Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Leaving Jan 2023] The Danieli, Luxury Collection, Venice, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Leaving Jan 2023] The Danieli, Luxury Collection, Venice, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Sorry for bothering you guys.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Gold, Virgin Silver
Westin Vs. Danieli

I can't imagine that the 50 euro per night isn't worth spending for the Danieli. It's amazing, historic property and the location is fantastic. I've never stayed at the Westin, but the Danieli is one of my favorite hotels in the world and we had an amazing stay this summer.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Miler, Bonvoy Titanium, occasional AA Gold
Three diffierent buildings in this hotel?

From what I can tell on the hotel's web site, there are three different buildings that comprise this hotel: Dandolo, Casa Nuova and Danieli Excelsior Palaces. Anyone know whether any one is better than another? Thank you
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:28 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 60614
From what I can tell on the hotel's web site, there are three different buildings that comprise this hotel: Dandolo, Casa Nuova and Danieli Excelsior Palaces. Anyone know whether any one is better than another? Thank you
We have never had a bad room at the Danieli but our most amazing OVER the top room was in Palazzo Dandolo- the room had gorgeous Murano chandeliers and stunning views of the Venice Lagoon.

But I think all 3 of the Palaces have rooms with amazing views. I think it is more which room you get than which building.

If someone has other info I would be interested. We are planning to return here to celebrate our anniversary in 2017 and even though we have other exciting trips in the interim we are counting the days until we return to our favorite city and favorite hotel in the world.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 10:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Exclamation Danieli potentially at risk of foreclosure

For those considering a future stay at the Danieli, this report in the Italy forum is worth a look:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/italy...e-caution.html
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Any recent stays? Considering booking for later in the month.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 1:01 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
Any recent stays? Considering booking for later in the month.
My son and his wife had an awesome stay here in January. As a newly minted Platinum they were upgraded to a beautiful lagoon view suite.

We love the Danieli and will be visiting in about 6 months.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by damon88
My son and his wife had an awesome stay here in January. As a newly minted Platinum they were upgraded to a beautiful lagoon view suite.

We love the Danieli and will be visiting in about 6 months.
Thanks for the report!

Our first time in Venice and I've heard lots about the crowds . . . any difficulties navigating the area right around the hotel?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 2:56 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Gold, Virgin Silver
I suspect Venice will be quite busy in May.

The area around the hotel will have crowds of people, and you will need to stay together.

Is this a reason not to stay in Danieli? Absolutely not.

If crowds will be an issue for you, I would not visit Venice in May. Go in winter, when there are fewer tourist.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:54 am
SPG 5+ Badge

We only visit Venice in the off season so I can't speak personally about May, but the one time we visited in April it was pretty crowded around the hotel.

It *shouldn't* detract from your stay though. I recommend venturing out and discovering the other parts of Venice that many tourists ignore. One of the most fun things about a trip to Venice is wandering around and getting lost. And definitely take a trip to the islands (Burano and Torcello especially) If you are willing to put up with their spiels there will be boats in front of the Danieli that will offer you a free ride to Murano. Or you can just take the Vaporetto. Locanda Cipriani on Torcello is one of our favorite restaurants in the world. In May you can sit in the Garden which should be blooming profusely.

One of the best times of the day in Venice is early (sunrise) when the city is coming awake. There won't be as many tourists then. And it's also fun at night.

You should also check out Giudecca & San Giorgio Maggiore.

Have a fantastic visit !
Old May 20, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, AA EXP, UA Gold
We stayed at the Danieli in early April and were upgraded to a lagoon view room in the newer building. The balcony (and view) were incredible. I didn't find the staff to be very warm or particularly welcoming, but the room and the view were worth the splurge. There was a bottle of wine and cookies in our room, and my husband enjoyed the platinum breakfast (and the view from the terrace). I've stayed at the Hilton and the JW Marriott, and this is a completely different experience. I think we enjoyed it the most though. Venice does tend to be crowded in the middle of the day with day trippers and cruise excursions, but we are early risers and like to stay out late so we tend to rest in the middle of the day.

I second the recommendation above about visiting Torcello. It's underrated.

Enjoy!
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Has anyone booked a Luxury Lagoon View room here lately? Where is it positioned in the building?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
does anyone know the concierge email for the Danieli? I'm mostly a Hyatt person - but did get bumped up to Plat with the Mar/SPG merger. And since there are basically no Hyatt's in Italy - I'm staying all MR in Rome/Florence/Venice for an upcoming trip.
It seems like individual Marriott hotels never give specific hotel contact emails? If you click the Help/email - it takes you to the General Marriott page?

Or am I missing something on the Danieli page? TIA...
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:08 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Marriott hotels don't have any electronic contact details and they've recently removed them all from Starwood hotels. An absolute pain in the .... Easiest is to do a Google search or call the switchboard and be asked to be transferred to the appropriate dept (or reception, outside of usual business hours).
Old Sep 19, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Yeah, for me that is so strange. One reason I like to use email - is then you have the requests (and the hotel's response) in writing! Maybe they are trying to avoid that?

I did a search and someone posted this (see below) ~1 month ago on TripAdvisor...but it's not even a complete email address? is it @luxurycollection.com? (or I googled and saw some emails as @luxurycollection.marriott.com ?)

"I always have special requests. In this case i wrote to the concierge and they fullfilled ALL my requests. Here they do not allow me to put the adress but it is
concierge.danieli
Then write the symbol for At
then
Luxury collection"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.