Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Jay, Autograph Collection, San Francisco [Master Thread]

The Jay, Autograph Collection, San Francisco [Master Thread]

Old Jun 2, 2008, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Reason077
Is the Le Meridien SF now offering complementary Wi-Fi? I have a booking during June (FWIW, rate is $289.50 using SPG50 during a busy week) and the room description is:

1 King
Superior Non-smoking, 32 Inch Flat Screen Lcd Tv, Wi-fi Internet, 24hr Access To Health Club, Comp Towncar Service, A Refined 413 Sq Ft Of Sensible Style Offering Granite And Marble Bathrooms, Inspired Design, And Integrated Technology

If so, ^^^!

I believe its Wi-Fi (for a fee). Does anyone have the e mail address for the concierge team William? or even the general email address for the concierge will be appreciated.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anchor79
I believe its Wi-Fi (for a fee). Does anyone have the e mail address for the concierge team William? or even the general email address for the concierge will be appreciated.
The address, as well as more details on what the property charges for, are at www.starwoodhotels.com
Old Jun 3, 2008, 10:17 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by anchor79
...Does anyone have the e mail address for the concierge team William? or even the general email address for the concierge will be appreciated.
Yes, the Concierge email address for this hotel is conciergelemeridiensf.com.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jul 31, 2008, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, UAL Premier, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Just got back from a one night stay

The plusses
- got a corner suite (Room 1819) with a phenomenal view, and a great layout (broken into 3 areas of living room, bathroom and bedroom)
- extremely comfortable bed
- the furniture was stylish and well thought out
- the Internet, while not free, was the fastest that I've had at a hotel in a long time
- good and friendly service
- good bath products

The minuses
- no newspaper and no coffee maker (is it asking too much?)
- the shower was a tub with a shower curtain - not my favorite
- the sea bass that I had in the lounge was absolutely swimming in butter. So much for the health benefits of eating fish!

I would probably stay here again over my usual haunts of the St. Francis, the W, and the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf (which was only $10 less for the night I booked)
Old Aug 1, 2008, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
When I stayed last year, my room still had the Hyatt Grand beds.

They are extremely comfortable. Listening Starwood?
Old Nov 13, 2008, 1:04 am

Programs: AA (850k miles), SPG Platinum
great! if anyone has questions about this hotel, i think i know this hotel as well as my own house. i've been staying here at least twice a month for the past 8 months and will continue to stay here for another 1.5 years. it's really my second home...
Old Nov 17, 2008, 9:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Snagged a room for $119 for a one night stay this weekend. My second stay at this property and I really like it. Stylish decor, comfortable rooms, and very friendly staff.

We don't usually travel with our dog, but felt adventurous this weekend so we took her to the city. The LM is insanely pet friendly as there was no fee, no deposit, and not even a waiver to sign. They simply gave us a special door hanger to leave on the knob in the event that we left the dog in the room unattended (which we would never dream of). They even told us that if we wanted to leave the dog in the room, just leave a cell number with the front desk in case the dog acts up and they would just bring her down and keep her behind the front desk. Like I said, a bit insane with the pet friendliness.

No gold recognition, but I wasn't expecting any because of the dog. I don't know if we were put in a "dog" room or not. We were on the 16th floor overlooking the Federal Reserve with a slight view of the bay bridge through a couple of buildings.

Parking is over $50/night for valet only. We parked at Embarcadero 1 for $30. It's right across the street. Entrance is on Battery.

There were a stack of Sunday Chronicles by the elevator on our floor.

Lack of coffee maker was a bit of a bummer. There is a Starbucks across the street, though.

While the immediate area is a bit business oriented, its proximity to the waterfront, Chinatown, and North Beach make for a good time as it's a nice alternative to Union Square. We'll be over there at the Palace in a few weeks (sans Rover) so I'll report on that then.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 11:16 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Rewards
Best Rooms

Originally Posted by Rock72
great! if anyone has questions about this hotel, i think i know this hotel as well as my own house. i've been staying here at least twice a month for the past 8 months and will continue to stay here for another 1.5 years. it's really my second home...
Hi rock72 - I'm staying at the Le Meridien next week for a couple nights and was wondering what you thought the best rooms were? Do you have any idea if they are good about upgrades? I am a SPG Gold if that helps.

Also, I heard they have a hotel car. Any experience using it? Thanks.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 12:26 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
I did see them roll out a Mercedes S-class with a LM logo on the side while there last weekend, so I assume that was the hotel car you're referring to. We didn't use it or inquire about it so I don't have any details.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 12:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Are there any other nearby parking options for this hotel? The 20/day rate across from the Westin Market St is a steal, but I was hoping for a similar sub-25/n rate within an easy walk of the LM for a Friday night stay.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Are there any other nearby parking options for this hotel? The 20/day rate across from the Westin Market St is a steal, but I was hoping for a similar sub-25/n rate within an easy walk of the LM for a Friday night stay.
Post #52 in this thread gave a good parking tip
Old Nov 21, 2008, 1:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Post #52 in this thread gave a good parking tip
Embacadero is still a little pricey. I was hoping for something closer to 20.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Here's the link to the last page of the SF Parking Discussion on Biddingfortravel.com (the page took a good 45 seconds to load)

There's a mention in a post from March of a lot on Beale & Howard for $5/night, $17/day. YMMV - A bit of a hike, though. Think I'd stick with Sam's suggestion, if locals can't help.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 8:57 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
For those staying on weekends, street parking is free. I forget what time you need to move your car by, but the signs say.

Also ...hotel is offering $125 again for weekend stays through March 1. Book by Nov. 24. Details and terms are on the hotel's featured offers page.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
There is a municiple lot.Portsmouth square-not to far away.
Last time I checked it was $26.
http://www.sfpsg.com/dailyrates.php
Saturday(after 6?)and all day sunday should be free on the street-if you can find it.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Nov 21, 2008 at 10:52 pm Reason: Fixed ubb coding to make it easier to read

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.