Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Everything you want to know about status at SPG

Everything you want to know about status at SPG

Old Nov 19, 2007, 1:11 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by snickers
Can you combine starwood points from 2 members? I was wondering if my husband could apply for the credit card deal where you get 10,000 free points, and then I would be able to combine those points with the points on my account for a stay?
Yes, as long as the accounts are in the same household, you can do unlimited transfers between accounts.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Nov 19, 2007, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titan., Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by sc flier
Q: Do Cash & Points stays count toward elite status?
A: No. "Guest will not receive Starpoints or airline miles for their reservation; therefore, a Cash & Points stay does not qualify as an eligible stay toward earning elite level or toward any promotions requiring nights or stays."
I just received stay/nights/points/bonus credit for a Cash & Points stay I made in LA last week. It is my first C&P stay so I have no comparison. Have others gotten similar credit recently or is this just a lucky case of YMMV?
Old Nov 19, 2007, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by HKBelonger
I just received stay/nights/points/bonus credit for a Cash & Points stay I made in LA last week. It is my first C&P stay so I have no comparison. Have others gotten similar credit recently or is this just a lucky case of YMMV?
Just a lucky case of YMMV.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Dec 25, 2007, 9:31 am
Suspended

Spouse stays free with SPG ?

As a member of HHonors I may book a single room with Hilton and then bring my spouse for free.

Is there also such a spouse stays free policy with SPG hotels?
Old Dec 26, 2007, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Didi
As a member of HHonors I may book a single room with Hilton and then bring my spouse for free.

Is there also such a spouse stays free policy with SPG hotels?
It depends upon the individual policy of the hotel in question; however, probably 95% of the time, rates are quoted as double occupancy and children, 17 and under stay free in existing bedding while staying with a paying adult.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jan 12, 2008, 1:15 pm

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I'm in doubt:
Do day room rates booked on SPG.com qualify for stay credit?
Old Jan 12, 2008, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by AAEXP
I'm in doubt:
Do day room rates booked on SPG.com qualify for stay credit?
Yes it should count as a "stay", but not as a "night".

from the "What counts as a stay" thread
Old Jan 14, 2008, 11:17 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Stupid question I know, but do W hotels have club lounges? I have six nights in NO with stays split between the 2 Ws and I would love to get some breakfast courtesy of my status before I head out to my meetings in the mornings.

I am a new PLT, I'm used to the Hyatt Diamond breakfast deals.

lala
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by lalala
Stupid question I know, but do W hotels have club lounges? I have six nights in NO with stays split between the 2 Ws and I would love to get some breakfast courtesy of my status before I head out to my meetings in the mornings.

I am a new PLT, I'm used to the Hyatt Diamond breakfast deals.

lala
The Platinum club and executive level benefits apply only to the Sheraton and Westin brands; although some here seem to think that it also applies to Le Meridien as well.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jan 17, 2008, 4:01 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
The Platinum club and executive level benefits apply only to the Sheraton and Westin brands; although some here seem to think that it also applies to Le Meridien as well.
Speaking of this privilege, I think that the SPG T&Cs could use some fine tuning in this area. Whereas the Platinum description on the SPG Overview page reads, "Enjoy complimentary access to the hotel gym and Executive and Club Level floors at Westin® and Sheraton® Hotels & Resorts," the SPG T&Cs reads, "Access to the Club Level when staying at Sheraton hotels or access to the Executive Level when staying at Westin hotels, even when not staying on the Club Level or Executive Level floor(s)...."

I worry that some hotel (or even just an individual employee at a hotel) might one day try to strictly interpret the T&Cs to deny some benefits. For example, the Westin Los Cabos and the Westin Nusa Dua have the Royal Beach Club level and lounge. They are not generally known as "the Executive Level" even though they are Westins. And to get really picky, the T&Cs say "hotels" whereas the overview says, "Hotels & Resorts." I would hate to see a resort say that this part of the T&Cs doesn't apply to them.

Of course, if the T&Cs are correct and the overview description is misleading, I'd vote to just leave well enough alone.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 4:31 pm

my two cents...

...Of course, if the T&Cs are correct and the overview description is misleading, I'd vote to just leave well enough alone.
The overview page is just a snapshot of Platinum benefits. The T&C's are like being there in person to see the whole vista.

So, I personally would forget that the snapshot exists and enjoy the vista instead.

The T&C's are what is important in understanding your benefits as a Platinum member. The overview page is nothing more than an advertisement of those benefits.

YOMV.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:27 pm

The T&C's are what is important in understanding your benefits as a Platinum member. The overview page is nothing more than an advertisement of those benefits.

YOMV.
Your Overview May Vary?

My concern is that the vista (T&Cs) is more strictly defined than the overview, but I don't think that it was meant to be.

It's precisely because the T&Cs are most important that I seek to have them restated where I see what appears to be a mistake that could turn against the members if someone decides to re-interpret them in the future.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:36 pm

Your Overview May Vary?
No, Your Opinion May Vary.

My concern is that the vista (T&Cs) is more strictly defined than the overview, but I don't think that it was meant to be.
Of course it was meant to be that way.

It's precisely because the T&Cs are most important that I seek to have them restated where I see what appears to be a mistake that could turn against the members if someone decides to re-interpret them in the future.
There is no mistake to fix here. Focus on the vista and throw away the snapshot.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:48 pm

Of course it was meant to be that way.
Bummer. Thanks go out to the Royal Beach Club hotels (err... "resorts") that apparently go above and beyond!

(And thanks to all those hotels that let us go into their Club Lounges for not just limiting us to accessing the hallways on the Club Levels! I've always thought that sounded silly.)
Old Jan 17, 2008, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
The overview page is nothing more than an advertisement of those benefits.
So if a hotel doesn't offer a benefit that was promised in the overview page, the issue is False Advertising?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.