Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Dubai Creek [Master Thread]

Sheraton Dubai Creek [Master Thread]

Old Jan 20, 2005, 3:05 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
agreed, my office cabinet is now displaying a brass coffee pot, about a foot tall - it is a large local gift ! they had snapshots at the check-in to choose from, i am back there next week so shall try for the matching pair.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 11:43 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by gulf clubber
William,

thank you for your prompt response, can you confirm that the rate plan i.d. Daybreak was "clearly visible" on the web site at the time of my reservation, I don`t believe it was...regards

Gulf Clubber
No way for me to know without actually seeing the rate online for this hotel, which I have not had time to research as yet. You should, however, have been able to click on "Rate Details" and get the information that way, but I understand that you did not.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Jan 20, 2005, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold,Starwood Platinum
Thanks for your advice William,

It is much the same as Mr Kamel`s.

Perhaps it should be "Caveat Emptor" (Buyer Beware).

I think we should now consider this thread ended.

regards

Gulf Clubber
Old Feb 14, 2005, 10:16 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, BA blue
Sheraton Dubai Creek Questions (merged thread)

I staid from 6th to 7th in this a hotel. Booked club floor and got an upgrade to junior suite 2nd floor room 203. In the night i was astonished about the noises I heard and then I recognized that the service elevators are behind the bed-wall. Good upgrade for a plat.
At home I checked online my visa charges and I saw that the bill was charged 2 times. I made a reclamation to the Hotel at 11th ond 13th february in the morning but these customer friendly hotel took no notice up to yet to send me an answer.
In two Sheraton hotels in Dubai I made bad experience so next time I'll stay in the Hilton Hotel in Dubai.
I will really pleased to stay in April at Sheraton Sukhumvit. The best Sheraton I ever staid.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 11:52 am

Programs: Coutts Silk Card, Hilton G,SPG Plat,Priority C Plat, Amex BA +,Kempinski P C,BA G,Virgin G, P-Pass
I'm sorry to hear about your lousy stay, and the lack of a response to your query, but I must say that I have stayed for 10 nights at that hotel, I had a lovely roomy twin roomed suite, room 402 (don't know how that compares with yours as it is a triangular shaped hotel), perhpas I missed the noise by 1 room . I had full access to that fantastic towers lounge on the ground floor at the right as you go in, free booze and food all day They brought around so many different types of hot and cold food during the day and evening, it was difficult to find an appetite to eat in the Hotel Indian restaurant there which is the best in Dubai The pool was a bit crap being a triangle, couldn't even swim in circles , but the delivery of iced flannels straight to your forehead every now and again took some beating, my wife made use of the tennis pro (for lessons, I hope ) at the court around the corner from the pool on the same level, very nice with a view over the creek. I popped my head into the English / American bar off the lobby, it looked an odd place, so I stuck to my unlimited free booze, TV, food and music in the luxurious lounge

I just remember that Breitling watches in the big Breitling shop in the main shopping mall were 40% cheaper than the UK list price there
Old Feb 14, 2005, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I too was upgraded to an -03 room last month at the Dubai Creek (903 in my case) and also noticed the service elevator noise. I din't find it much of a bother.

More of a bother was the 8 PM fireworks show going off outside my winow as part of the Dubai Shopping Festival. The fireworks were great, but a little advanced wanring would have been nice. When you hear a loud explosion and you'r in the Middle East, your first thought is not exactly "oh boy, fireworks."
Old Jan 2, 2006, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Question Sheraton Dubai Creek Questions (merged thread)

Advice please!

We have a 5 night stay coming up in a couple of weeks time.

Me, the missus and the 1 yr old baby.

Have found prices of AED 915 for standard room, or AED 1125 for Towers room. Each subject to the usual 20% taxes.

So the questions are:

1. Are the rooms nicer?
2. Is the breakfast/evening cocktails worth the extra Ł160 it will cost me for the stay?
3. Are the evening cocktails accompanied by canapes? Is there the opportunity to get a few drinks inside you, or is it one drink and you are out?!

We would also love any other advice about Dubai, the hotel and what to do while we are there (and what to avoid)!

Thanks for your advice in advance.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 6:29 pm
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
I stayed there last september.

1. Are the rooms nicer?

I don't know the standard room, but tower room was just standard quality, nothing special.
The room was not small, maybe around 400sq.
However, they made the renovation a few years ago so standard room should not be bad.

2. Is the breakfast/evening cocktails worth the extra Ł160 it will cost me for the stay?

Breakfast is also nothing special, very standard buffet breakfast.

3. Are the evening cocktails accompanied by canapes? Is there the opportunity to get a few drinks inside you, or is it one drink and you are out?!

Lounge is located on ground floor/lobby level.
They have evening drinks with canapes(4 or 5 items).
You can order drinks as you like, and there is one PC for internet you can use.
The lounge is not that spacious.

It is hard to determine it is worth or not.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Tak
I stayed there last september.

I don't know the standard room, but tower room was just standard quality, nothing special.
The room was not small, maybe around 400sq.
However, they made the renovation a few years ago so standard room should not be bad.

Breakfast is also nothing special, very standard buffet breakfast.

Lounge is located on ground floor/lobby level.
They have evening drinks with canapes(4 or 5 items).
You can order drinks as you like, and there is one PC for internet you can use.
The lounge is not that spacious.

It is hard to determine it is worth or not.
Thanks Tak - I agree the decision is difficult - that was really why I posted, but your response begins to make me think - probably not worth the extra, although I hope to hear the opinions of others.

Thanks again.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 9:43 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Blue/IC Royal Ambassador/LeadinghotelsRegular
i would personally go for the jumeria beach sheraton over this as the reviews on tripadvisor arent very good..
Old Feb 28, 2007, 7:47 am

Sheraton Dubai Creek Questions (merged thread)

Dear Starwood Lurker if you are out there...

Can you tell me what is happening at the Sheraton Dubai Creek...

I have booked in via the starwood site May but the tripadvisor.com reports are just awful. Is there a plan of action for sorting the issues at this hotel out. I am really worried about going there now and am seriously thinking of changing to another hotel
Old Feb 28, 2007, 8:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Jerseylily

I have booked in via the starwood site May but the tripadvisor.com reports are just awful. Is there a plan of action for sorting the issues at this hotel out. I am really worried about going there now and am seriously thinking of changing to another hotel
I stayed their last year and have a very good stay. Nice rooms, friendly staff, good service etc.

It has been a few months since I was there, but I take Tripadvisor with a pinch of salt. Should a few FTers come through with negative reports though, then that is a different matter.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 10:35 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Originally Posted by RAPC
I stayed their last year and have a very good stay. Nice rooms, friendly staff, good service etc.

It has been a few months since I was there, but I take Tripadvisor with a pinch of salt. Should a few FTers come through with negative reports though, then that is a different matter.
that is what I do....if an FT'er says its bad, then it is bad...
Old Feb 28, 2007, 10:37 am

Programs: UA-Silver; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Gold
I was at the Sheraton Dubai Creek for 1 night in Jan. I wont go back. Hotel is ok but the decor is very tired. There are a lot of better properties in Dubai for the same rate.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 11:27 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Jerseylily

Sorry, but no, I can't.

I would do as everyone else suggests...take what you read at TripAdvisor with a grain of salt and compare what you read there elsewhere...like Flyertalk.

Then, if you go and have a bad stay, report it to Corporate Customer Service so the people who are really over the hotel are made aware of your concerns.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.