anyone know if you book a room on the club floor you also have a voucher for the breakfast in the main restaurant? I thought I saw this somewhere however unsure.....
Old Oct 10, 2015, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Does anyone know if you book a room on the club floor you also have a voucher for the breakfast in the main restaurant? I thought I saw this somewhere however unsure.....
This may not answer your question, but FWIW a couple of years ago as a Platinum I (and my wife) had access to both the lounge restaurant and to the much more extensive regular restaurant breakfast.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 6:34 am

I checked in today as a PLT booked into Exec Club (that's all that was open). We did get an upgrade to a very date junior suite. It's basically a somewhat larger room and that's about it.

The agent said feel free to eat in the Exec Club or just tell them your room number in the international buffet restaurant.

I don't recall having been in as dated a room/bathroom as this one in ages.
It's kind of mind boggling.

If I couldn't have used SPG points for this stay, not sure I'd be at all pleased with the room.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 3:08 pm

My main problem with this property is in-room wi-fi (but perhaps it was just my room?)

I had to sit by the desk to get any reception (within a feet or so of access point) - not able to use anything in bed or on the balcony.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 8:09 am

I just booked two nights for 11k/nt. booked into a Deluxe Garden View King. (11/14-16).

I have a feeling we will get placed into a dated room just because most of the comments are negative. Any info on local attractions, features, etc.?

Also, any more info on taking the hotel shuttle to/from the Kyoto station? We will be taking the train to/from Tokyo.

First timers to Japan. Any tips are appreciated.

TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.