Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Everything you want to know about status at SPG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Everything you want to know about status at SPG

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2007, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by ghil04
... I have an SPG Preferred Guest AMEX card ... For some reason I thought Gold allowed me to receive 2 points per dollar spent at any location, ....
I don't think so. Double Starpoints only apply to stays at participating Starwood Hotels & Resorts and purchases made at select Starwood retail outlets.

You can read more from the Amex SPG site:

https://www124.americanexpress.com/c...n%20Starpoints
Old Jun 2, 2007, 12:33 pm

Just a very simple question sorry couldn't find the answer anywhere - if I book a room on spg.com with a cheap non refundable internet rate but don't actually turn up does that still count as a stay and do I get points?
Old Jun 2, 2007, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Sir Charles
Just a very simple question sorry couldn't find the answer anywhere - if I book a room on spg.com with a cheap non refundable internet rate but don't actually turn up does that still count as a stay and do I get points?
No.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 8:53 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Everything you wanted to know about status at SPG

This is now it's own thread.

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...=1#post8077195

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Dec 10, 2008 at 9:43 am
Old Sep 9, 2007, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by richarddd
Does anyone have any experience with this? I'll pass 30k shortly and it would be nice to be gold for some stays in early January.
The Amex SPG FAQ page includes:

How long does it take to be upgraded to Gold Preferred Guest status once I spend $30,000?
It may take up to 12 weeks, but you will have the benefit for it least a full year.
https://www124.americanexpress.com/c...type=intFAQ#11

which would be better than 12-16 weeks or March of the next year (as quoted above). It would be nice if there was consistent information.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 10:01 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, LH Senator, UA Premier Executive, RG Diamante
My kids are teens now and I realize I need 2 rooms for traveling with my family.

When I reserve, stay and pay 2 different rooms at the same hotel with one SPG# and same credit card, does it count as 2 stays ? 'x' nights for each room ?
Old Sep 23, 2007, 10:04 am

Programs: Onepass Elite Silver, Starwood Platinum
In my experience with travelling for work and always picking up my coworker's rooms, I've always recieved credit for 2 stays and the equivalent night credits.

Originally Posted by rserson
My kids are teens now and I realize I need 2 rooms for traveling with my family.

When I reserve, stay and pay 2 different rooms at the same hotel with one SPG# and same credit card, does it count as 2 stays ? 'x' nights for each room ?
Old Sep 27, 2007, 11:50 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm finally turning Platinum next week when I check-in at the W Silicon Valley.

On succeeding stays after that, how will I be accorded the "Platinum Amenities", more specifically, the 500 points? Do I have to request that every time I check-in or is this automatically posted to my account without any action on my part?
Old Sep 27, 2007, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by BlindPilot
I'm finally turning Platinum next week when I check-in at the W Silicon Valley.

On succeeding stays after that, how will I be accorded the "Platinum Amenities", more specifically, the 500 points? Do I have to request that every time I check-in or is this automatically posted to my account without any action on my part?
Congratulations. You should be given a choice card at check-in. Ask for it if it isn't offered voluntarily.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Oct 9, 2007, 6:08 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Cheap Eliite, I think that you overlooked the word "Business" in lilpisher's question.

I searched the forum but could not find a definitive answer about the Preferred Business program. I used to think that it simply meant that the account has a SET code attached. However, I'm not sure that it's that simple.

Starwood Lurker has indicated that there is a Preferred Business department and a SET department. Starwood Lurker, can you clarify and detail more about this classification for this detail-oriented thread?

All I do know is that I can be both a Preferred Business Guest and a Platinum member. I don't know how this appears to the hotel staff.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by sc flier
...Starwood Lurker, can you clarify and detail more about this classification for this detail-oriented thread?...
Starwood Preferred Business = companies who can commit to less than 100 room nights per year.

Starwood Executive Traveler (SET) = companies who can commit to more than 100+ room nights per year.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Oct 9, 2007, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1K, AS 75K, LT Titanium, Globalist
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Starwood Preferred Business = companies who can commit to less than 100 room nights per year.

Starwood Executive Traveler (SET) = companies who can commit to more than 100+ room nights per year.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
William,

Since we're on SET and business, can you answer the following questions:

Q: Does using an SET code mean your company is part of Starwood Executive Traveller, or do SPB accounts also use an SET code?

A: No! the two seem to be different. As far as I can tell there's SET Preffered and SP Business. Both receive a SET number for reservations, but have different benefits/rates/etc.

Q: When making a reservation do I have to choose the corporate rate in order to get points for my business? Can I just input the SET # during checkout for a non-corporate (internet, BAR, etc) rate?

A: It looks like any rate that earns points for SPG will earn points for SPB.

Q: Do I have to enter an SET number when making a reservation, or is having my SPG account show Starwood preffered business enough to earn points?

Last edited by ihdihd; Oct 9, 2007 at 2:26 pm Reason: Answering my own questions, added one more
Old Oct 9, 2007, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by ihdihd
William,

Since we're on SET and business, can you answer the following questions:

Q: Does using an SET code mean your company is part of Starwood Executive Traveller, or do SPB accounts also use an SET code?
Both. Each SPB account also has a SET account number that identifies it as part of the Master, or Q account.

Q: When making a reservation do I have to choose the corporate rate in order to get points for my business? Can I just input the SET # during checkout for a non-corporate (internet, BAR, etc) rate?
If you use the SET#, the rate search is going to be overridden by it and you will get the negotiated rate for your company's SET account. You can check for lower rates, if you wish, by taking out the SET#; however, if you do this, you can't put the SET# back in to count toward the 100+ nights your company has committed to.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Oct 23, 2007, 5:01 pm

Programs: QF,VS,SQ,SPG,IC
No Platinum Concierge in AP?

Just achieved Platinum for the first time

I've read on SPG that Platinum Concierge is not available in Asia-Pacific. Can someone please clarify exactly what this means? Can I contact a concierge if I pay for the long distance phone call from Australia or use it when I'm travelling overseas? Or is this service not available at all to Asia Pacific residents?
Old Oct 23, 2007, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by snufl
Just achieved Platinum for the first time

I've read on SPG that Platinum Concierge is not available in Asia-Pacific. Can someone please clarify exactly what this means? Can I contact a concierge if I pay for the long distance phone call from Australia or use it when I'm travelling overseas? Or is this service not available at all to Asia Pacific residents?
If you call the toll-free Platinum line at the Customer Contact Center nearest you, that is about as Platinum Concierge as it gets.

In Australia, the number is 1-800-450-020.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.