Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Miyako, Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2014, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS

Pool, Sauna, and Health Club Admittance Policy
  • The health club is closed on the first Thursday of every month.
  • Due to health club regulations and safety reasons, children under 12 years old are not allowed to enter the pool, even if accompanied by an adult.
  • An entrance fee applies for use of the pool, sauna, and health club.
  • Guests who have a tattoo may not be permitted to use the hotel’s pools or other facilities where the tattoo might be visible to other guests.
Club Lounge
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Miyako, Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2008, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by motytrah
You'll also notice they do not wheel your luggage in. It's carried by hand from the hallway, the wheels should never touching the carpet. In really nice hotels they'll take their shoes off before entering as well.
Everyone who entered my room at this Sheraton slipped their shoes off before entering, I thought that was a given in Japan.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC GLD, MR PLT, SPG PLT, National Exec.
I stayed at this hotel a few months ago. On check-in I presented my credit card and was told they did not need it. Had booked my reservation on-line and figured they had my info. On departing the hotel the following day I had realized I was late and rushed down to catch my awaiting cab back to the airport. A few days later I had an email from the hotel politely accusing me of stiffing them on the bill.

All in all the situation was worked out but I felt a bit offended by the email and their failing to take my credit card on check-in.

On a good note nice property and will return.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 9:25 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by aa767flyer
I stayed at this hotel a few months ago. On check-in I presented my credit card and was told they did not need it. Had booked my reservation on-line and figured they had my info. On departing the hotel the following day I had realized I was late and rushed down to catch my awaiting cab back to the airport. A few days later I had an email from the hotel politely accusing me of stiffing them on the bill.

All in all the situation was worked out but I felt a bit offended by the email and their failing to take my credit card on check-in.

On a good note nice property and will return.
Hi aa767flyer,

My apologies for the inconvenience caused. Would you like to contact Customer Care and express your concerns?

I think you should.

Thank you for your kind patience and understanding.

[email protected]
Old Nov 2, 2008, 4:25 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Originally Posted by anchor79
[...] As a plat, my last stay they also offered Spa/Gym coupon [...]
Should I infer that access to Gym / pool is not free for regular members, or are these discounts for additional services ?

Thanks,
Yann
Old Nov 3, 2008, 10:10 am

Programs: SPG Platinum 100; Hilton Gold; Ritz Gold; UA 1K
Email address

Hi,

Does anyone has the email address of the hotel?

Thanks.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 4:26 pm

Email with no response

Dear Lurkers,

I have sent 3 emails within past two weeks to the hotel and received no response. The email address I used was "[email protected]". Do you have a different address I can try?

The reason I'm trying to reach them is to confirm a one-week stay starting Nov.16. I made the reservation on the phone directly with the hotel, more than 6 months ago. I was given a hotel-specific conf number. The reservation never showed up in my SPG account (I recalled William said this is ok, though).

I just want to make sure we will have a room, given that now the hotel seems to be sold out for the week we are there.

Thanks.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 7:25 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by jyu174
Dear Lurkers,

I have sent 3 emails within past two weeks to the hotel and received no response. The email address I used was "[email protected]". Do you have a different address I can try?

The reason I'm trying to reach them is to confirm a one-week stay starting Nov.16. I made the reservation on the phone directly with the hotel, more than 6 months ago. I was given a hotel-specific conf number. The reservation never showed up in my SPG account (I recalled William said this is ok, though).

I just want to make sure we will have a room, given that now the hotel seems to be sold out for the week we are there.

Thanks.
Dear jyu174,

Do send me a PM with your reservation details. Alternatively, you may like to contact your nearest Contact Center or Platinum Concierge(if you are a Platinum member).

[email protected]
Old Dec 7, 2008, 5:51 am

Programs: UA
Anyone has been able to get a suite upgrade at this property? I have completed my third stay last week and still hasn't been lucky, despite the hotel being almost empty.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Fiumicino
Anyone has been able to get a suite upgrade at this property? I have completed my third stay last week and still hasn't been lucky, despite the hotel being almost empty.
I just completely a 1-week stay followed by a separate 1-night stay in Nov.

For the 1-week stay, they put me in premium room initially. When I asked for suite, they try to sell me the royal suite for extra points. When I declined and asked for comp upgrade, they said junior suites are sold out. So I asked them to check for later dates, and junior suites were available starting from the 3rd nights. So I stayed 2 nights in premium room, and 5 nights in junior suite. The jr suite is quite a bit larger than the premium room.

For the 1-night stay later on, they claimed all jr suites were sold out, so I ended up in the premium room.

Other than that, the lounge is pretty much useless, but the breakfast is very good - Japanese style mostly, with a few continental items. The breakfast is better than what I had in Conrad Tokyo, which is a much higher end property.
Old May 13, 2009, 8:05 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Question Next Week

I'll be staying here next week for 1 night. 2 questions:

Flying into ITM: can i take a reasonable taxi to this hotel?
How close is this to a train station for a Kyoto train?

Thanks.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Great thread...in the club lounge is it still drinks only? and alcoholic drinks only between 5.30-6.30 or have they extended the hours at all?

Any Plat gifts in the room? Can anyone comment on the spa and the free passes provided to Plats? Ill be using my free weekend night here because the Westin didnt have a standard room available. My res says "non-renovated" room, but am hoping for an upgrade once I arrive. One other note, I will be going from this hotel to the Conrad Tokyo via Shinkasen...will this be an arduous process or can I walk it on both ends?
Old Sep 14, 2009, 7:38 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Last time I was there, the club lounge was still drinks only with some packaged snacks. Yes, alcoholic drinks between happy hour only.

I don't remember a Plat gift and didn't go to the spa.

Not sure about where the Conrad Tokyo is but I didnt see it anywhere near the Sheraton. My guess is hoofing it will be pretty difficult.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Great thread...in the club lounge is it still drinks only? and alcoholic drinks only between 5.30-6.30 or have they extended the hours at all?

Any Plat gifts in the room? Can anyone comment on the spa and the free passes provided to Plats? Ill be using my free weekend night here because the Westin didnt have a standard room available. My res says "non-renovated" room, but am hoping for an upgrade once I arrive. One other note, I will be going from this hotel to the Conrad Tokyo via Shinkasen...will this be an arduous process or can I walk it on both ends?
No Plat gifts other than Plat welcome amenity is given. You have free access to the spa/fitness club along with breakfast buffet as plat.

There seems to be some availability on weekend at Westin Kyoto and you can get shuttle service to/from Kyoto station where Shinkansen stops.

Re: Conrad - They say you can walk from Shinbashi stn via Yamate-sen from Tokyo stn, but I just take a cab from Tokyo stn.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, NW, US
No suite upgrade, as a platinum but

breakfast coupon for Exec lounge and free pass for fitness club. I just came from a night at the Westin Osaka (corner suite upgrade, nice gift choices, and breakfast coupon for Exec. Lounge) so I'm pouting a little bit sitting in my smallish room. Hard-wired internet access is available but for 1000 Yen a day (about $11 US).

Actually this may be an "upgraded" room, but if it is I imagine the standard rooms must be pretty cramped.

I've gotten a better reception and more perks in my past life as a Gold at other Japanese Starwoods.

This is my fifth SPG stay since reaching Platinum at the end of 09. So far this rookie Platinum (earned with 33 Stays last year) member has to say the Platinum thing is a mixed bag. I'm only one for five on junior Suite or similar, significant upgrades, although I do appreciate the free breakfast coupons. Those mainly benefit my clients who don't have to reimburse the $30 or $40 a breakfast would cost at one of these places. I am glad to be able to keep their expenses down, but it would be nice to have a suite thrown my may as a reward for my loyalty to Starwood.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 2:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Not awesome hotel - undergoing rennovation. My first room was so small I could not open suitcase. Now in renovated room, nothing special.

Wired internet - seems free now.

Dated and old feel to the rooms even if they are supposed to be new.

Given a choice, I would try somewhere else rather than come here again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.