Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Chicago Lakeshore 2007, Chicago, IL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Chicago Lakeshore 2007, Chicago, IL [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: *wood Gold
Originally Posted by superflush
I just got an email stating that the hotel is "fresh from a $38 million renovation."
I wonder when it will actually be fresh and ready.
Seriously? Not even close. It looks like a haunted house over there.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 9:49 pm

Programs: United Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Stayed here last night and all it is mehh...I was disappointed in the hotel. Checked in and was in a Wonderful Room on the 25th floor. Walked in and the shower was wet. I called the front desk and they asked me if it could be because it had just been cleaned. I didn't persist nor did I want to change rooms I just wanted to let the front desk know. Very well, may have just been cleaned and wet from that, I'm not sure, but not really the reaction I had expected from staff. A room near us must have been having a party because I could hear every thing going on in their room except when the AC unit was on in which case I could only hear the unit. The lobby bar looked cool, but I didn't get the chance to check it out. I also never made it to "Wet" on the 7th Floor. This is the 4th W I've stayed in and I probably wouldn't go back to this one.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Isn't the property still under renovations?
Old Jun 9, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: United Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
The lobby was complete and the bar was nice. There was letter in our room explaining that they were in the final stages of renovations. Honestly, I didn't notice any construction so it wasn't still under renovations around us.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:52 am

Hi Guys

my trip to Chicago is coming... I'm checking 1 time a week the latest reviews... it seems that the Hotel is pretty fine but it lacks completely with customer service and room service too...
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
any reviews from people who have stayed here over the last few months????are the renovations all done????

i managed to get a fantastic $88 + tax rate per night through brg & am thinking of staying here for 2 nights next month....
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:43 am

Hello
stayed here in august for 1 week.
The place is beautiful end people very kind.
Renovation is all done.

Only the pool was old and not so pretty.
Never tryed the service room but the reastaurant 2 times and the food was so good.
I'm italian so for me the food is very important
The rate you find is very interesting so BOOK ^
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by chiaraweb
Hello
stayed here in august for 1 week.
The place is beautiful end people very kind.
Renovation is all done.

Only the pool was old and not so pretty.
Never tryed the service room but the reastaurant 2 times and the food was so good.
I'm italian so for me the food is very important
The rate you find is very interesting so BOOK ^
thanks for the update....
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I think Uber is the best thing to happen to this property...I've waited in some epic ~8am taxi lines there, was always my biggest issue with the property!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat
Stayed here in Oct 2014 for a conference in Chicago. Renovations are nice, walls are a bit thin, downstairs bar is hopping like a typical W, didn't find taxis to be a problem. Recommend the AAA Breakfast Rate -- they give you a voucher (can't remember the value, $25/person/day maybe?) for the restaurant which can also be used at the bar in the evening.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Travel Zoo is offering a $99 rate at this property. TZ rates earn full points and benefits.

What's included & when

$99 per night ... Friday-Saturday in January and February
$109 per night ... Nov. 19-26; Dec. 13-30
$129 per night ... Sunday-Thursday in January and February
Surrounding dates are also discounted
Stay in a Wonderful King/Wonderful Double room
Upgrade to a Spectacular Room for $30, or a Fabulous Room (with complimentary parking) for $50
Old Jan 16, 2016, 11:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Any recent updates? Thanks!
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:11 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Staying here now. I thought that I'd give them another chance as I hadn't been since the renovation. The decision has apparently been made to make it more of a 3* type place, I won't be going back again.

The doormen were rude with my taxi driver when I arrived, and I had to persuade the valet woman to give me change for a $20 - In the end she only had $18 change in total, so I had to take that to pay for the cab.

The hotel seemed low occupancy and had the full set of rooms available online but as a Platinum I was only upgraded one room class to what looked a pretty standard room - maybe a higher floor?

The room itself has clearly been pared down from pre-refit: There is no minibar, there is no closet (just a rail with a curtain) and it's not being properly cleaned - my TV had a big black mark over it and the shower was dirty.

Pretty poor effort. After recent experiences in New Orleans I worry the financial crisis has seen Starwood decide to take the W brand in the US outside of New York lower-end as most of its target market can't afford $250 a night at the moment.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 11:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Staying here now. I thought that I'd give them another chance as I hadn't been since the renovation. The decision has apparently been made to make it more of a 3* type place, I won't be going back again.

The doormen were rude with my taxi driver when I arrived, and I had to persuade the valet woman to give me change for a $20 - In the end she only had $18 change in total, so I had to take that to pay for the cab.

The hotel seemed low occupancy and had the full set of rooms available online but as a Platinum I was only upgraded one room class to what looked a pretty standard room - maybe a higher floor?

The room itself has clearly been pared down from pre-refit: There is no minibar, there is no closet (just a rail with a curtain) and it's not being properly cleaned - my TV had a big black mark over it and the shower was dirty.

Pretty poor effort. After recent experiences in New Orleans I worry the financial crisis has seen Starwood decide to take the W brand in the US outside of New York lower-end as most of its target market can't afford $250 a night at the moment.

Pictures?

Not good to hear, as I like this property because it's quiet.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:48 pm

I made two FULLY REFUNDABLE reservations at this hotel for February 2017. I canceled back in early December. Was never refunded my deposit (which was for the entire price of the stay plus taxes).

I contacted the hotel and they said they would process the refund. That was on 12/8/16.

They never did so I disputed the charge with Amex (I used my SPG Amex for the reservation).

Amex denied my dispute saying they had received proof from the hotel that the room was non-refundable!! They showed me communication from the hotel; a very sketchy looking form that had "non-refundable" circled!

My email clearly shows "FULLY REFUNDABLE". The Director of Operations confirmed (I have it in an email) it was refundable and that she was going to process the refund.

Is someone making fake bills to steal from this property? What is going on W?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.