Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Westin Trianon Palace, Versailles leaves Jan 15, 2009 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Trianon Palace, Versailles leaves Jan 15, 2009 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2006, 4:05 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
This would be a significant historic place to stay for Hungarians.
Especially for hungry Hungarians!
Old Feb 13, 2006, 9:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, AA 2MM Platinum
Rate quotes "Spacious Room Located On The 3Rd Floor Of The Pavillon Building Overlooking Hotel'S Garden Or City View"

This is timely offer, as I was about to burn 80,000 for two rooms, five nights, for family of four. The daily buffet makes an even better offer with kids! Anyone have any experience with the "pavillion 3rd floor rooms", which I know can't touch the Palace rooms, but this offer is to good to pass up!
Old Feb 14, 2006, 9:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, AA 2MM Platinum
bump . . .
Old Feb 15, 2006, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA platinum Ex, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
The spa at the Trianon is very nice. They offer several types of facials that are worth trying.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 2:06 pm

You can take the train from Paris to Trianan Palace. I think either Frommers or Fodors had a map of the area and it looked like a short walk to the hotel. It probably was but we had luggage so it seemed like the 10-15 min. trip took forever. Next time, I will take a cab from the train station to the hotel. Hope that helps.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 7:12 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Seattlenerdette and I are going to Paris in April and originally had reservations at the Trianon. But after checking with my brother (who has lived in Paris for 10+ years) and hearing about the walk to the RER C, which I've done in the past, plus calculating I'd lose about 90 minutes each day going to and fro, we switched our reservation to the new Westin Paris.

It's in the heart of things and -- if time in transit is important to you, or walking in potentially wet March Paris weather -- might be a better choice.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
Seattlenerdette and I are going to Paris in April and originally had reservations at the Trianon. But after checking with my brother (who has lived in Paris for 10+ years) and hearing about the walk to the RER C, which I've done in the past, plus calculating I'd lose about 90 minutes each day going to and fro, we switched our reservation to the new Westin Paris.

It's in the heart of things and -- if time in transit is important to you, or walking in potentially wet March Paris weather -- might be a better choice.
I agree. Trianon should be a getaway or a detour from your stay in Paris.
Old May 28, 2006, 8:34 am

Programs: FB plat MM sen
Westin Trianon Palace - Versailles (Master Thread)

I think you need to forget about offering somebody SPA visit in Versailles in France.

First surprise was that French version of the page has more offers then English one:
French - http://france.destinations.starwoodh...m/spafspof.htm
English - http://france.destinations.starwoodh...om/spaspof.htm

But the bigger surprise was that they call me one day before the visit and they said that I need to cancel as they are not able to make it
I just explain that is not my problem and they need to manage that, very nice lady told me that she will think about it.
Next day she confirms that she solves the problem and all of the visit will go as planed.

The all of the treatments were well done, however they forget about GIFT which is mentioned in the offer . I think overall experience is this is one of the worst treatments which you can get in 5* *wood spa.

ppyszk
Old May 28, 2006, 10:05 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
The only thing I liked about their Spa was the Turkish hamam. The treatments were poor (massage,Facial) and the pool was so so. I found the Spa Staff rude and uninterested in anything you ask for.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 1:05 am

Programs: LH M/M now,BA Silver,SPG PLAT, Sixt Plat/Europcar Elite VIP
Service,service,service!

I had my first experience at the Trianon last week end as I was on a conference. First impression are (and remain) service is lacking! It was frankly poor. Even though they rectify it, you have to go through the uncomfortable pain of having to justify what you are supposed to get based on the resa you made with the spg site. It seems that what the resa offereed was not what the hotel manager had in mind or willing to offer. Luckily I had the printout because otherwise it would have been a battle!
Sure, the Spa is nice, but nothing more, the breakfast is way overpriced for a poor service and the attention to details as you may get them in an equivalent German SPG hotel are missing!
Overall mix feeling for a top hotel if you paying top dollars!
Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:39 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by ppyszk
First surprise was that French version of the page has more offers then English one:
This is not surprising. Many hotels advertise more specials in their own language than in English. Here's an example that is very common in Japan:

http://www.fourseasons.com/tokyo/rat...ervations.html

http://www.fourseasons-tokyo.com/gue...lan/index.html

I don't read Japanese, but I'll haphazard a guess that there are more specials in Japanese than in English.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 9:36 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Driving time from this hotel to CDG?

Does anyone have a feel for how long it would take to drive from the Westin Trianon Palace to CDG Airport on a Monday morning, scheduling to arrive at the airport at 6 AM. (So, in other words, presumably with no significant traffic.)

Looking at the map of Paris, it does not look as though there is a nice, simple way to get there, so if anyone has done this, your insights would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Dec 29, 2006, 11:17 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Does anyone have a feel for how long it would take to drive from the Westin Trianon Palace to CDG Airport on a Monday morning, scheduling to arrive at the airport at 6 AM. (So, in other words, presumably with no significant traffic.)

Looking at the map of Paris, it does not look as though there is a nice, simple way to get there, so if anyone has done this, your insights would be appreciated.

Thanks!
About 45mn

1) 10mn to go through Versailles to reach the A12 motorway either at Le Chesnay or the next interchange closer to Paris (Marnes la Coquette)
2) 10mn to reach the Peripherique ring road
3) 10mn to reach the Porte de la Chapelle exit to the A1 motorway
4) 12mn to reach CDG

As mentioned, there should be no traffic problem if you want to arrive at 6:00 AM !
Old Apr 23, 2007, 11:24 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Westin Versailles goes luxury

I am just back from the Trianon Palace / Westin Versailles where I visited the newly refurbished room. The hotel will be closed from June to September (at least on the Palace side) and will be upgraded to The Luxury Collection. Very nice new room, compared to the old "grand genre" ones, especially a fantastic bathroom.

I had a rather so-so experience overall, as the hotel seems to (French) me to succumb to the usual (French) terrible service attitude from porter boys and breakfast staff (those being especially tiresome). Front desk was adorable. Concierge was seductive and not reliable.

I booked a (rather overpriced) Endless Week End night for our first year anniversary and got a plenty of nice recognition touches, from upgrade to roses and a half bottle of champagne. Everything so romantic, as expected so close to the City of Love ;o)

The upgrade will make the hotel look gorgeous, and no doubt will send the prices skyrocketting upwards. Should they keep the breakfast staff, though, they might have some Customer Care problems !

Final Word : Versailles is the most boring place on earth on a week end. Escape at all cost !

ej
Old Apr 23, 2007, 11:59 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
It's a shame in some ways that it is being upgraded, for as you mentioned the prices will go up significantly. I've always found this hotel as a nice alternative to some of the other Paris properties when their rates are extra high.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.