Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Salzburg, Austria [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Grand Salzburg, Austria [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2005, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by wizzy
What's the weather like there in September? My wife and I are thinking of staying there before or after a trip to Munich for Oktoberfest next fall.
I was there 29th Sept. 2001 and it was nice and sunny. However, during an open-air show the manager mentioned THIS IS THE FIRST DAY THIS SEPTEMBER WITHOUT RAIN.
Next day it was raining again .. all the way to Munich
Old Jan 22, 2006, 5:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
How long of a drive is it from the Fuschl area into Salzburg? How long would the bus take? Any idea how late the bus runs? We'll have a car, but if we're just going into town to wander around, or dinner and drinks, do we need to drive?
Old Jan 22, 2006, 6:41 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by wizzy
How long of a drive is it from the Fuschl area into Salzburg? How long would the bus take? Any idea how late the bus runs? We'll have a car, but if we're just going into town to wander around, or dinner and drinks, do we need to drive?
It was more than a year ago, so my recollection may be fuzzy, but it appeared to run every 20-30 minutes during peak times, and take only about a half-hour (or less). It was very convenient.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 8:40 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Contrary to our usual policy of staying at least 2 nights to relax, we've booked 1 night at the GH and one night at Fuschl after a 5 night stay at the Imperial in Vienna (next fall) I wanted to check both hotels out for myself so that we could choose one for a longer stay in the future.

Here is the room description of our room at the Fuschl:
JUNIOR SUITE LAKE VIEW, SITTING AREA, SPECTACULAR VIEW, FREE ACCESS TO HLTH CLUB/POOL, MODERN LIGHT WOOD FURNISHINGS, LARGE JUNIOR SUITE WITH THE MOST SPECTACULAR VIEW OVER LAKE FUSCHL

Does anybody familiar with the hotel know which section it would be in? Also, I read about the renovation and thought that was a good sign.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 7:36 pm

Am on my third night of a 4-night stay at the Sheraton Salzburg near Mirabel Park. I booked the room 7 months ago (executive park view 2-bed room, 270 Euro price) because I wanted to be sure and be comfortable while attending a tiring meeting here (I'm only SPG gold, comped, usually do Hiltons but there isn't one in town). I got a confirmation e-mail a few days before, and I called to tell them I'd be arriving late, to be sure and hold the room.

I arrived as stated and was disappointed to be placed into a city/building view 1-bed room which was objectively fine but not what I'd reserved for 270 Euro, plus high-speed internet hot spot did not work properly in that room as I was later told it in not in a good location for it. They were immediately anxious to help when I issued protest, and indeed the next AM moved me into an upgraded spacious suite (sitting room + large bed area, 2 windows looking out on the park, + functional internet). This is one of those set-back suites on the 6th floor with a doorbell

GOOD:

1. service is very friendly and responsive and obliging, from quick phone pick-up to restaurant recommendations to dealing with problems large and small
2. Pleasant 15-minute (safe) walk into old town through the park and along the river Salzach
3. in-room coffee, mini-bar, turn-down service, lots of towels

NOT SO GOOD:

1. expensive
2. Mirabel restaurant room service food: so-so (maybe I ordered the wrong things(
3. No pay-to-view movies on tV (there's a message on the screen about having some kind of tax issues with the city about pay TV), you instead get to watch whatever happens to be on in whatever language (including what appeared to be a Tyrolean dialect station, and Al Jazeera -- I landed up watching a Clint Eastwood movie dubbed into regular German)
4. NO EXECUTIVE LOUNGE, and breakfast not included in price of room, so add $$ to anything you buy (unless you go to the little indoor mall a couple blocks up and stock up on cheaper things)
5. Why are there reproduction of Gauguin's paintings (half-naked brown women etc) on the walls of my suite in the middle of ancient Salzburg?? Mozart, the Alps, a mountain goat, or even the Hapsburgs might make more sense. Pretty bizarre, with several feet of snow piled up outside like a fairy tale winter and the fortress up on the hill. Just doesn't fit.

Overall I feel comfortable here, would consider it again even with the high price and the initial mix-up. Good service really makes a difference.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 7:38 am

Programs: SPG - Gold, Delta Silver, Continental Silver
Sheraton Salzburg Positive Experience

Just stayed on cash & points at the Sheraton Salzburg. Got a newly renevated room on the 2nd floor overlooking Marribella garden/park.

Room was very large and bathroon was one of the best I have seen. Modern shower and bath tub and very nice design. Abosolutely spotless!

Great service, and convenient to train station. Nice 5 minute walk to the center of town, past Mozart museum etc. The cash and points deal is fantastic...because it is based on $60 USD...so my room was around 45 euro + 4000 points.

Walked by the Goldner hotel also in Slazburg. It is directly in the center of town...but didn't look that impressive...and don't think it really commands the premium price.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 9:58 am

Had 2 weekend stays (3rd night free + Award stay) in June.
Both stays upgraded to a very nice suite.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 5:12 am

Programs: ICHG Platinum RoyalAmb, HiltonHonors Gold, AClub Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Spg Plat
hi !
Any news about club LOUNGE at the Sheraton Salzburg?
I see club rooms on sale on the website.
Any review?
Do they give lounge access to Plats ?
Old Mar 22, 2009, 10:31 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by aleinvolo
hi !
Any news about club LOUNGE at the Sheraton Salzburg?
I see club rooms on sale on the website.
Any review?
Do they give lounge access to Plats ?
There's no Club rooms in the Hotel listing. They have 95 executive rooms but no mention of a lounge. However there is a photo of the Club Lounge!
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...propertyID=327
Old Mar 22, 2009, 3:07 pm

Programs: ICHG Platinum RoyalAmb, HiltonHonors Gold, AClub Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Spg Plat
Originally Posted by OPebble
There's no Club rooms in the Hotel listing. They have 95 executive rooms but no mention of a lounge. However there is a photo of the Club Lounge!
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...propertyID=327

Look better!
Try to book a room in April, and between rooms list you can find "2 Twins- Internet For Free , Eve Drinks/hors D Oeuvres , Sweet Sleeper Bed , Breakfast In Lounge , Club Floor Non-smoking

So club floor and breakfast in lounge means club lounge, I suppose (and I hope since it's a very cheap hotel)!
Old Apr 1, 2009, 12:56 pm
Suspended

New Club Lounge

The new club lounge is very nice and modern (more like a Westin or W), very different from the rest of the hotel which is contemporary/older style Sheraton. High tech coffee machine, well stocked fridge, 3 hot items for breakfast and evening cocktails (and sometimes even during the day) and I believe champagne is also available in the evenings. Comp wifi and theres also an internet terminal. There are outside seating on the balcony (smoking tables ?) with a view of the fortress in the background. Service is excellent and very personalised

Best Starwood lounge outside of Asia for me so far !
Old May 29, 2009, 8:33 am

Programs: HHonors, Delta
Originally Posted by mario33
The new club lounge is very nice and modern (more like a Westin or W), very different from the rest of the hotel which is contemporary/older style Sheraton. High tech coffee machine, well stocked fridge, 3 hot items for breakfast and evening cocktails (and sometimes even during the day) and I believe champagne is also available in the evenings. Comp wifi and theres also an internet terminal. There are outside seating on the balcony (smoking tables ?) with a view of the fortress in the background. Service is excellent and very personalised

Best Starwood lounge outside of Asia for me so far !
<<<<<<<<<<

I am at the Sheraton Salzburg right now. Tried to upgrade a points stay to the new club floor. I can onlz say that the club would HAVE to be spectacular as they asked for 12000 points per night to upgrade or 120 euro. Whew! Said no thanks....

Also, did not receive an upgrade as far as I can tell. Building view, room small....This is a big change for my spouse and I as we were treated very well at all the properties in Germany last week.
Old May 29, 2009, 9:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by took
Also, did not receive an upgrade as far as I can tell. Building view, room small....This is a big change for my spouse and I as we were treated very well at all the properties in Germany last week.
I am surprised, they tried very hard to give me some sort of an upgrade when I turned down the only available non-smoking suite next to the elevator. Are you SPG Platinum (if you dont mind me asking) ?
Old May 31, 2009, 3:30 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Originally Posted by took
<<<<<<<<<<

I am at the Sheraton Salzburg right now. Tried to upgrade a points stay to the new club floor. I can onlz say that the club would HAVE to be spectacular as they asked for 12000 points per night to upgrade or 120 euro. Whew! Said no thanks....
As Platinum I was upgraded automatically to a suite and got lounge access. The lounge is very nice (+ great view to the castle) and offers excellent food - if it's worthwile 12k points is an individual desission as Salzburg has lost of excellent restaurants serving local cuisine.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 9:14 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum
We stayed during the Music Festival and hence only got a renovated room on the SPG floor but you couldn´t get us out of the club - it was fabulous.

All the rooms on the 7th floor where the club is appeared to be occupied by summering Arabic families, but the rooms looked like they must be huge, and therefore potentially worth 12,000 points to upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.