Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Miyako Hotels, Tokyo and Osaka [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Miyako Hotels, Tokyo and Osaka [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2007, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
Arrow Sheraton Miyako Hotels, Tokyo and Osaka [Master Thread]

From Hotel Travel News

Mikayo Hotel in Japan reflagged as Sheraton
Thursday, March 01 2007 @ 09:44 AM GMT

Starwood Hotels & Resorts has inked a deal with Kintetsu Hotel Systems for two new Sheraton hotels in Japan.

The Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo and The Sheraton Miyako Hotel Osaka, which will open their doors in April after renovations.

The 492-room Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo offers over more than 9,800 square feet of meeting space while the 575-room Sheraton Miyako Hotel Osaka offers 1,300 square feet of meeting area.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 1:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Japan Forum, Skyteam Elite Plus, BW Diamond Select, HHonors Gold, NWA, DL, NH
Currently these two hotels are under the Raddison flag.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
Does anyone have any information or experience to share on the hotels (i.e. location, deco, prices, etc).
Old Mar 2, 2007, 11:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Japan Forum, Skyteam Elite Plus, BW Diamond Select, HHonors Gold, NWA, DL, NH
Access wise, you'll stuck like the Westin Ebisu, getting their from Narita Airport via train would be a pain if you had much luggage, as it would require about 2 transfers. Its near a subway station the Mita/Nanboku line that you can go onto connect to other lines of the Tokyo Subway or connect to JR lines or other rail lines at various points.

I don't know all to much about the Miyako Tokyo and I don't know what type of "renovations" they are doing, but the standard rooms in the Miakyo Osaka are your standard japanese business rooms (though a little larger in size) with dated decor, which appears to be the norm in Japan if you're paying for the cheapest rooms (and standard award rooms), I never had a problem, since I often stay in business hotels anyway, and I'm not that picky, but others might give it a different view.

The higher club, premiere etc rooms appear to be more modern. Access to the Osaka Miyako is on the Kintetsu Line a little east of Nanba in Osaka, guess it all depends on where you plan to stay and visit, Nara can be reach easily from the Kintestu line in Osaka as well.
Alternately, the Westin Osaka is located in the North in the Umeda area.

Last edited by railroadtycoon; Mar 2, 2007 at 11:59 am
Old Mar 2, 2007, 12:23 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Well it's official web page seems to be here...

http://www.miyakohotels.ne.jp/tokyo/english/index.html

Looked like a lot of positive feedback on TripAdvisor

Railroadtycoon is correct about the Tokyo location. To and from Narita, your train option is pretty much NEX to Shinagawa (LM Pacific) then taxi to the property.

The price point should be interesting.

Scho
Old Apr 1, 2007, 6:33 am

Programs: UA
Miyako Tokyo

Location is in a rather high-end residential part of central Tokyo, on the nanboku line one stop away from Meguro station on the Yamanote loop. There is a hotel shuttle to Meguro station as well. The hotel is also on the same Airport Limousine route to Westin Ebisu.

It is considered a high-end hotel with a mostly Japanese clientele. The rooms have been renovated to current international standards. The grounds are spacious, and there are lots of temples and gardens nearby. I am very happy to see it rebranded as a Sheraton.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 4:42 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I was at Shinagawa Station last week and noticed there was a shuttlebus to the Miyako still in Radission colours though, but I'd check with the hotel to see if they have shuttle service to nearby train stations.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 4:10 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
OK. So has anybody stayed there yet? I had the chance and almost did but I chose the path of least resistance and missed out.

The first time I checked, it was not coming up on SPG.com
The second time I was looking for accomodations in Tokyo I didn't "notice" it.
When I was a little "surprised" at check in at LM Grand Pacific, I asked if they knew about the Miyako and they didn't.

I checked out it's website

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...ropertyID=3091

And I think I actually could really enjoy this property.

Furnishings look a little nicer than what I usually get at the LM Pacific and the mattress run distance to the Pacific is also very doable.

I plugged in some dummy dates and pricing was coming up just slightly higher than the LM Pacific. It also looks like there's a 2000 yen premium for booking with 2 vs 1 as the number of guests.

Anybody got any info?

Also I wonder how drastic a "refresh" they did to the property.

Regards,

Scho
Old Jun 9, 2007, 1:24 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Everything looks good other than the distance to trains. My business is in Suitengumae and after the schlep to the train station I'd still have two transfers at a minimum.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 1:17 am

Hmm - I wonder what's the actual distance to the metro. I mean, what's '4 minutes' walk?' The IC Tokyo Bay people told me it'd take 7 minutes to walk to the monorail when in fact it was just around the corner from the hotel.

The rooms of the Sheraton look way nicer than the LM Pacific. Looks like it's also closer to stuff than the LM Grand on the bay. A tripadvisor review indicated that the free shuttle bus to the JR station runs every 15 minutes.

Look fwd to the reviews from Fters.

Last edited by Keith009; Jun 10, 2007 at 1:25 am
Old Jun 10, 2007, 1:57 am

Programs: AA 1MM, Hyatt Gold, SPG lifetime
Its probably a good 4 minutes walk to the train station. far from nex options. there are few good dining options around the hotel. hotel itself is nowhere near the westin in terms of style, location or quality.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by MilesAndMore
hotel itself is nowhere near the westin in terms of style, location or quality.
Alas my budget only permits either the LM Pacific or the Sheraton Miyako.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 6:24 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
sheraton miyako

Originally Posted by QF009
Alas my budget only permits either the LM Pacific or the Sheraton Miyako.
i have been in the sheraton miyako and it is a nice hotel.

will post some pictures and a travel report soon.

dp
Old Jun 10, 2007, 7:53 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Miyako Osaka

Hi,

Just a small review of this hotel. Renovation is still ongoing. This is my second experience with this place.

Location: Not too bad, next to the Uehommachi station, but not central Osaka.

Rooms: OK. Just finished a stay this weekend for a night, and I think I was upgraded, but the room was still rather old with quite a horrible interior decoration. I hope that the room is due for renovation soon. Bed was ok, but a bit low. Room was spacious, that is why I think I was upgraded. But on my first stay there, I was given a much better room with better bed and amenities. This room on my second stay was I think for non-SPG members, no indication that it was part of the Sheraton brand. On my first visit, all amenities had the Sheraton brand.

Shower/WC area: Typical Japanese fit in bathroom. Spacious.

Internet connection: OK, cable connection.

Staff: OK, typical for any hotels in Japan. Though the same concierge staff who assisted me the weekend before recognized me. She was very friendly.

Overall: A OK hotel. However, I expected more from a Sheraton. On my second stay, they even provided me with the wrong newspaper (in Japanese!). I did test if they provided me with the late check-out privilege and passed with success. I think overall Japanese hotels follows the rules of programs by the book. This is good but bad at the same time. But this is Japan.

I have another stay coming up in the following weekend. Will see what I will get this time.

Old Jun 10, 2007, 11:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

If you're paying for standard rooms or award rooms then go with the Miyako. The shuttlebus runs to the nearby JR stations, I remeber seeing the bus when it was under the Raddison brand at Shinagawa Station. The two subway stations are nearby on the Mita and Namboku lines, if you find them useful over JR to where you want to go utilize them.

The IC Tokyo Bay people told me it'd take 7 minutes to walk to the monorail when in fact it was just around the corner from the hotel.
The Tokyo Monorail and JR station is indeed about a 7-10minute walk from the IC Tokyo Bay. The Yurikaome Line which connects to odaiba and shimbashi station is right near the hotel, the Yurikamome is not a monorail, technology is totally different.

Last edited by railroadtycoon; Jun 10, 2007 at 12:05 pm Reason: bolded instead of quoted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.