Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center, Vancouver BC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2022, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center, Vancouver BC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2003, 6:06 am

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
I stayed at that hotel and received a one room suite in the main tower. It was a pretty high floor. Believe it or not there was two naked people going at it in the condo right across the way. Quite embarassing considering I was checking in my relatives. YIKES
Old Mar 12, 2003, 8:46 am

Programs: AA 1MM, Delta Gold, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Sheraton Wall Centre Vancouver changes internet policy

Hi all. Just to let you know....The Sheraton Wall Centre in Vancouver has removed what was a wonderful perk from staying at their property - free high speed in room broadband internet. It had been entirely free at the property. On my most recent stay I was informed that as of March they no longer offer it for free - it is now $10.95. Still pretty reasonable and all. But just in case you relied on it for free, factor the additional $10.95 into the room rate.

Still a nice property, etc.

Cheers!

------------------
Check Inventory Availability without a password by fare inventory code on multiple systems at http://flyaow.com/class.htm
Old May 28, 2003, 2:19 am

Sheraton Wall Centre Vancouver - Any Opinions?

I note that reservations online can be made for either the North Tower or the South Tower. Are the rooms any different? What about the views?

Can anyone provide a link to a review of this hotel?
Old May 28, 2003, 8:13 am

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Good property but stay in the main tower, that is the original one, not the one over the convention centre. At that, ask to see a room floor plan as all rooms are different at this property due to weird design of the tower---some rooms are very small, so be sure to ask for a better room.

I think the rooms over the convention centre are all pretty much standard convention type rooms but I have not stayed there since it opened.
Old May 28, 2003, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AC 50K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I've stayed in the North tower and it was excellent. This is the newest wing of the hotel and the rooms reflect it. In fact the tower is "One Wall Centre" which is the tallest building in Vancouver.
Old May 28, 2003, 2:49 pm

The North Tower has only double/king rooms. All suites and the Club Floor/Lounge are on the South Tower.
Old May 28, 2003, 6:32 pm

Thanks for all the help.

Being SPG Platinum, and hopefully getting an upgrade to a better room, I guess I will be staying in the South Tower. This is the old one or new one?

How are the Platinum amenities at this hotel?
Old Jan 14, 2004, 9:40 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre

Did a search but couldn't find an answer. Is there a better tower to stay in at this hotel between the North & South towers?

Thanks.
Old Jan 14, 2004, 10:14 pm

Here's a thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/pasttalk/ft...ML/001700.html

Old Jan 15, 2004, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Just got back from a stay at this hotel. Had requested the Club Level, so was in the South Tower. Previous posters had claimed that their rooms looked worn, carpets dirty etc. My experience couldn't have been more different (although I do wonder if it's a bit passee on FT to praise things )

We had floor to ceiling windows, although this may be something to do with getting an upgrade to a 1 bed suite (tiny bedroom, huge living room).

If you get the chance, ask one of the staff if you can take a look at the suite on the top floor. They offered to show it to my wife & I, then took us onto the balcony for some stunning 36th floor views of Vancouver.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 3:19 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
This is one of my most favorite properties. Loved it! The staff was amazing; could not have been warmer or nicer. Enjoy yourself!
Old Jan 15, 2004, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed there for a conference. Great room with a view of North Vancouver and excellent service.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 8:44 am

Just got back from the Sheraton Wall last weekend. here's my report...

1. The manager who checked me in named "Shawn" told me there was no room available above 10th floor. So I got shafted with a 10th floor room with a view of a residential building rooftop. Then I called SPG and told them that Shawn knew I was Platinum and said there were no upgrades available at the time. SPG Plat said Shawn handled the situation very poorly. And said there were lots of 1 bedroom suites available at the hotel and that the club floors (25, 26, & 27) also had lots of rooms available. So SPG Plat called Sheraton and fixed the problem for me. I went down stairs to the front desk and Shawn disappeared... another lady checked me into a bigger room which had a great view of Vancouver on the 27th floor.

2. The Amex Club lounge is officially closed.

3. the lobby is very small and nonexistent

4. The lady at the Sheraton club lounge was very nice though.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 1:44 pm

The lobby is small? I thought the lobby was massive compared to the one at the Westin Grand! I've only been in the lobby in the building with the Vida Spa, maybe the other building's lobby is teensy. But the one I was in was fairly large...
Old Mar 1, 2005, 4:17 pm
Suspended

This is a great hotel! I have stayed here a number of times this year and their Plat recognition is awesome. I have had small and large suites here, always given a choice, told if I dont like the room to come back and ask about another. I checked in early so the suite on the club floor they had pre-booked for me (you will always see an upgrade before you arrive on spg.com) was not ready yet, was offered 12th floor, totally great. No prob with amenity. Staff are polite and friendly, lounge is great, the girl in the lounge is wonderful. Must be one of the best Sheratons in the world.

I always stay in the South tower as it has more of the hotel feel, but you cant go wrong here.

Can't wait to stay again. And this is even a Cat 3 if using points.....

Perfect hotel (especially at the price!)

Last edited by FatBoyYVR; Mar 1, 2005 at 4:20 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.