Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Maui, Ka'anapali, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Westin Maui, Ka'anapali, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:35 am

Does the Westin Maui still provide free self parking?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milemonkey
Does the Westin Maui still provide free self parking?
Self parking is included as part of resort fee.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 4:32 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
Self parking is included as part of resort fee.
also note that the self park lot is pretty small (and tight)... if its full, they will valet for free
Old Jan 27, 2014, 8:30 pm

If the hotel is very full, generally returning from dinner after 6 will get you free valet. If its a usual night, anytime from 8-9 it usually fills up. So just plan your evening appropriately.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 8:20 pm

Programs: SPG/MR Plat, HH Gold, UA Silver
Racking my brain trying to decide between Sheraton and Westin in Maui for a honeymoon in late April. I know Westin has construction, but is that enough of a reason to stay at Sheraton? Which is more honeymoon friendly? Will be staying for 5 nights. I am a platinum booking for my brother and his fiancee. Using points. Hoping for the best chance of an upgrade - have plenty of SNAs to use!

Thanks!

Edit: A tripadvisor review from yesterday mentions that construction has just finished!

Last edited by forkknifespoon; Jan 30, 2014 at 8:28 pm
Old Feb 19, 2014, 8:36 pm

Just an update on the Westin - just back from a week at the property. The construction/Remodel work is now 100% complete. They were even removing the equipment and storage sheds from the parking lot while we were there. So things are back to normal and no other work is currently planned for a few years.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 5:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Did you stay in a renovated ocean tower room? Can anyone provide a review of what has changed?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by drewdawg199
Did you stay in a renovated ocean tower room? Can anyone provide a review of what has changed?
I wasn't there before the renovations, but just completed a short stay in the ocean tower.
Room is quite nice in typical Westin fashion/styling. Not a lot of space to move around, but comfortable enough considering you're not coming to HI to sit in your room. Semi-open bathroom design, with the toilet and shower behind a sliding door.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 4:44 pm

I am happy to hear that renovations are complete as we leave for a stay there next week. Do the newly renovated rooms include a refrigerator large enough to store soft drinks, water bottles, wine bottle? I would appreciate any information you could provide regarding SPG status recognition (I am gold) and recommendations on dining venues and/or activities you enjoyed?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 6:25 pm

There's a minifridge in the room, stocked with two hawaiian water bottles as part of the resort fee I was told. Plenty of room to BYOB and such.

Activities wise, whatever floats your boat, golfing, snorkeling or lounging by the pool/beach (although it gets crowded fast and I think I'd rather take a car and drive down to one of the public beaches that seem less populated).
I've had dinner at the Teppanyaki-Dan at Sheraton one evening, and although the food was decent, not sure I can recommend it given the price (upcharge for fried rice is just an insult) and service (island time, waiting to be seated and the food to be prepared. Not many show-off tricks apart from the volcano).
Had a much nicer meal on the way back from the volcano at Da Kitchen next to the airport, but it's not a fancy restaurant by any means if thats what you're looking for.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: Gold SPG and Marriott, Silver United Milage Plus
We stayed in the ocean view room at the Ocean Tower-the renovation is very nice, there is a closet now, no tub, 0ver all it is much better. We were there during the first part of February.
Just one word of caution, stay away from the Terrace view rooms, you will over look the parking lot and will be noisy. The hotel itself is very quiet, 5 pools, hot tub, landscape is good, but needs work, has not changed in 30 years!
This is our favorite hotel, we have been there 14 times, since 1992!
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by RFLP
We stayed in the ocean view room at the Ocean Tower-the renovation is very nice, there is a closet now, no tub, 0ver all it is much better. We were there during the first part of February.
Just one word of caution, stay away from the Terrace view rooms, you will over look the parking lot and will be noisy. The hotel itself is very quiet, 5 pools, hot tub, landscape is good, but needs work, has not changed in 30 years!
This is our favorite hotel, we have been there 14 times, since 1992!
We agree with our love of this hotel. We haven't been there quite as many times as you guys but our first stay goes back to 1989 when we were married. Going back next week (in a Luxury Suite!!!) to celebrate our 25th anniversary.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:31 am

I know it's awhile but we are heading to Maui again in October for my wife's 40th bday and staying at the Westin this time as usually we stay at the Grand Wailea. I have a couple of questions for anyone who can help.

1. I believe we are booked in the ocean tower but would like to try to get a ground floor room for easy access to the pool. Are these available here?

2. Which rooms, if any, have a pull out sofa? I booked a room with 2 dbl beds for my wife, my 1 child and me but would prefer to get a king bed room with a pull out if possible.

Any other tips of front desk people to ask for, handshake tips to give or names to drop upon check in would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

PS. I'm an SPG Gold but so is everyone these days it appears.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 7:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dsbays
I know it's awhile but we are heading to Maui again in October for my wife's 40th bday and staying at the Westin this time as usually we stay at the Grand Wailea. I have a couple of questions for anyone who can help.

1. I believe we are booked in the ocean tower but would like to try to get a ground floor room for easy access to the pool. Are these available here?

2. Which rooms, if any, have a pull out sofa? I booked a room with 2 dbl beds for my wife, my 1 child and me but would prefer to get a king bed room with a pull out if possible.

Any other tips of front desk people to ask for, handshake tips to give or names to drop upon check in would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

PS. I'm an SPG Gold but so is everyone these days it appears.
IIRC, there are no guest rooms on the ground floor.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:02 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Southwest Rapid Rewards A-List, HHonors Gold
I was here on a 3 day stay and was upgraded to an Ocean View room as Platinum. The free breakfast was enough for me and wife. Breakfast for platinums only included cold meats as mentioned previously. I thought the hotel was clean and well kept. Self parking was free, however lots of nights the lot was full so they valeted the car free of charge. I would definitely recommend this place, but did notice that it was on the list of category changes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.