Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of June 2023, evening service is in the 2nd floor Lobby Lounge, and breakfast is served in The Cafe - main hotel restaurant - for all Plat+ Elite guests.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Old May 1, 2008, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I've stayed here 3 previous times (2 Towers 1 Regular), and just booked a one night stay for 5/24 at HKG 1400 corporate rate for a non towers room. I'm wondering about the 1500 'instant upgrade' and if it's worth it for the breakfast alone. My flight (basically a M/R) from the US arrives at 7:15pm-- so I doubt I'll be able to use the Towers Lounge before it closes at 8pm (last year I felt like an alcoholic beggar when I asked the Towers people for a glass of wine at 9pm-- they made a big deal of 'looking around for it, and then told me it would have to be delivered it to my room-- and arrived 30 minutes later I will be leaving for my return flight the next day around 8am, and no need for laundry, internet or conference room. It would be nice to have a restful in room breakfast, so any idea what that generally costs?? Or would the 1500 points be a good use ?
Old May 1, 2008, 8:25 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by mauld
I've stayed here 3 previous times (2 Towers 1 Regular), and just booked a one night stay for 5/24 at HKG 1400 corporate rate for a non towers room. I'm wondering about the 1500 'instant upgrade' and if it's worth it for the breakfast alone. My flight (basically a M/R) from the US arrives at 7:15pm-- so I doubt I'll be able to use the Towers Lounge before it closes at 8pm (last year I felt like an alcoholic beggar when I asked the Towers people for a glass of wine at 9pm-- they made a big deal of 'looking around for it, and then told me it would have to be delivered it to my room-- and arrived 30 minutes later I will be leaving for my return flight the next day around 8am, and no need for laundry, internet or conference room. It would be nice to have a restful in room breakfast, so any idea what that generally costs?? Or would the 1500 points be a good use ?
as a platinum you will get a continental breakfast in the coffee shop. i have never had a room service breakfast but the buffet is around $20 so the room service has to be more. as for the drink, walk up to the holiday inn golden mile and have a drink at hari's. a little noisy but a great time.
Old May 5, 2008, 1:40 pm

I will be coming in from the Airport and generally take the train, but my experiences with the HK trains have been pretty awful. (Perhaps it is my general jetlagged state, but getting off the train in Kowloon, I have yet to easily find the taxi stand and end up wandering around those tall apartment buildings in the dark searching for someone who speaks english). This time, I am considering taking the Bus (#21??), how easy is it to find at the airport and do they announce stops or do I have to keep looking out for the Sheraton and ring a bell to get off ?? (I DO NOT DO TAXI's FROM ANY AIRPORT )
Old May 5, 2008, 2:52 pm

Programs: AC*E50K, CX Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mauld
I will be coming in from the Airport and generally take the train, but my experiences with the HK trains have been pretty awful. (Perhaps it is my general jetlagged state, but getting off the train in Kowloon, I have yet to easily find the taxi stand and end up wandering around those tall apartment buildings in the dark searching for someone who speaks english). This time, I am considering taking the Bus (#21??), how easy is it to find at the airport and do they announce stops or do I have to keep looking out for the Sheraton and ring a bell to get off ?? (I DO NOT DO TAXI's FROM ANY AIRPORT )
I can't disagree with you more. HK's MTR is probably one of the very best system in the world with very clear signage. No offense but it should take more than 5 seconds to figure out where the taxi stand is. After all, it's an Airport Express station and many tourists use it everyday.

An alternative would be to take the train to Hong Kong station and then from there take the MTR Tsuen Wan Line (red line) to Tsim Sha Tsui.
Old May 6, 2008, 8:14 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
this is a total no brainer. take the airport express and get off at kowloon station. exit and walk right to the taxi line. on the same level and really close.
Old May 6, 2008, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by abk
as a platinum you will get a continental breakfast in the coffee shop. i have never had a room service breakfast but the buffet is around $20 so the room service has to be more. as for the drink, walk up to the holiday inn golden mile and have a drink at hari's. a little noisy but a great time.

As a Plat, you can upgrade to a full breakfast for a few more dollars (~$5 USD as I recall).

I've read recent postings (above) and have always enjoyed my stay in the Non Towers section. The hotel knows which rooms I prefer and gives them to me and the cafe hostess/manager knows to automatically give me a wndow seat as they recognize me, even though my stays there are about a year apart!

Indeed, I sometimes visit HKG just to enjoy the views from the hotel.

Of course I miss the earlier days when Plat could use the top floor lounge and have breakfast there, before the windowless 9F lounge was created.
Old May 10, 2008, 2:16 am

Ccost benefit analysis of rooms

Hi guys just checked inn to sheraton today, impressed with deecor and glass sink etc in room, unfortunately am in the main hotel at the moment, enquired about toweer room and the only ones available aree city viwes, 800hkg moree for 2 of us or 2750 pooints, would have considered using points if harbour vieww wass availabe but none aer at the moment, any advice on should i go for the city view toweer room or its not wortth it unless i get the harbour vieww room, also saw the 1500 points upgrrade for the deluxe harbour view room in the main hotel is this wortth the pooints or would i need to use the eye of faith to see the harbour, comments..will be here for 4 days with my fiance. Twhich roomhanks
Old May 10, 2008, 2:17 am

Cost benefit analysis of rooms

Hi guys just checked inn to sheraton today, impressed with deecor and glass sink etc in room, unfortunately am in the main hotel at the moment, enquired about toweer room and the only ones available aree city viwes, 800hkg moree for 2 of us or 2750 pooints, would have considered using points if harbour vieww wass availabe but none aer at the moment, any advice on should i go for the city view toweer room or its not wortth it unless i get the harbour vieww room, also saw the 1500 points upgrrade for the deluxe harbour view room in the main hotel is this wortth the pooints or would i need to use the eye of faith to see the harbour, comments..will be here for 4 days with my fiance.
Thanks
Old May 10, 2008, 7:26 am
abk

Originally Posted by mistado
Hi guys just checked inn to sheraton today, impressed with deecor and glass sink etc in room, unfortunately am in the main hotel at the moment, enquired about toweer room and the only ones available aree city viwes, 800hkg moree for 2 of us or 2750 pooints, would have considered using points if harbour vieww wass availabe but none aer at the moment, any advice on should i go for the city view toweer room or its not wortth it unless i get the harbour vieww room, also saw the 1500 points upgrrade for the deluxe harbour view room in the main hotel is this wortth the pooints or would i need to use the eye of faith to see the harbour, comments..will be here for 4 days with my fiance.
Thanks
don't know what your status is but if you are a platinum and will get breakfast and platinum lounge access so i would probably go with a regular harbor view room if you are a first time visitor or just love the view. the harbor view rooms are true harbor view rooms. if you are not a platinum i would consider the city view towers room as you will be able to enjoy the view at breakfast from the sky lounge and from the towers lounge at night. plus you will enjoy the happy hour in the towers lounge.
Old May 10, 2008, 7:56 am

I would agree with abk, and if you have the points to burn, use the 2750 for the upgrade to City View in the Tower. The breakfast up there is great, and evening cocktails with a view of the harbor is not to be missed. (Although the hotel does have a public cocktail lounge/restaurant on one of the top floors with spectacular views as well. I'm not surprised you didn't get a complimentary upgrade to the Towers, as it rarely every happens, even for Platinum at Starwood. -- PS was the 2750 for all 4 days, or was it per day ?
Old May 10, 2008, 7:59 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mistado
Thanks
I'm just guessing, but I have a feeling the OP is not a platinum since he would have likely been offered a harbour view room or a garden view suite in the main hotel at check-in. Doesn't sound like he has any view from this post. I have stayed at this hotel many times and the last couple have been in the Towers. I won't stay in the regular hotel again; I like the Towers that much. I think the Towers upgrade is among the best use of points in the system and I would opt to spend 2750 points for Towers garden view over 1500 points for regular hotel harbour view any day. As abk said, you still get the best harbour view in the hotel at breakfast and at cocktail hour in the lounge and the service and bennies are vastly superior.
Old May 11, 2008, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Tower Room Upgrade

Hi,

After reading through most of this thread, it appears that Platinum upgrades to the Towers level does not happen. Rather, it seems like when staying on points, the general consensus is to use additional points to upgrade to Towers either in advance or at the hotel on check in.

I have a 2 night stay planned and am trying to figure out the best strategy. During my planned dates, regular, basic rooms are going for 1500 HKD or 12,000 points. I am considering doing a combination 1 night paid, 1 night points stay and was wondering what would happen if I used additional points to confirm, in advance, a Towers room for the first night and paid for a basic room on the second night. Would they give me the upgrade then or would I have to switch rooms?
Old May 11, 2008, 8:51 pm
abk

Originally Posted by troyb
Hi,

After reading through most of this thread, it appears that Platinum upgrades to the Towers level does not happen. Rather, it seems like when staying on points, the general consensus is to use additional points to upgrade to Towers either in advance or at the hotel on check in.

I have a 2 night stay planned and am trying to figure out the best strategy. During my planned dates, regular, basic rooms are going for 1500 HKD or 12,000 points. I am considering doing a combination 1 night paid, 1 night points stay and was wondering what would happen if I used additional points to confirm, in advance, a Towers room for the first night and paid for a basic room on the second night. Would they give me the upgrade then or would I have to switch rooms?
not sure if i am understanding you correctly, are you are trying to use points for the first night and use additional points that night to confirm a specialty room- in this case the towers- and pay cash for the second night in the regular hotel and hope for an upgrade to the towers because you are already in the towers? if so, i would tell you not to expect anything outside the rules which is what you would be hoping for as that is not in the mentality at the hotel. if this is your strategy though you should do this and then you can upgrade the paid night to a towers room for 2500 points in advance or 1500 points if available at check in. this may be the way to go. by the way 1500hkd is not a bad rate these days at the hotel.
Old May 12, 2008, 3:37 am

Programs: Hilton, Starwood, Delta
Maximum occupancy

I tried to search for this but there are simply too many posts in this thread
I am going to be staying at this hotel on an awards stay (Platinum guest), I know the maximum occupancy should be 2 adults, but is it possible to have 3 adults? If this 3rd person doesn't require an extra bed, is there an additional fee?
Thanks in advance
Old May 12, 2008, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by troyb
I am considering doing a combination 1 night paid, 1 night points stay and was wondering what would happen if I used additional points to confirm, in advance, a Towers room for the first night and paid for a basic room on the second night. Would they give me the upgrade then or would I have to switch rooms?
This property considers itself 2 separate hotels - with the Towers as a totally different entity. So I would assume if you were planning on doing the 2 night thing, with the hopes that you would remain in a Towers room, I wouldn't hold out much hope. You would be checking into the Towers for 1 night, the second night you would have to check into the main Sheraton, so yes -- you most likely will have to switch rooms/hotels.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.