Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of June 2023, evening service is in the 2nd floor Lobby Lounge, and breakfast is served in The Cafe - main hotel restaurant - for all Plat+ Elite guests.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Old Jan 12, 2008, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

hi, has anyone have an update with the renovation going on in the hotel? It will be my first time going to Hong kong and I am looking for the good rates available on 1/18-20. Please give me some ideas on how I can get the most experience out of hong kong (and also get the best rates w/ rooms too). Thanks!

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Dec 9, 2008 at 7:01 pm Reason: Earlier reports can be found at http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=897564
Old Jan 12, 2008, 10:22 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by anchor79
hi, has anyone have an update with the renovation going on in the hotel? It will be my first time going to Hong kong and I am looking for the good rates available on 1/18-20. Please give me some ideas on how I can get the most experience out of hong kong (and also get the best rates w/ rooms too). Thanks!
can't help you on the rates. part of the hotel is out of service due to exterior repairs. last month that meant that the suites on the back of the hotel were out of service so the suite upgrades were hard to get. platinums got harbor view upgrades only. if it is your first time then you actually want the harbor view upgrade as the view is spectacular. they tell me this will go on until the end of march. you can upgrade to the towers for 2500 points per night up front and 1500 at the desk when you check in if available. as a first time visitor i would probably do this. in december the bar downstairs was still closed. if you want a beer, walk up nathan road 2 blocks to the holiday inn golden mile and go to hari's on the mezzanine. trust me. other than that if you are in the windowless platinum lounge on the 9th floor say hello to may lam the spg coordinator for the hotel for me.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA (1MM); SPG Plat
We have just booked three nights at Sheraton Hong Kong using SPG50 for 1,500 HK per night for room (did not opt for the 2,100 for the tower room). Need advice to see if 600 HK per night is worth it to be in the towers. We are SPG Platinum. Thanks for any advice.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 3:56 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by sink
We have just booked three nights at Sheraton Hong Kong using SPG50 for 1,500 HK per night for room (did not opt for the 2,100 for the tower room). Need advice to see if 600 HK per night is worth it to be in the towers. We are SPG Platinum. Thanks for any advice.
those spg50 awards are hard to get at this hotel. may i ask when your trip is?
as a platinum you will get a free continental breakfast in the coffee shop and access to the 9th floor platinum lounge which has snacks and free drinks at happy hour. you will have to pay for internet access.

if you upgrade to the towers you will get to have a continental breakfast in the sky lounge with a beautiful view of the harbour. at happy hour you will have access to the towers lounge on top of the hotel with a great view. food is slightly better as are the drink selections. internet is included in the towers rate as well as 100hkd for laundry per day.

internet access is expensive--something like 120 hkd a day- so that brings the difference down if you need access. my advice is if you are a first time visitor and want a special experience then spend the extra money. otherwise you will just feel like you are in a nice sheraton hotel. the towers makes for a better experience.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by abk

2/29/08 for three nights.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by abk
Back in Dec when I was planning for a Jan trip (now pushed off to Feb), I called SPG and gave them a bunch of dates in Jan and they all had the SPG50 available.

So I think since Jan/Feb is the slow season, the Hotel offers them. Probably the time around Chinese New Years it wont
Old Jan 22, 2008, 7:44 am
abk

2/29/08 for three nights.
i check in 3/2 for 6 nights so maybe i will see you. i will be in the main hotel.

edited to add: thanks by the way, i was able to use two 50% off certs to get my rate down 400 hkd a night. i stay at this hotel alot and gave up even asking for the spg 50 years ago.

Last edited by abk; Jan 22, 2008 at 12:13 pm
Old Jan 23, 2008, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by abk
i check in 3/2 for 6 nights so maybe i will see you. i will be in the main hotel.

Do you recommend using the SPG50 rate at 2,100 for Tower rooms per night or just stay at the 1,500 standard?
Old Jan 23, 2008, 8:08 am
abk

Do you recommend using the SPG50 rate at 2,100 for Tower rooms per night or just stay at the 1,500 standard?
if you are a first time visitor, or looking for more of a special experience i would pay the extra money. if you are a platinum then you will get breakfast and access to an acceptable lounge with no view no matter what and the rooms are more or less the same in either place. if you intend to use internet access or do laundry then the 600 per night difference shrinks to 600-120 for free internet-100 for daily laundry credit to 380. now your at 50 bucks- so i would probably do it. personally, i generally travel with other platinums who do not upgrade to the towers but when i am alone i use points to do it. i believe it is 2500 points in advance or 1500 if available at check in. hope this helps.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

I just came back from the trip (1/18-20, 2 nights). I was upgraded to the room with xx89 prior to check in. Since I was travelling with my mother so this actually works better for me. I rather have a separate room instead of staying in the same room for more privacy. The room is clean and very spacious. The contiential breakfast on the 2F is great. I don't think its necessary to eat the full buffet since there are so much things to eat outside the hotel. If you are staying at the regular portion of the hotel, you can go up to the 17F and take pics from the rooftop pool, its nice too!

If you are asking me if I want a suite or pay extra for tower room...I would say suite is better for the value. Its just my 2c.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 11:24 am

Any recent updates on stargold benefits at this hotel? I have booked what I assume will be a basic room using points for 3 nights in mid February. Should I expect any room upgrade? I assume all Harbourview rooms are in the Towers portion of the hotel. If no upgrade offered, does anyone know how much HK$ they would charge to upgrade to a Harbourview room when originally booking was made using points?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Vacationtraveler
Any recent updates on stargold benefits at this hotel? I have booked what I assume will be a basic room using points for 3 nights in mid February. Should I expect any room upgrade? I assume all Harbourview rooms are in the Towers portion of the hotel. If no upgrade offered, does anyone know how much HK$ they would charge to upgrade to a Harbourview room when originally booking was made using points?
It's been a few years since I've stayed here as a gold (and in anywhere but the Towers), but I used to received a very modest upgrade as a gold (i.e. I would be given a room overlooking Nathan Road with a slight view of the Harbor while paying for courtyard view). The Towers are just the top couple floors of the Sheraton, so there are Harborview rooms in the regular part of the hotel, although they will be obstructed by the Intercontinental and the Space museum.

I don't know what the hotel would charge for a harborview upgrade on a points reservation, but you can also use points to upgrade to the next room level. It's only a couple thousand points per night. IMO, I would probably use the points to upgrade to the Towers section of the hotel. Even though I get a lot of bennies automatically for being platinum (like free breakfast), I consider the extra cost to upgrade to the Towers well worth it. Even if you wouldn't get a Harborview room in the Towers, you could still get the view in the lounge, which has the best view in the entire hotel.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 5:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Very long thread and lots of views, opinions and 1st hand experiences.... ^

I'm presently SPG Gold and made reservations for 3 rooms for last week of March08 for the basic hotel room aka lowest available price.

However I am going to reach SPG Plat end Feb2008.

1) As naive as this may sound, as Plat what should I be expecting as an upgrade, if any?

It's unlikely I will have my newly Plat card before my check-in (as it takes 4-6weeks in the post) so can't exactly flash it around at check-in.....

Last edited by alanslegal; Feb 5, 2008 at 6:12 pm
Old Feb 5, 2008, 5:59 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by alanslegal
...It's unlikely I will have my newly Plat card before my check-in (as it takes 4-6weeks in the post) so can't exactly flash it around at check-in.....
Sure you can flash it around at check-in. Just print a copy of it to a color printer from the web site. Laminate. Flash. Simple.

But, I would still give the hotel a call a few days before arrival after your upgrade in status happens and ask them to refresh your status in their in-house system so it reads Platinum on their end. That way they can properly prepare for your arrival in advance.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Feb 5, 2008, 6:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Sure you can flash it around at check-in. Just print a copy of it to a color printer from the web site. Laminate. Flash. Simple.

But, I would still give the hotel a call a few days before arrival after your upgrade in status happens and ask them to refresh your status in their in-house system so it reads Platinum on their end. That way they can properly prepare for your arrival in advance.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Thanks for the heads up Starwood Lurker

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.