Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

LEFT JAN 1, 2010: Sheraton Belgravia, London [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LEFT JAN 1, 2010: Sheraton Belgravia, London [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2005, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Arrow LEFT JAN 1, 2010: Sheraton Belgravia, London [Master Thread]

I would search if it was enabled, but since I can't I will throw out a question that I am sure has been asked.

I am thinking of a trip to LON and the Belgravia looks nice enough (and with points a real deal for 5 nights).

Any feedback?
Old Feb 16, 2005, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Yes, it is a very nice property. It is fairly small and designed to have a boutique hotel feel. As a Plat. I was upgraded to a large corner room/junior suite, which was nice. It is not a far walk from Harrods and the Knightsbridge Tube station.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Similar experience to that of PresRDC. I stayed at the Belgravia in November for the first time and was upgraded (PLT) to a "studio suite" on an upper floor which, I believe covered the span of end of the floor. From previous threads, many PLTs seem pretty keen on this property and it does have much more of a boutique feel as mentioned above with staff who is very flexible. It became my London spg property of choice.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Thanks for the responses... just a gold here - so I don't expect plat treatment (and was disappointed that the King bedded room did not show on the spg availability using points).

The devaluation of the $ has certainly inflated the worth of spg points!!!
Old Feb 18, 2005, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I just checked in and got upgraded to a Deluxe Suite on the top floor (10th). Very nice, even though I'm more of a minimalist/chic W feel person. The amenities are all Molton Brown, which is extra nice (the Brits have great bath products!). For the amenity gift, I chose the Belgravia Teddy Bear... cute little fella but it kinda looks like he's frowning (his name is "George Bear" and the brand is "Channel Island Toys")... anyone else choose the teddy bear?

I took the Piccadilly line from LHR to the Knightsbridge station -- about 40 mins. The walk from Knightsbridge station was about 7 minutes. Nice poshy/swanky area with all the high end stores you can think of on Sloane Street.

So far, so good! ^
Old Feb 18, 2005, 8:37 am

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
Don't forget about the Sheraton Park Tower down the street (not to be confused with the Sheraton Park Lane - a seriously run down property). It's about a 2 minute walk to the Knightsbridge Tube stop. I've stayed at both and each has its unique qualities. Service is definitely better at Belgravia, although I find the beds significantly more comfortable at the Park Tower. To be quite honest, you can't go wrong with either.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 5:31 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
One Further Question on the Belgravia

Originally Posted by fwfdan
I am thinking of a trip to LON and the Belgravia looks nice enough (and with points a real deal for 5 nights).

Any feedback?
Bless you fwfdan! I was looking at Sheraton London properties for an upcoming award stay and had the same question about the Belgravia. Was wondering how to get at this with the Search down and was a little shy to ask a question I know must have been already addressed. Your query was just what the doctor ordered. As for the King not available on an award, the queen should do nicely, and with luck, one of us may get upgraded to the King.

Also, your point about how the weak dollar has made overseas hotel awards a great value is right on. That's how I've been burning my points whether it be Starwood, Hilton or Marriott. In fact, most of the time, if I have a choice to earn hotel points or airline miles, I tend to go for the hotel points simply for this reason.

Thanks, as well, to the helpful (and patient -- with Search down) responses. It has helped me confidently book an award here.

One further question though. I heard no mention of a Club or Executive Lounge. Does this property have one and what has been your experiences with it -- both morning and evening? I believe it is available to Plats even on award stays.

Thanks again.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 12:08 pm

I don't recall a club lounge at any of the three sheratons in central London.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by boolean64
I don't recall a club lounge at any of the three sheratons in central London.
There is no club lounge at any of the London SPG hotels (Park Tower, Park Lane, Belgravia, Heathrow or Skyline). I don't know about the Lanesborough, but I presume not.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
I found the decor in this hotel to be quite "icky and tacky". It's ok for a free stay......
Old Mar 3, 2005, 10:32 am

Best choice for London on points?

Thank goodness I was able to find this thread with the search function down.

I will be spending 5 nights in London this June with my family (wife, 4 year old son, 14 year old nephew) and plan to book two rooms using points. This will be the first visit to London for either of the boys and we will be doing the usual first-time tourist things.

From the sound of the above posts, I want to avoid the Sheraton Park Lane and consider either the Sheraton Belgravia (Category 4) or Sheraton Park Tower (Category 5). Comparing value of points (vs a paid stay on the planned dates), Park Tower comes out as slightly better value (5.6 cents/point vs 5 cents/point at the Belgravia). The lack of King bed rooms for award stays at the Belgravia is a negative, but I could hope for a Plat upgrade and it would save 16,000 points as compared to the Park Tower.

Does anyone know if the butler rooms/suites at the Park Tower are upgrade-eligible?

Any opinions as to which hotel would be the better choice in my situation?
Old Mar 3, 2005, 12:32 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gnaget
I found the decor in this hotel to be quite "icky and tacky". It's ok for a free stay......
I think that's a matter of one's personal taste. The decor is traditional and British in nature. Reminds me of early Ralph Lauren with dark greens, reds with mixed stripes and patterns.

While it could definitely be considered a specific taste, and one that I would not personally choose for my home, I don't find it offensive (as "icky and tacky" implies to me) in the least.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by DFW DL
From the sound of the above posts, I want to avoid the Sheraton Park Lane and consider either the Sheraton Belgravia (Category 4) or Sheraton Park Tower (Category 5). Comparing value of points (vs a paid stay on the planned dates), Park Tower comes out as slightly better value (5.6 cents/point vs 5 cents/point at the Belgravia). The lack of King bed rooms for award stays at the Belgravia is a negative, but I could hope for a Plat upgrade and it would save 16,000 points as compared to the Park Tower.

Does anyone know if the butler rooms/suites at the Park Tower are upgrade-eligible?

Any opinions as to which hotel would be the better choice in my situation?
Bump...any opinions/answers on the above questions?
Old Mar 7, 2005, 11:39 am

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
I stay at both frequently. There are ZERO king beds at the Park Tower. Just pushed together twins. If the points are close, the Park tower is much fancier and better located on the tube and bus lines. If you are paying, I like the belgravia. Simple. PAY=Belgravia. Points=TOWER
Old Mar 7, 2005, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by cigarman
I stay at both frequently. There are ZERO king beds at the Park Tower. Just pushed together twins. If the points are close, the Park tower is much fancier and better located on the tube and bus lines. If you are paying, I like the belgravia. Simple. PAY=Belgravia. Points=TOWER
I low season, I might agree with that. However, I don't know if the park tower commands a 60% premium in high season. This dilemma is very similar to choosing between the W union square and the Sheraton Russell (now that the court and tuscany are also cat 5)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.