Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hacienda Hotels in Yucatan Mexico **Left Marriott** [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Map showing locations of each. Merida is the most convenient airport to visit the haciendas.
Rosas y Xocalate ... the only SPG hotel in the city (part of Design Hotels). A fantastic, small boutique hotel right on the edge of the historic Centro.

Hacienda Temozon, Temozon Sur While at Temozon, drive to Celestun to take a boat trip to see the flamingos and mangroves. Closest hacienda to Uxmal.
Hacienda San Jose, Tixkokob, Yucatan
Hacienda Santa Rosa, Santa Rosa
Hacienda Puerta Campeche, Campeche
Hacienda Uayamon, Campeche

Summary by thomasito in 2017:
Hacienda San Jose: beautiful gardens, great pool, big rooms
Hacienda Santa Rosa: the smallest and very charming, nice pool, beautiful building and nice rooms
Hacienda Puerta Campeche: not a real hacienda, in the middle of Campeche town. Not as charming as the other haciendas, but nice pool and beautiful courtyard + spacious rooms
Hacienda Uayamon: stunning setting, beautiful grounds, amazing pool and huge rooms (only suites)
Hacienda Temozon: biggest hacienda with 28 rooms, very elegant, great pool and nice (but dark) rooms, they have their own cenote and you can get there by a donkey carriage.

Most of the haciendas are remote and surrounded by nature, so don't go there if you are very scared from little animals like spiders etc.

What you can expect: unique rooms, high quality beds, friendly staff, pretty good food and a la carte breakfast, tranquility,

Don't go there: if you need stable and fast Internet, a gym, club lounges and standards like in a Sheraton.
Print Wikipost

Hacienda Hotels in Yucatan Mexico **Left Marriott** [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
does santa rosa allow all 11 rooms to be booked with award? could do buyout
You'd best contact Plat Concierge... Only "superior" rooms are in the standard award pool, so other categories like Deluxe, Outdoor Plunge Pool may have restricted or no award availability. If all rooms are in the award pool I don't see why you wouldn't be able to book all of them.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:08 am

does santa rosa allow all 11 rooms to be booked with award? could do buyout
Would you also use the 11 rooms or do you just want to have it for yourself?
During my stay, 2 other rooms have been occupied but we never saw any other guests, not even in the restaurant or at the pool, at any time...
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if it is possible, may not remain that way post final merger
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by thomasito
During my stay, 2 other rooms have been occupied but we never saw any other guests, not even in the restaurant or at the pool, at any time...
I was there last July and we were the ONLY guests there! First time that has ever happened.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
I was there last July and we were the ONLY guests there! First time that has ever happened.
Happened to me to if you scroll up-thread or look in the master thread. We were upgraded to the private Casita for the week. This was back when Americans were briefly too frightened by cartel killings to travel to Mexico. Even though nothing had happened in the Yucatan.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Just completing a stay at Hacienda Temozon. It's absolutely wonderful. An amazing experience.

A couple of suggestions for the area:

- Absolutely spend at least one full day in the city of Mérida ... which is also the best airport to reach the area. Very European, and loaded with charm and history. We stayed at Rosas y Xocalate ... the only SPG hotel in the city (part of Design Hotels). I can't say enough about this hotel. A fantastic, small boutique hotel right on the edge of the historic Centro. Great service, and an incredible restaurant. Highly recommended!

- While at Temozon, we drove out to Celestun to take a boat trip to see the flamingos and mangroves. Well worth it. On the way back to Temozon, we stopped at Hacienda Santa Rosa for lunch ... driving the back roads from Celestun to Santa Rosa. Very, very cool as we saw about a half dozen other (beautiful) abandoned haciendas along the way -- pretty much one in every village. Incredible to see.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerJ
Just completing a stay at Hacienda Temozon. It's absolutely wonderful. An amazing experience.

- Absolutely spend at least one full day in the city of Mérida ... which is also the best airport to reach the area. Very European, and loaded with charm and history. We stayed at Rosas y Xocalate ... the only SPG hotel in the city (part of Design Hotels). I can't say enough about this hotel. A fantastic, small boutique hotel right on the edge of the historic Centro. Great service, and an incredible restaurant. Highly recommended!

- While at Temozon, we drove out to Celestun to take a boat trip to see the flamingos and mangroves. Well worth it. On the way back to Temozon, we stopped at Hacienda Santa Rosa for lunch ... driving the back roads from Celestun to Santa Rosa. Very, very cool as we saw about a half dozen other (beautiful) abandoned haciendas along the way -- pretty much one in every village. Incredible to see.
Thanks for this very useful review and info.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 6:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
After reading about and looking at the Haciendas since I've been on FT, I finally booked a long weekend trip to MID in August. I know it'll be hot, but I can't wait!

I've got both San Jose and Temozon booked right now, any thoughts on which one is better for solo traveler looking to relax? Also, has anyone used SNA's at either property? San Jose has all of their suites listed on the list while Temozon has just their Junior Suite listed.

Truly excited to go to one of these properties in the group which I've read so much about over the last 10 years.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:58 am

Its a very peaceful place, absolutely - I was there last year with friends (four of us had four rooms), and while there were a few other guests there through the stay, there was a ton of space.

We also had all three rooms in the former 'barn' to the left of the driveway as you come into the property - so the long plunge pool at the back shared between the rooms was ours alone.

I get the sense the property isn't full all the time, so contacting them directly for a buy-out might be something to consider.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nevansm
After reading about and looking at the Haciendas since I've been on FT, I finally booked a long weekend trip to MID in August. I know it'll be hot, but I can't wait!

I've got both San Jose and Temozon booked right now, any thoughts on which one is better for solo traveler looking to relax? Also, has anyone used SNA's at either property? San Jose has all of their suites listed on the list while Temozon has just their Junior Suite listed.

Truly excited to go to one of these properties in the group which I've read so much about over the last 10 years.
You should get upgraded to a suite at that time of year. This is the month I always go, and you may very well be the only guest at San Jose and Temozan. I have had this happen to me twice, and having the place just to yourself is amazing. And yes, it is hot. Make sure to pick up some good insect repellent, and take a couple of those insect repellent coils that burn like incense. I am also thinking of going to Temozon in Aug, as well.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by makin'miles
Its a very peaceful place, absolutely - I was there last year with friends (four of us had four rooms), and while there were a few other guests there through the stay, there was a ton of space.

We also had all three rooms in the former 'barn' to the left of the driveway as you come into the property - so the long plunge pool at the back shared between the rooms was ours alone.

I get the sense the property isn't full all the time, so contacting them directly for a buy-out might be something to consider.
That "barn" is where all the junior suites are located. Their other two bigger suits ar the next building up on the left. I believe all the rooms connected to the main building are standard rooms.
Old May 26, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Does anyone remember the cost of breakfast? Is it a la carte? What is the Plat breakfast amenity like. Am booking 2 rooms and just wondering what to expect...
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyerJ

How was the car rental experience? I assume you rented at MID when you landed? I think I might do exactly as you've outlined, sounds amazing.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
We didn't need a car while in Merida -- and really wouldn't want one there.

We flew in to Merida and then took a taxi to Rosas y Xocolate. Then, on our departure day, we picked up our rental car from National.

All of the rental car agencies have offices in or adjacent to the Fiesta Americana Hotel -- a long walk or a short taxi from Rosas y Xocolate. We picked up there, and drove straight down to Hacienda Temozon.

Then, on our return, we brought the car back to National at the Merida Airport.

It was easy.

A couple of notes:
- renting a car here (as in many places in Latin America) is a long, drawn-out process. Expect 30 minutes or more of paperwork and administrative 'stuff'!
- take note of the mandatory insurance requirements in Mexico. I'm lucky to have access to a corporate rate with National that includes that insurance -- but that's not common, and the insurance cost can add up quickly. (That 'mandatory' insurance is in addition to any credit card coverage.) I found it tough to figure out what insurance coverage I was getting when using the U.S./global websites of the car rental companies, and had to go to their Mexican sites to understand which insurance options were included vs extra.

But, it was easy and painless. And a great trip! Enjoy.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:29 pm

Thumbs up

I just finished my stays at the 5 Luxury Collection Haciendas and all I can say is that they are wonderful and very special places. It's worth staying at all of them, as each is quite different from the others. Each hacienda has alo interesting places to go in the proximity, like Mayan ruins, cenotes, little towns or beaches.

Hacienda San Jose: beautiful gardens, great pool, big rooms
Hacienda Santa Rosa: the smallest and very charming, nice pool, beautiful building and nice rooms
Hacienda Puerta Campeche: not a real hacienda, in the middle of Campeche town. Not as charming as the other haciendas, but nice pool and beautiful courtyard + spacious rooms
Hacienda Uayamon: stunning setting, beautiful grounds, amazing pool and huge rooms (only suites)
Hacienda Temozon: biggest hacienda with 28 rooms, very elegant, great pool and nice (but dark) rooms, they have their own cenote and you can get there by a donkey carriage.

Most of the haciendas are remote and surrounded by nature, so don't go there if you are very scared from little animals like spiders etc.

What you can expect
: unique rooms, high quality beds, friendly staff, pretty good food and a la carte breakfast, tranquility,

Don't go there: if you need stable and fast Internet, a gym, club lounges and standards like in a Sheraton.
Excellent summary, thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.