Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Salzburg, Austria [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Grand Salzburg, Austria [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2014, 4:44 am

Renovated Suite (SPG Platinum upgrade): http://youhavebeenupgraded.boardinga...aton-salzburg/
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Recent award stay - two rooms/two nights (on exec floor, no lounge access).
Late July 2014 (during music festival).

Wifi is free so I took the SPG points as my welcome gift.

Definitely worthy of the five star rating.

FWIW, it was hot and humid when we were in SLZ.
Room air conditioning worked great.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:14 am

Stayed for 2 nights on points. Sent them an email in advance as I proposed to my gf a few days earlier, was upgraded for free to King Suite as SPG Plat plus bottle of wine and fresh fruit awaiting us in the room.

Enjoyed the lounge access throughout the day, but would've liked a bit more in terms of breakfast options. Very good experience overall.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Stayed here for two nights earlier this month. I was upgraded to a spacious suite next to the elevator. The club lounge was nice with reasonable (but not a wide variety of) of breakfast items in the morning and snacks in the evening. The lounge had a pretty generous selection of free alcoholic drink in the evening and there weren't too many hotel guests when I was there, so that's nice. The location was fine, next to the Mirabell Park and within walking distance to both the hauptbahnhof and old town.

I stayed at the Goldener Hirsch after that, it was also a good stay. If someone has never stayed there before, I will suggest spending a night or two at Goldener Hirsch for the experience. If I am visiting there again, I will probably choose the Sheraton. But this is just individual preference.
Old May 27, 2015, 3:27 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Just completed a 3 nights stay here and have to say one of the best Sheratons I have stayed in.

Upgraded to a nice Junior Suite even though the hotel was very busy, the lounge was excellent with a good selection of things all day. They have sparkling wine available all day and a nice selection for breakfast along with hot options for lunch and in the evening.

There is a good selection of spirits in the evening along with a choice of 2 reds and 2 whites along with sparkling wine.

The staff throughout the property were really friendly and couldn't be more helpful. In the lounge the staff were happy to chat and give advice on places to see. There is also a little terrace in the lounge which when the weather is nice was also a good option to have.

The room itself felt well maintained as did the whole hotel, the bed is as you would expect at a Sheraton and had breakfast in the restaurant which had a excellent selection of hot and cold food, with a fresh egg station to order what you wanted.

All in all a excellent property with staff that care about the property and their guests. Highly recommend this property especially if you can take advantage of the lounge.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
We are currently at the Sheraton Salzburg, what an amazing place, was upgraded to the Penthouse suite on the 7th floor, lounge is excellent, always a great selection of food and drinks.. Best upgrade I have gotten, and I'm a 150+ night PLT.

Last edited by FlightNurse; Aug 31, 2015 at 3:05 pm Reason: wrong suite
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
We are currently at the Sheraton Salzburg, what an amazing place, was upgraded to the Presidential suite on the 7th floor, lounge is excellent, always a great selection of food and drinks.. Best upgrade I have gotten, and I'm a 150+ night PLT.
Sweet, hope you can link some photos of the Presidential Suite if any.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
We are currently at the Sheraton Salzburg, what an amazing place, was upgraded to the Presidential suite on the 7th floor, lounge is excellent, always a great selection of food and drinks.. Best upgrade I have gotten, and I'm a 150+ night PLT.
You mean the Penthouse Suite, the Presidential Suite is not located on the seventh floor.

http://www.sheratonsalzburg.com/en/r...house_suite_en

http://www.sheratonsalzburg.com/en/r...sidental_suite
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
You mean the Penthouse Suite, the Presidential Suite is not located on the seventh floor.

http://www.sheratonsalzburg.com/en/r...house_suite_en

http://www.sheratonsalzburg.com/en/r...sidental_suite
opps penthouse suite
Old Sep 5, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
The Sheraton Salzburg will change its name into Sheraton Grand Salzburg!!!
Old Sep 8, 2016, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I'm here for the rebranding party tonight. Free drinks and buffet dinner.

Too bad all the speeches are in German without even an abbreviated version in English. (I'm bilingual but no German.) I have no idea who the speakers are. Somebody won a lifetime achievement award for something.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Great staff there, I hope the associates got to eat!
Old Sep 9, 2016, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
The buffet dinner was absolutely fantastic. A huge selection of high end stuff and no line ups in spite of the large crowd that was there. I did see the lounge lady enjoying dinner after her shift. ^

Still disappointed that there was zero effort made to include non-German speaking guests, but "it's my party, and I can do what I want to" or something like that.

I have to agree with previous posters that this hotel has an absolutely fantastic lounge. Beer and wine all day, they serve lunch from 12-2, and dinner is from 5-10 pm (hot/cold food for both). Lounge is on 7th floor and there is an outdoor terrace as well.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 5:54 am

Is the cost to upgrade from the standard room still 60 Euros per person? Stoked that they participate in the Z6H promo code which I can also combine with Citi Prestige to get 3 nights free on a 6 night stay.
Old May 11, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
2 adults and 3 year old

After reviewing the thread and other reviews...what is your take on this hotel for a family with a 3-year old boy (well traveled) for 3 nights?

Need a stroller or will the attractions be walkable? looking at google maps...looks walkable.

Any suggestions on attractions other people thought leaned kid friendly?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.