Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Miyako, Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2014, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS

Pool, Sauna, and Health Club Admittance Policy
  • The health club is closed on the first Thursday of every month.
  • Due to health club regulations and safety reasons, children under 12 years old are not allowed to enter the pool, even if accompanied by an adult.
  • An entrance fee applies for use of the pool, sauna, and health club.
  • Guests who have a tattoo may not be permitted to use the hotel’s pools or other facilities where the tattoo might be visible to other guests.
Club Lounge
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Miyako, Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2011, 7:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
While this property does have a lounge, it's basically the "Red Carpet Club" of hotel lounges.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
As it was Sunday, only non alcoholic drinks were available
Anyone know why no beer on Sunday?! I'll be there on a Sunday and this truly distresses me...
Old Aug 22, 2011, 5:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Thumbs down No SPG Free Nights available on SPG.com

After 30 December 11, SPG.com has no inventory loaded for using points to book "free nights" for any dates in 2012
Old Oct 15, 2011, 11:59 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Give them a chance to load them up. It will happen.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 12:00 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
No Miyako points.

This probably does not matter to many but upon check-out you will be asked to select between Miyako points or SPG points/credit. Both will nolonger be earned.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
This probably does not matter to many but upon check-out you will be asked to select between Miyako points or SPG points/credit. Both will nolonger be earned.
Wasn't asked about points other than if I wanted SPG points as my amenity this afternoon when I checked in. As for no beer today, Sunday, now it's because the lounge closes at 5p on Sundays. Doesn't seem like much of a loss, must agree with the RCC analogy. Disappointing compared spreads found at other Asian properties. (Bought a couple of cans at the Kintetsu department store.) Was given a breakfast voucher for tomorrow morning. Booked one of those Y8500 rooms but was upgraded to a renovated Club room on the 18th floor. Very nice, view to the south though. Air conditioning worked fine to cool the room down as the sun had been streaming through all day before I arrived. There are also two small "slats" below the windows that open for fresh air entry.

Can't understand negative comments about this property. Check-in reception was a very friendly young woman who explained my benefits and what all the slips of paper she gave me were for. Room is very large by Japanese standards (about twice the size as the one I had on the Club level at the CP on my last trip) and seems to have everything one could wish for...other than a comp bottle of water. Guess regular rooms that have not been upgraded are different.

Easy to find from the Kintetsu RR station (exits 12 or 13 as posted). Took the K-line in from Kyoto with one transfer. Used shuttle from the Westin Kyoto so a breeze getting to the station. Time to check out what's new in electronics at Bic. Tomorrow Osaka Castle and a history lesson before moving over to the Westin for my final night here.

Last edited by Shareholder; Oct 16, 2011 at 3:30 pm
Old Oct 29, 2011, 2:07 pm

I'm going to be staying here on Sat. Jan. 7th. Our flight gets into KIX at 9:15, expect to be at the hotel by 11 AM. We want to go to Universal Studios Japan for the day, it shouldn't be a problem to leave our bags with them as I assume a room wouldn't be ready for that early of a check in. I have no status, but am staying as an award night.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 4:08 pm

You should be 100% correct. Your bags should be very safe with them. Of course take any important items.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 5:17 pm

You should be 100% correct. Your bags should be very safe with them. Of course take any important items.
That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure! Thanks for the quick reply.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 1:51 pm

We are here for one night before moving to Westin Kyoto. As a P received a upgrade to a "junior suite". I would say the room is pretty junior aka small. Did not even need to ask at Front Desk. The Lounge continues to have very limited hours but Ps are treated very well with the full buffet breakfast which my wife does like. Last night at the Kintetsu Department store next door on level B2 we found red bean pastry (gozasorou) being freshly made for 80 yen each. They do have white bean also. It was nice and hot. One of the best we've had. If you go within the last hour many of the food items are discounted. Not all shops such as red bean. From KIX we took the bus in. Travel time less than one hour. Stand 7 at KIX. Buy your tickets from the small window outside which is part of the KIX terminal building. Using points here is a bargain given the dollar yen relationship esp when you have more than one person in the room. Off to Kyoto!
Old Nov 20, 2011, 3:49 pm

Last night at the Kintetsu Department store next door on level B2 we found red bean pastry (gozasorou) being freshly made for 80 yen each. They do have white bean also. It was nice and hot. One of the best we've had. If you go within the last hour many of the food items are discounted. Not all shops such as red bean. Off to Kyoto!
You are making me hungry. Japanese bean pastries are my favorite. I'll have to try them the next time I am there...Happy Thanksgivings!
Old Nov 21, 2011, 4:25 am

Thank you. Japan is in full Christmas mode. No Thanksgiving here. This morning from the Hotel we took the subway with a change in Namba to Umeda. At Umeda we took the JR line to Kyoto Station then the bus to the Westin. Had a great day in Kyoto. See that thread. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 12:17 pm

We are here for one night before moving to Westin Kyoto. As a P received a upgrade to a "junior suite". I would say the room is pretty junior aka small. Did not even need to ask at Front Desk. The Lounge continues to have very limited hours but Ps are treated very well with the full buffet breakfast which my wife does like. Last night at the Kintetsu Department store next door on level B2 we found red bean pastry (gozasorou) being freshly made for 80 yen each. They do have white bean also. It was nice and hot. One of the best we've had. If you go within the last hour many of the food items are discounted. Not all shops such as red bean. From KIX we took the bus in. Travel time less than one hour. Stand 7 at KIX. Buy your tickets from the small window outside which is part of the KIX terminal building. Using points here is a bargain given the dollar yen relationship esp when you have more than one person in the room. Off to Kyoto!
I'm staying here in January. I got the Kintetsu Wide Pass which includes the bus from KIX to Osaka-Uehommachi (basically right to the hotel). Was the whole process pretty easy?
Old Nov 21, 2011, 4:42 pm

Yes. No worries. From KIX at bus stand number 7. The bus will stop a little beyond the bell stand. If you need a porter at the hotel just summon one (go to the desk) while luggage is being unloaded from bus.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 4:46 pm

Yes. No worries. From KIX at bus stand number 7. The bus will stop a little beyond the bell stand. If you need a porter at the hotel just summon one (go to the desk) while luggage is being unloaded from bus.
We're actually traveling really light and are planning on going to Universal Studios Japan for the day (our flight gets in at 9:15 AM, expect to be at the hotel by 10:30 AM) so we're planning on leaving the luggage with them because I assume our rooms won't be ready that early.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.