Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2013, 7:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by kalkat
Location of 4P is perfect for us, next to friends' condo and mostly we'll be hanging out with them. Given reviews here I can't book this property. Any alternatives which are better within 2-3 blocks?
Courtyard just a couple of buildings south if you want to be in approx. the same price range.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by kalkat
Location of 4P is perfect for us, next to friends' condo and mostly we'll be hanging out with them. Given reviews here I can't book this property. Any alternatives which are better within 2-3 blocks?
Sometimes you can find almost comparable rates at the Fontainebleau, some good short lets there as well... Soho Beach House next door is sublime but we're talking a different ballpark rates (and service) wise.

Unlike many here I have no issues using the 4P as a place to crash... At the right price, of course.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by RafKa
Sometimes you can find almost comparable rates at the Fontainebleau, some good short lets there as well... Soho Beach House next door is sublime but we're talking a different ballpark rates (and service) wise.

Unlike many here I have no issues using the 4P as a place to crash... At the right price, of course.
Thank you, this is very useful.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I had a quick, one-night stay here in October and used it only for a place to sleep. I did not hang out here at all, but had no problems with the hotel just for sleeping. I would not stay here for a proper vacation, but for one night to visit a friend I found that 10k points was not a terrible deal considering the alternatives.

I used a SNA to upgrade to a Junior Suite in advance; the room that I received was fine - I had a view of the HVAC equipment and, in the distance, the water. The bathroom was very basic, but fine. I was very nervous about staying here in light of the reviews in this thread, but for one person for sleeping only it was just fine.
Old May 9, 2014, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Fetured in a CNN story

CNN's website published a silly article about millenial business travellers, but what really drew my attention was a picture of the lobby at FP Miami Beach: looks like a revamp. I haven't been there in 1 year or so, but certainly would remember noticing it...

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/10/29/tr...tel/index.html
Old Aug 15, 2014, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm here right now. One night stay in the middle of 9 nights visiting the Mouse.

This is not the worst SPG property I've stayed at. Not even close. For that I'd nominate the Four Points MCI. Just a nasty place through and through.

The people here have gone out of their way to be helpful and friendly. At check-in, they had upgraded one of our two rooms to a suite and when told that we'd rather be on the same floor, they put us in adjoining rooms and offered a rollaway bed for one of the kids without me even having to ask, which I probably wouldn't have...

When the family went to the pool, there was no towel service available at that time -- the person said it was fine to take the room towels and they'd replace them. Less than 5 minutes after they returned to the hotel and told the front desk, the towels (warm ones, too) were delivered to the room.

Bartender was great last night. We got back from the Marlins game just after 11 and we sat at the bar and he mixed some drinks for my wife and was incredibly personable and friendly.

Breakfast in the restaurant was just fine, our waiter was attentive and friendly.

I don't know if this place is trying to change its image or something's changed here, but for the cost, I am very happy with what we got here.

Everything looks recently renovated and remodeled, too. The bathroom is small, but that's probably the only thing that I'd pick at during this stay.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by RichMSN
I'm here right now. One night stay in the middle of 9 nights visiting the Mouse.

This is not the worst SPG property I've stayed at. Not even close. For that I'd nominate the Four Points MCI. Just a nasty place through and through.

The people here have gone out of their way to be helpful and friendly. At check-in, they had upgraded one of our two rooms to a suite and when told that we'd rather be on the same floor, they put us in adjoining rooms and offered a rollaway bed for one of the kids without me even having to ask, which I probably wouldn't have...

When the family went to the pool, there was no towel service available at that time -- the person said it was fine to take the room towels and they'd replace them. Less than 5 minutes after they returned to the hotel and told the front desk, the towels (warm ones, too) were delivered to the room.

Bartender was great last night. We got back from the Marlins game just after 11 and we sat at the bar and he mixed some drinks for my wife and was incredibly personable and friendly.

Breakfast in the restaurant was just fine, our waiter was attentive and friendly.

I don't know if this place is trying to change its image or something's changed here, but for the cost, I am very happy with what we got here.

Everything looks recently renovated and remodeled, too. The bathroom is small, but that's probably the only thing that I'd pick at during this stay.
Any pictures?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
Any pictures?
Nah. Now that you ask, though, I wish I had.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Need to find a cheap hotel in Miami for a week in February...when the heck did the Four Points jump to 16,000 points/night?!?!
Old Sep 6, 2014, 6:23 pm

And taking a closer look, it appears SPG properties can now adjust the number of Starpoints required by day of the week. When did this change take place?
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:10 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
Need to find a cheap hotel in Miami for a week in February...when the heck did the Four Points jump to 16,000 points/night?!?!
As per this link

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...CategoryCode=5
Old Sep 7, 2014, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Thanks. I guess times are good for hotels.

Still don't recall SPG properties being able to change the number of points needed on a daily basis. Definitely remember there being high and low seasons...but they didn't change back and forth from one day to the next.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:37 am

Any recents stays here as PLT's ? THX
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:04 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by ehud
Any recents stays here as PLT's ? THX
bump
Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:59 pm

Thumbs up

I am thinking about staying a couple days in May....

Bump...for any recent stays? ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.