Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

spg.com website down / broken / issues / login problems ? Post Here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Starwood Lurker
If you're here, you are obviously experiencing some issues with the web site. Our apologies for any inconvenience. We have an interest in giving you the best web experience possible, so here are some tips on how to get any problems resolved:

First of all, the web assistance team has this suggestion for you:

"We first suggest the normal steps of clearing their cache (temporary files) and cookies, then log out of their Starwood Preferred Guest account online, then close all browser windows before trying again. Please note that clearing cookies may also remove any stored passwords in the browser.

It is important for them to log out to ensure no bad/old data is saved and so that the online account has a chance to refresh.

Also note that cache and cookies are 2 different things. The cache memory is what remembers old content for faster page loading and may cause errors after updates. Cookies are mostly only meant for tracking during the current session. Both can still remember old errors that may have existed in the browser."

You should also be aware that being on a VPN sometimes interferes with your browsing experience. Try browsing without being on VPN and see if this fixes the issue.

If this does not resolve your issue, you can you can send an email to [email protected] along with any screenshots leading up to and including the error message.

It also helps if you include the following information in your email:

-What browser(s) have you tried? Is the issue happening over multiple browsers or just one?
-Are you using a desktop/laptop or a mobile device?
-If you are using mobile device does this issue persist when on a desktop/laptop?

Once we have this information, we can forward it on to the web assistance team for further review, so please be as complete as possible.

If you are having an issue with any of the SPG apps, you can send the following information directly to the SPG App team at [email protected]:

-What device and operating system are you using?
-What version of our app do you have installed?
-What is the problem you have encountered?
Print Wikipost

spg.com website down / broken / issues / login problems ? Post Here!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2005, 9:58 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
There is a sticky thread at the top of this forum for these issues. I will merge thread into that existing one.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 12:57 am
Suspended

Thumbs down SPG.COM...uugghh

"We're Sorry

The system is temporarily unavailable. For assistance, please call 866-500-8320 in the U.S. or Canada. Residents of all other countries, please see our Worldwide Reservations Offices.

Thank you. We apologize for any inconvenience."

ugghh....april 8, 3 AM eastern (i am in hawaii and need to book a room...guess that ain't happenin'.)

notice how the offer of starpoints is missing. is that deliberate, william? why was this gesture removed, william?
Old Apr 9, 2005, 6:30 am

Programs: Gold Medallion, *wood Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by ilovetofly
For the Nth time, I could not update my contact information at spg.com

After I updated and clicked "save changes," I got the following message.

"There are some errors in the form. Please correct them and then click the "save changes" button again.

* indicates required information.

Please enter your password."

I have made sure that all fields with * are filled but I can't seem to find out what the problem is.
I'm having the same problem with my account. I contacted someone at SPG and they created a ticket to troubleshoot the issue. This was about a month ago and I haven't seen a resolution since.

What's funny about the error message is that there isn't even a field on the form to enter a password!
Old Apr 16, 2005, 6:50 am
Suspended

Programs: BA +/-Silver; FT+ Once enhAAnced for toying with He who shall not be naMeD
Sometimes the website fails to perform as designed when trying to view multiple accounts for family. Clearing cookies manually usually fixes most problems.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 12:13 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
won't complete reservation

For the last couple of days, the site has been intermitten. I'd be able to check rates, fill in special request etc etc, and then when I hit "complete reservation" it comes back with a "system temporarily unavailable" message. Tried SPG, tried Sheraton. Same thing. Can't believe would let its online reservation system go down like this for so long. Man, it's so hard to GIVE them business?
Old Apr 30, 2005, 10:50 pm

Thumbs down Click on "RESERVE" button-- it freezes!

Just tired to book a reservation... and it hangs when clicking on the Reserve button after entering the Special Requests box. Several clicks and still no response.

Exited out of the site and tried again. Filled out all info again-- still no luck.

Tired to check whether the reservation was completed under "My reservations"-- system is temporarily unavailable.

Had to resort to telephone booking where the person got my arrival date and name wrong--though she was pleasant enough.

And the final touch...

The virtually unprintable email confirmation because some brilliant mind decided to use gray typeface on the email!

Why even bother to send such an unprintable email. Stupid.
Old May 12, 2005, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by choptliva
For the last couple of days, the site has been intermitten. I'd be able to check rates, fill in special request etc etc, and then when I hit "complete reservation" it comes back with a "system temporarily unavailable" message. Tried SPG, tried Sheraton. Same thing. Can't believe would let its online reservation system go down like this for so long. Man, it's so hard to GIVE them business?
)

If I try and book a AAA rate, I get the same thing last night and this night.

William Lurker, is it worth our time to post these problems?
Old May 13, 2005, 3:57 pm

Programs: Gold Passport
Lightbulb Take a cue from Hyatt

The folks at Starwood Preferred Guest should take a cue from GoldPassport.com

Hyatt's new site is excellent. I'm not sure if the new site is the official roll out or just a pilot test, but it is amazingly user friendly and simple to use. ^

Plus, you get 1,000 bonus points for updating your profile! ^ :-: ^ :-: ^

Love Starwood, hate their site.
Old May 13, 2005, 4:16 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by beachfan
)...William Lurker, is it worth our time to post these problems?
Glad you asked. Yes, it is worthwhile and I am currently working with the web gurus on a way to get things addressed in a quick and timely manner, whenever the problem is on our end.

To that end, going forward, all we really need to know from anyone experiencing a problem is 'when' and 'what'! You will need to report the time and date (Eastern time US is best) the incident occurred as well as what you were doing at the time, and a starting URL is always helpful.

When I am in the office and notice these, I will be forwarding them to the web gurus. When I am not in the office, I will forward them when I return. There may never be a situation where I am able to tell you what the problem was/is and what was done to resolve it, but hopefully, this will give the web gurus some additional feedback and make the sites more pleasant to use from a customer aspect.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old May 13, 2005, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Glad you asked. Yes, it is worthwhile and I am currently working with the web gurus on a way to get things addressed in a quick and timely manner, whenever the problem is on our end.

To that end, going forward, all we really need to know from anyone experiencing a problem is 'when' and 'what'! You will need to report the time and date (Eastern time US is best) the incident occurred as well as what you were doing at the time, and a starting URL is always helpful.

When I am in the office and notice these, I will be forwarding them to the web gurus. When I am not in the office, I will forward them when I return. There may never be a situation where I am able to tell you what the problem was/is and what was done to resolve it, but hopefully, this will give the web gurus some additional feedback and make the sites more pleasant to use from a customer aspect.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
I think the shortcoming of using this forum to try to fix the website is that most people on this thread (and in general) tend to give such vague descriptions of problems that it will be hard to reproduce and fix them; and/or the problem is intermittent and not reproducible, as in the case of a lot of the ones recently described on this thread, most especially if the web gurus don't see the problem description until hours, or days, after the occurrence.
Old May 15, 2005, 8:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
Four Points by Sheraton Montreal Centre-Ville is GONE from website tonight!

Kathy's point is well taken, I work in computers and usually have to pry users to give sufficient details to address the problem... anyway, I found something interesting. Today, May 15, 2005, during the afternoon, I was looking at hotels in Montreal and found one of them at spg.com called the "Four Points by Sheraton Montreal Centre-Ville". I saw prices and such for stays at this hotel. Now, at 10:14pm EST, that hotel no longer appears on the website. If you do a search for Montreal, it does not appear. If you go to the page of the website that lists Cat 2 hotels, you see the name, but the link goes to a blank page. It is like the hotel was taken from the website. Why?
Old May 15, 2005, 8:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
more website oddities....

Right now, at 10:25pm EST May 15, 2005, if you click this link (at the bottom) to see Cat 2 hotels, these three appear in a list, note that it indicates that they are all in Harrisburg, PA:

Four Points by Sheraton Harrisburg Harrisburg, United States

Four Points by Sheraton Hotel & Suites Allentown Jetport Harrisburg, United States

Four Points by Sheraton Montreal Centre-Ville Harrisburg, United States

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...ings_cat2.html

Last edited by quinella66; May 15, 2005 at 8:27 pm Reason: Indicate time zone
Old May 18, 2005, 8:45 am

Programs: SPG PLAT/Delta PM/Marriot Gold
Go to St regis website and then click on SPG, thats the only way I have been able to access reservations and my account, getting a little tired though.
Old May 18, 2005, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by owner1
Go to St regis website and then click on SPG, thats the only way I have been able to access reservations and my account, getting a little tired though.
You'll have to give a more detailed description of the problem than that if you want anyone to look at it. Which other website(s) have you tried? Have you done a "refresh" on it/them? What, exactly, happens when you try to access your account on the other website(s)?

Vague complaints that say, essentially, "it doesn't work" won't get a resolution. @:-)
Old May 18, 2005, 10:45 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT/Delta PM/Marriot Gold
Well, I really dont know how I can explain it any easier, any Starwood website I go to, westin.com sheraton.com starwood.com SPG.com, comes up as we are currently updating our website, when I tried the st regis I was able to access my account, really do not feel I am being vague, I have limited knowledge of computers, but even I can log on to a website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.