Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of June 2023, evening service is in the 2nd floor Lobby Lounge, and breakfast is served in The Cafe - main hotel restaurant - for all Plat+ Elite guests.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by djohannw
I got the "Hong Kong Tourist SIM Card By Hong Kong Tourism Board & PCCW" for HK$69 - good for five days, includes 1.5GB High-Speed Internet and also HK$25 balance for International calls which are billed at $0.45 per minute. Worked great, and you can get one in the 7/11 store right behind the baggage claim area at HKIA. Did my first call with it while on the Airport Express train after following the easy instruction to activate the card.

Greetings - Dirk
This is better value than what I got at the hotel.

I read about this online, but I never bothered to do any further inquiries. If the person asking can get this, I obviously recommend this to what the hotel has to offer. Although for what I paid at the hotel, all is well
Old Jul 1, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
I did not stay as this hotel, but I had afternoon tea buffet here last year.
It has wonderful selection of hot food, similar to a lunch buffet.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 6:46 pm

Programs: AC *50K MM; WS Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
To SNA or not to SNA ...

So folks, from reading through this thread, it seems like the Towers rooms are the way to go. However, I am staying on points and therefore am only able to stay (for five nights) in a Deluxe king, garden or city view in the regular building. I am thinking about using my SNAs to request an upgrade to a suite, bu it is not completely clear to me as to whether this is a good idea. I was going to ask for an upgrade to a water view; will upgrading to a suite mean that I can't get a water view? Clarification and/or advice appreciated!
Old Jul 12, 2015, 7:18 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by catgirl
So folks, from reading through this thread, it seems like the Towers rooms are the way to go. However, I am staying on points and therefore am only able to stay (for five nights) in a Deluxe king, garden or city view in the regular building. I am thinking about using my SNAs to request an upgrade to a suite, bu it is not completely clear to me as to whether this is a good idea. I was going to ask for an upgrade to a water view; will upgrading to a suite mean that I can't get a water view? Clarification and/or advice appreciated!
Stayed here quite often in the past to the extent that my suite is almost likely going to be #664 (eg hotel peninsula view unless I'm willing to tolerate a stiff neck to see the harbour), IME's as a plat always been upgraded to a suite without SNA but only once upgraded to harbour view suite. What does SNA description say? City view suite? If yes, and you prefer harbour view deluxe, might as well not waste your SNA on it.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 7:54 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
If you have more points then you can book an award room into the Towers. Call the platinum concierge and they can book an award into the Towers and I think it is like an extra 2500 per night. As for using SNAs, platinums usually get either a harbour view or a city view suite. I wouldn't waste SNAs unless you emailed them up front to see what they would do for you.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 11:31 pm

We stayed there for four nights in April on points. I contacted the hotel directly and they were offering upgrades to the Towers for additional points, cash or cash + points. I don't know if availability varies depending on the occupancy level; we were there over a holiday weekend. Between the top floor with direct harbor view, breakfast and happy hour it was totally worth the extra cost.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 11:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Oh top tip for this hotel.

They have 2 dehumidifiers that you can call down for. I used both in my suite (sue me). OMG that made all the difference.

Here in Canada it's dry humidity. I couldn't stand the humidity in that hotel. So just a top tip for other FTers!
Old Jul 13, 2015, 9:27 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I think you will find if you book it as a 4 night get the 5 night free through the Platinum concierge they will charge you additional points for a Towers room and you will get the 5th night upgrade for free. If you book a regular room on SPG and then go to the hotel for a points upgrade they will charge you additional points for all 5 nights.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Oh top tip for this hotel.

They have 2 dehumidifiers that you can call down for. I used both in my suite (sue me). OMG that made all the difference.

Here in Canada it's dry humidity. I couldn't stand the humidity in that hotel. So just a top tip for other FTers!
"Dry humidity"???

Perhaps "dry heat" ? There is no such thing as "dry humidity".

Perhaps you'll be sued for using contradicting terms, as well as hogging unnecessary equipment.

A/C is effective in drying out air. Turn it up.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 9:51 pm

Was considering booking here or at the Excelsior (I get a corp rate there).

SPG Gold, have the Biz card which would get me access to the lounge. Booking a non-towers room. Excelsior rate would not include or breakfast.

Excelsior would actually book out at $125 cheaper over four nights. Staying with my wife.

Anyone stayed at both and have an opinion?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by abk
I think you will find if you book it as a 4 night get the 5 night free through the Platinum concierge they will charge you additional points for a Towers room and you will get the 5th night upgrade for free. If you book a regular room on SPG and then go to the hotel for a points upgrade they will charge you additional points for all 5 nights.
I can confirm the first part of this. Booked 8 nights in the tower via the Gold desk. Got charged for 7 plus one free. Just call SPG to book. It was very easy to do.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by clublounger
"Dry humidity"???

Perhaps "dry heat" ? There is no such thing as "dry humidity".

Perhaps you'll be sued for using contradicting terms, as well as hogging unnecessary equipment.

A/C is effective in drying out air. Turn it up.
Gosh I love FT some days.

It wasn't sufficient (AC wise) based on how I wanted the humidity.

AC wasn't sufficient at bringing the humidity down to a level I wanted. Please, continue to dissect my posts when i'm trying to provide value. Hell maybe I shouldn't have posted.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Jesperss
Was considering booking here or at the Excelsior (I get a corp rate there).

SPG Gold, have the Biz card which would get me access to the lounge. Booking a non-towers room. Excelsior rate would not include or breakfast.

Excelsior would actually book out at $125 cheaper over four nights. Staying with my wife.

Anyone stayed at both and have an opinion?
The locations are completely different so that's what I would base my choice on. Which side of the harbor do you want to be on?

Also I don't value club access that much in Hong Kong because there's so much cheap food right out the door that is far, far better than what you get in a club lounge. Unless you want to get drunk for free during happy hour, don't base your decision on club access.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
I've read the thread and I'm almost there in figuring out how it works. I want to stay on points in a Towers room for six nights in the second half of November. I'm SPG Gold. Is it correct that I can book a standard (deluxe) room now for 60k points and then contact the SPG Gold desk to upgrade to a Towers room? It should be about 2,500 points per night extra, but the upgrade won't be confirmed until something like five days before the arrival date? Do all the rooms in the Towers receive access to the Towers lounge and free breakfast?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:59 pm
abk

Originally Posted by grrizzli
I've read the thread and I'm almost there in figuring out how it works. I want to stay on points in a Towers room for six nights in the second half of November. I'm SPG Gold. Is it correct that I can book a standard (deluxe) room now for 60k points and then contact the SPG Gold desk to upgrade to a Towers room? It should be about 2,500 points per night extra, but the upgrade won't be confirmed until something like five days before the arrival date? Do all the rooms in the Towers receive access to the Towers lounge and free breakfast?
What I would so is call the gold desk first and ask if you can book an upgraded towers room. They should be available and cost you around 2500 points per night extra. Say 14,500. This way you are confirmed up front and when you get the 5th night free you will also get the upgrade for free. If you do it the other way you will have to pay additional points. Yes as to the lounge and breakfast. Nas for breakfast you can eat in the sky lounge, downstairs or even have room service all included in the towers package.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.