Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

GONE: Four Points in Norwalk CT (Left SPG July 9, 2013)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GONE: Four Points in Norwalk CT (Left SPG July 9, 2013)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2012, 5:20 am

Programs: UA, SPG Gold
Any recent updates on this property?
I need to stay in the area for two nights and need a couple of rooms.
C&P is a nice option but the reviews (dated) have me a bit worried.
Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 7:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RUGBYS2K
Any recent updates on this property?
I need to stay in the area for two nights and need a couple of rooms.
C&P is a nice option but the reviews (dated) have me a bit worried.
Thanks in advance.
havent been there this yr as of yet. If all you want and need is a room it will do as thats all they offer. Apx a 15-20 min drive is the Sheraton in Stamford which I think will offer alot more besides just a room.

I see this 4P as a luxury Motel6, if all I need is the stay credit or just a room for some ZZs and a shower it will do, anything more it wont
Old Aug 8, 2012, 6:07 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
I stay here Occasionally. Like the above poster said, it's good for an overnight stay. They have a little bar and restaurant but other than that, it's you're typical side of the highway hotel. It's clean and functional and occasionally I have been upgraded to a suite... Which is just a bigger room.

I've also stayed down the road at the Stamford Sheraton, which I really like. Though I have only been upgraded to a suite ones, the typical rooms are small but nice. The club lounge is decent but I really like the lobby and bar area. Plus they have always offered me a free breakfast buffet, which is really good. They'll make the omlets right in front of you.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 8:20 pm

I just stayed there on last Fri night. It was OK hotel, but I saw lots of people with dogs. If you don't like dogs, don't stay there.

The bar and restaurant was OK, I ordered a steak dinner, the steak was not bad, but costly.

I paid $69 for a night.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 6:10 am

Quick update... As a business traveler, this hotel is growing on me. It's functional, clean, and friendly. It is not lavish and have all the amenities but works well for me. A few notes...

1. Checkin = good
2. Room = typical, clean, small flat screen tv.
3. Bar/restaurant = small but functional.
4. Breakfast = decent continental available or you can order off menu.
5. Location = right off the Merritt.
6. Area = fine. A business area on a busy road. Food/shopping close by.

I ate dinner at a place called "Tavern on 7" right up the road. Decent pub food. Sat at the bar, ate some grub, and sucked back a few brews. I'd eat there again.
Old May 6, 2013, 3:56 pm

Leaving Starwood on July 9, 2013

Leaving Starwood on July 9, 2013

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpo...propertyID=742
Old May 6, 2013, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Wow - SPG in Fairfield County takes another hit
Old May 6, 2013, 5:38 pm

What the hell is going on? This one is frustrating.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 8:50 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium; Amtrak Select
4 Points Norwalk CT no longer a 4 Points

Just received word that the 4 Points Norwalk, Conn., is "deactivated," effective today. Too bad. Basic, but decent property. Coupled with the loss (as it were) of Danbury's Sheraton awhile back, the option for mattress runs in Fairfield County, the home of Starwood's global headquarters, is down to just the Sheraton Stamford.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by wordsmith
Just received word that the 4 Points Norwalk, Conn., is "deactivated," effective today. Too bad. Basic, but decent property. Coupled with the loss (as it were) of Danbury's Sheraton awhile back, the option for mattress runs in Fairfield County, the home of Starwood's global headquarters, is down to just the Sheraton Stamford.
sucks....stayed here a couple of times over the last few years....it was a decent property & close to my client's office....
Old Jul 10, 2013, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by wordsmith
And the Sheraton Stamford was just converted over from Holiday Inn last year or so.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 12:13 pm
Suspended

It was doable a few yrs back when they had a $49 roomsaver coupon. Their last coupon was $79, cheap compared to most other *Ws but no bargain hotel wise. Plenty of $69s in Shelton a few miles up the Merrit where breakfast was included

It wasnt a dump, it was just plain vanilla basically a room and thats it.

Tried calling to see what if any Flag they will be flying, no one answers either # I have for them
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by craz
Tried calling to see what if any Flag they will be flying, no one answers either # I have for them
A Tripadvisor review from May says the hotel was closing, not changing flags:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...ECK_RATES_CONT
Old Jul 11, 2013, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Shocking given all the Merritt 7 companies, all the business in the area, etc.

Fairfield Co is woefully lacking in good hotels. J House was smart.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:26 am

converting

This property will become the first Even Hotel, a wellness-oriented brand launched by IHG last year. It is expected to open early 2014.

http://hotelnewsnow.com/Article/1100...bolster-brands

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.