Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Westin Trianon Palace, Versailles leaves Jan 15, 2009 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Trianon Palace, Versailles leaves Jan 15, 2009 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2008, 10:17 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by beachfan
I got the same email. I have a cash and points award.

So they will be honoring the $90 room rate?
My best guess is that if they sent you an email saying that they would, then they will.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
In my confirmation, it says that internet is complimentary in a superior room.

For All Superior Room Bookings, Get Free 24hrs High Speed Internet Access And Pay Tv

I have booked a deluxe room in the palace building. I can't find room descriptions or classifications on the hotel site. I should think a deluxe room would be considered a superior room - but is it?
I wouldnt expect everything to remain the same when its a WC. Sort of like how things changed in Rome with the Cav. I would take it that the what had been the nicer and better Upgraded rooms will now be Off-Limits for UPs just as with the Cav.

Id email the Hotel to be sure.

Also check out what a Diamonds benefits are for a WC, its not the same as for a reg Hilton
Old Dec 22, 2008, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
My best guess is that if they sent you an email saying that they would, then they will.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Thanks. (The email was exactly as the post above mine.) My guess is that there isn't much chance of an upgrade!
Old Dec 22, 2008, 12:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by beachfan
... My guess is that there isn't much chance of an upgrade!
Based upon your status in SPG? Yes, I would think that there is little chance of that, seeing that this property will no longer be participating in SPG at the time of your stay.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Dec 30, 2008, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I did get an email from them yesterday confirming they will honor my points stay! In September!! ^^^
Old Dec 30, 2008, 8:49 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, AA 1MM, UA 1MM
This is quite a shame, I really enjoyed this hotel and Versailles is a quite charming town. Does it seem like until January 15 we could still make bookings for stays later in the year? Or is this too much to hope for?
Old Dec 31, 2008, 12:26 am

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by Rom Sac
This is quite a shame, I really enjoyed this hotel and Versailles is a quite charming town. Does it seem like until January 15 we could still make bookings for stays later in the year? Or is this too much to hope for?
Only by dropping an email to the property would you be able to find out if it is possible.

[email protected]
Old Jan 2, 2009, 5:04 pm

Location: London (UK), Kolkata (India), and a part of the Netherlands you wouldn't like to visit (aka Purmerend)!
Programs: IC Royal Ambassador
So, so disappointed

I love staying in the Palace building at this hotel, and am so disappointed that they are leaving the *wood umbrella......I have stayed there numerous times and have found their level of service second to none in europe. Due to my need for SPG stays to retain Platinum, I will have to stay elsewhere, inside Paris from now on......I will miss my stays in Versailles.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 1:18 am
Community Director Emerita

Here is current contact information for the hotel.

We inform you that from January 16, 2009, the Trianon Palace will be managed under the brand TheWaldorf=Astoria Collection of Hilton Hotels Corporation. As from this date, the email address is as follows [email protected] or at the following phone number: 33 1 30 84 51 20

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.