Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of June 2023, evening service is in the 2nd floor Lobby Lounge, and breakfast is served in The Cafe - main hotel restaurant - for all Plat+ Elite guests.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Old Mar 1, 2008, 2:00 pm

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Has anyone stayed here for New Year's Eve? Currently I have regular room booked, hoping I'll get upgraded to Habour View regular room. But my goal is to view the fireworks. And I am hoping to invite parents back to the room. Do they have any sort of policy of banning non-staying guests that night? If I booked Tower room, will my guests be able to come along to the lounge? What about rooftop pool area?
Old Mar 3, 2008, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA (1MM); SPG Plat
Just got back from a three night stay at Sheraton HK, Feb 29 through March 3. Checked in around 10:15PM due to United's delay. Was upgraded to DELUXE Harbor View on the 14th Fl (15th is the top of standard; 16 and 17 are the tower floors).

The room is nice, but tight, the bathroom is contemporary, glass and more glass; even the sink is glass. However, the hotel is currently undergoing exterior renovation (with rope(s) hanging outside the window).

I will return next weekend and this time, I did request a suite rather than the harbor view.

Oh, we were not offered the towers upgrade option as some posters had mentioned (at 1,500 SPG points). Had it been offerred, we would of taken it.

The standard lounge for Platinum guest on the 9th floor is a joke (9th floor is a smoking floor), so getting to the lounge (Room 915) will subject you to very unpleasant smell and odor.

The hor douves offered in the lounge were nasty (between 5PM to 8PM). It's one of the worst lounges in Asia. All I could say is WHY?

Last edited by sink; Mar 3, 2008 at 6:16 pm
Old Mar 3, 2008, 5:36 pm

Programs: *wood Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sink
Oh, we were not offered the towers upgrade option as some poster mention (at 1,500 SPG points). Had it been offerred, we would of taken it.

The hor douves offered in the lounge were nasty (between 5PM to 8PM). It's one of the worst lounges in Asia. All I could say is WHY?
I think it's best to ask for the 1,500 pt upgrade and if you have extra points to burn you can guarantee the upgrade with 2,500 pts when the reservation is made (I believe that's the current rate) A world of difference in the towers! Once you experience the towers lounge you'll know why they neglect 9th floor lounge!

Enjoy!

Last edited by Happy 51; Mar 3, 2008 at 5:37 pm Reason: content
Old Mar 3, 2008, 6:01 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
i am posting from the hotel now. in the old days platinums where allowed in the then two floor towers lounge and it was great. then they renovated and cut the towers lounge to one floor and created the windowless cave like lounge we have now. the platinum lounge became off limits as the hotel said the towers guests were complaining that there were too many of us. when the platinum lounge first opened there was only beer and wine available-- mixed drinks were out-- after a small rebellion they added hard liquor. they just updated the lounge with a new serving set up for the evening hor dourves. it actually looks more pitiful than before. it is amazing how cheap they can be with their so called best customers. interestingly i stay in the towers once in a while for variety and the only differences in december were that Heineken was a beer choice and they had a selection of dim sum in addition to the regular appetizers ( and a fabulous view).

my observation over the last 10 years or so is that the number of platinums staying in the hotel is declining even though the occupancy of the hotel is high.
the lounge used to be full and now it is usually just a handful of us. it will be interesting to see what happens when the new w opens up later in the year. i know that i will try it and see how they treat us.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by abk
i am posting from the hotel now. .................
my observation over the last 10 years or so is that the number of platinums staying in the hotel is declining even though the occupancy of the hotel is high.
the lounge used to be full and now it is usually just a handful of us................ .
I don't think it's a good basis to judge the # of Plats in house - by how full the Platinum lounge is. It's a good place to hold a quick chat with a colleague, perhaps, but it's no place to "lounge". You won't see me there in the evening - Hong Kong is full of far better places to be between 5 and 8 pm!

Aloha
Old Mar 4, 2008, 12:28 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Hi adamak,

I would recommend that you contact the hotel directly for specific questions like this. Though I have faith in our members' opinions over here, issues like this that might be of importance to you should be verified with the property.

Thank you and have a nice day!

[email protected]

Originally Posted by adamak
Has anyone stayed here for New Year's Eve? Currently I have regular room booked, hoping I'll get upgraded to Habour View regular room. But my goal is to view the fireworks. And I am hoping to invite parents back to the room. Do they have any sort of policy of banning non-staying guests that night? If I booked Tower room, will my guests be able to come along to the lounge? What about rooftop pool area?

Last edited by Starwood Lurker II; Mar 4, 2008 at 12:29 am Reason: Grammar mistakes
Old Mar 4, 2008, 12:38 am

Programs: SPG
Hi sink,

I am sorry to hear that your experience at the hotel's standard lounge is not satisfactory. I would like to invite you to call your nearest Customer Contact Centre to voice out your feedback if possible or you may write in to SPG as well.

I would be jotting down your feedback as a record too.

Thank you and have a nice day!

[email protected]

The standard lounge for Platinum guest on the 9th floor is a joke (9th floor is a smoking floor), so getting to the lounge (Room 915) will subject you to very unpleasant smell and odor.

Last edited by Starwood Lurker II; Mar 4, 2008 at 12:39 am Reason: Grammar mistakes
Old Mar 4, 2008, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
If you aren't offered an upgrade to towers for points at checkin, you should certainly inquire about it.

In fact, I'd think that on a paid reservation you should call 5 days out to see if you can confrim it.

And on an award reservation you should always spend the extra points at booking for towers.

First, the towers amenities are outstanding... free room service breakfast and towers restaurant breakfast, lovely towers lounge view and snacks, laundry allowance, etc.

Second, once in towers you can get an upgrade based on status. So plats should usually receive a harbor view or non-view suite (take the view if there's any choice).

This is a somewhat subpar hotel but outstanding in the towers section.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA (1MM); SPG Plat
Just back from a two-night stay at Sheraton HKG, this time it was to utilize the Platinum promotion for 50% off SPG point stay. Again, a slightly subpar stay. We were upgraded to the Deluxe Executive suite on the 8th Floor (SPG non-smoking floor). When inquired about Tower rooms (I was willing to use pts as indicated in this thread), we were told none were available, but when I went online, it shows availability. Did not confront them (since the availability in Tower was for non-harbor view).

The one-bedroom suite are nice, but the amenities are standard. The slippers are CHEAP, and fruit basket a joke, not to mention the complementary beat-up Watson water bottles (it's seems like these plastic bottles were reclycled many times).

I would expect that the sundry items are replenished (shampoo/condition at the minimum), which did not occurred. I used two tea bags which was not replenished. I had to be an ugly America and compliant to the front desk clerk. Later on, the on-duty supervisor called (Judith, the one I've spoke with the week prior regarding the renovations). And she told me that housekeeping told her that everything was restocked. I told Judith that it's either that I'm lying or housekeeping is, so I know that I wasn't. She said she is sorry, and will work with housekeeping to make sure this don't happen in the future. Yeah. It wasn't a big deal, but I'm really tired of this hotel being so CHEAP. Being a SPG category 5 is a total JOKE. Unfortunately this is the only SPG property in Kowloon and convenient.

I love SPG, and being a Platinum, but just don't like the fake and CHEAP Sheraton Hong Kong. Now I understand why everyone raves about Westin Taipei and Sheraton Taipei, because there is no comparison (except for the view of harbor view rooms).

Last edited by sink; Mar 10, 2008 at 11:35 pm
Old Mar 10, 2008, 7:47 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
i also just got back from a 6 night stay at the hotel ( sunday to saturday). i probably stayed there 30 or so times so i am fairly well versed on the upgrade process. you will never get a towers upgrade. if you want the towers, ask for the points upgrade at check in or pay the 2500 points before you go. the best you will do is a deluxe harbor view room or an executive suite. they seem to think the harbor view is a better upgrade but i prefer the suite especially for a long stay.

regarding the amenities, they are basically the same in the towers as they are in the regular rooms. i spent the week before at the sheraton grand sukhumvit in bangkok which is a luxury collection hotel. granted the items you are referring to were better but despite things like the windowless platinum lounge on the 9th floor the sheraton hong kong works. maybe it is just like hong kong in that it is efficient but to a certain extent impersonal.

this stay one of my associates had some health issues that required medical attention and i can tell you that the assistance they gave her was absolutely perfect. one could not have asked for more and they have earned my everlasting loyalty ( unless of course the new w hkg has great rates and is a really cool hotel--spoken like a true flyertalker ).
Old Mar 10, 2008, 10:54 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Just back from a two-night stay at Sheraton HKG, this time it was to utilize the Platinum promotion for 50% off SPG point stay. Again, a slightly subpar stay. We were upgraded to the Deluxe Executive suite on the 8th Floor (SPG non-smoking floor). When inquired about Tower rooms, we were told none were available, but when I went online, it shows availability. Did not confront them (since the availability in Tower was for non-harbor view).

The one-bedroom suite are nice, but the amenities are standard. The slippers are CHEAP, and fruit basket a joke, not to mention the complementary beat-up Watson water bottles (it's seems like these plastic bottles were reclycled many times).

I would expect that the sundry items are replenished (shampoo/condition at the minimum), which did not occurred. I used two tea bags which was not replenished. I had to be an ugly America and compliant to the front desk clerk. Later on, the on-duty supervisor called (Judith, the one I've spoke with the week prior regarding the renovations). And she told me that housekeeping told her that everything was restocked. I told Judith that it's either that I'm lying or housekeeping is, so I know that I wasn't. She said she is sorry, and will work with housekeeping to make sure this don't happen in the future. Yeah. It wasn't a big deal, but I'm really tired of this hotel being so CHEAP. Being a SPG category 5 is a total JOKE. Unfortunately this is the only SPG property in Kowloon and convenient.

I love SPG, and being a Platinum, but just don't like the fake and CHEAP Sheraton Hong Kong. Now I understand why everyone raves about Westin Taipei and Sheraton Taipei, because there is no comparison (except for the view of harbor view rooms).
Plat is NOT entitled to tower upgrade. You should have inquired about the starpoint UG option to the tower room.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by rdchen
Plat is NOT entitled to tower upgrade. You should have inquired about the starpoint UG option to the tower room.
Indeed.

I have never stayed in the main hotel but have stayed several times at the towers and I have always had a great experience there. On paid stays I find that the cost differential between towers and non towers rooms is completely outweighed by the towers benefits but YMMV.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 7:29 am

Programs: *wood Gold, HH Diamond
5th night free & Tower upgrade w/pts

Upgraded in the past to Towers with points and LOVE the Towers.
Question: If using points 5th night free promo do you have to pay the 2,500 points for four nights or five nights?
Old Mar 20, 2008, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Indeed.

I have never stayed in the main hotel but have stayed several times at the towers and I have always had a great experience there. On paid stays I find that the cost differential between towers and non towers rooms is completely outweighed by the towers benefits but YMMV.
Exactly!
I always stay in the towers if I choose the Sheraton- had a great stay there two weeks ago- this is one of the best values in the area- usually under 2500 HKD per night all in- and you get decent benefits. Book the towers- don't mess around with attempting to upgrade (by the way the towers is usually full of clients that booked it anyway!).
Old Mar 20, 2008, 9:38 am

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Happy 51
...Question: If using points 5th night free promo do you have to pay the 2,500 points for four nights or five nights?
If this is an Instant Upgrade Award at check-in through the hotel, there is no 5th night free. If it is a 5-day before arrival upgrade using Starpoints on a paid rate, there is no 5th night free. If it is an Upgrade Award booked as such from the beginning through the Customer Contact Center, then the 5th night is free.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.