Chicago - W City Center or W Lakeshore

Old Jul 12, 2013, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, AC, DL Plat, Amtrk SE, AmEx Plat, Bonvoy Plat (via SPG), HH Gold, Accor Plat, WOH Dis
Not Lakeshore. Probably one of the worst W's in the chain.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 7:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by BosTravel
Not Lakeshore. Probably one of the worst W's in the chain.
Agreed!
Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:52 am

Programs: UA 1K
Stay at W Chicago Lakeshore. Avoid W Chicago City Center

Hate to revive a thread that was so negative toward the Lakeshore property, but I don't want people to read old reviews as gospel. I just spent 2 nights at both properties back-to-back. The W Lakeshore is AWESOME. THE W City Center is a glorified Sheraton w/o a good location.

I don't get the reviews. The W Lakeshore property is modern, clean, great views (city or lake), great service, and has a Bliss Spa. The W City Center has none of these attributes.

I seriously do not understand the ratings difference on the SPG site (3.7 Lakeshore v 3.6 City Center). The Lakeshore property is a 4.5* property. Worst case scenario, it's a 4*. The W Chicago City Center has some real issues. I'm going to post some pics in each hotels' page.

Chicago visitors: STAY AT THE W LAKESHORE M
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fsufan6000
Hate to revive a thread that was so negative toward the Lakeshore property, but I don't want people to read old reviews as gospel. I just spent 2 nights at both properties back-to-back. The W Lakeshore is AWESOME. THE W City Center is a glorified Sheraton w/o a good location.

I don't get the reviews. The W Lakeshore property is modern, clean, great views (city or lake), great service, and has a Bliss Spa. The W City Center has none of these attributes.

I seriously do not understand the ratings difference on the SPG site (3.7 Lakeshore v 3.6 City Center). The Lakeshore property is a 4.5* property. Worst case scenario, it's a 4*. The W Chicago City Center has some real issues. I'm going to post some pics in each hotels' page.

Chicago visitors: STAY AT THE W LAKESHORE M
Perhaps it's because the Lakeshore property recently completed a renovation.

I would advise reading both of these properties master threads for more information.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Any recent update

Wanting to stay at one of these this December. Would welcome your thoughts. We will probably want to visit Marshall Fields and would love to use a SNA if possible.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 5:09 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I'd avoid W's in Chicago. I was at the Lakeshore since the renovation and they don't even have a closet in the room now (just a rail in the open). The Westin Michelin Avenue is much better.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 10:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'd pick the W City Center over the Westin North Michigan. Plus, IIRC Marshall Field is located in the loop, not near North Michigan (which has upscale stores in general).
Old Nov 14, 2016, 6:49 am
Suspended

Exclamation

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'd pick the W City Center over the Westin North Michigan. Plus, IIRC Marshall Field is located in the loop, not near North Michigan (which has upscale stores in general).
I wouldn't due to the WCC's location. If you want to be near it all and have good transportation, don't rule out the other starwood properties.

Note - The Marshall Field's brand no longer exists. The Marshall Fields building is located on State Street, but it has been rebranded Macy's.

If you stay at one of the properties near N. Michigan avenue, you can visit the Macy's at the WaterTower.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.