Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

spg.com website down / broken / issues / login problems ? Post Here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Starwood Lurker
If you're here, you are obviously experiencing some issues with the web site. Our apologies for any inconvenience. We have an interest in giving you the best web experience possible, so here are some tips on how to get any problems resolved:

First of all, the web assistance team has this suggestion for you:

"We first suggest the normal steps of clearing their cache (temporary files) and cookies, then log out of their Starwood Preferred Guest account online, then close all browser windows before trying again. Please note that clearing cookies may also remove any stored passwords in the browser.

It is important for them to log out to ensure no bad/old data is saved and so that the online account has a chance to refresh.

Also note that cache and cookies are 2 different things. The cache memory is what remembers old content for faster page loading and may cause errors after updates. Cookies are mostly only meant for tracking during the current session. Both can still remember old errors that may have existed in the browser."

You should also be aware that being on a VPN sometimes interferes with your browsing experience. Try browsing without being on VPN and see if this fixes the issue.

If this does not resolve your issue, you can you can send an email to [email protected] along with any screenshots leading up to and including the error message.

It also helps if you include the following information in your email:

-What browser(s) have you tried? Is the issue happening over multiple browsers or just one?
-Are you using a desktop/laptop or a mobile device?
-If you are using mobile device does this issue persist when on a desktop/laptop?

Once we have this information, we can forward it on to the web assistance team for further review, so please be as complete as possible.

If you are having an issue with any of the SPG apps, you can send the following information directly to the SPG App team at [email protected]:

-What device and operating system are you using?
-What version of our app do you have installed?
-What is the problem you have encountered?
Print Wikipost

spg.com website down / broken / issues / login problems ? Post Here!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:11 pm

Missing credit request

We're Sorry. The system is temporarily unavailable. For assistance, please call 888-625-5144 in the U.S. or Canada. Residents of all other countries, please see our Customer Contact Centers. Thank you. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The "Report A Missing Stay (Get Credit)" page gives me that error day after day. I can't request a credit for a missing stay. Is there a common issue or it's just with my account?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by friendly45
The "Report A Missing Stay (Get Credit)" page gives me that error day after day. I can't request a credit for a missing stay. Is there a common issue or it's just with my account?
It's been this way for ages. I suspect it is permanently broken. Which pisses me off too, since I don't have time to be chasing these things by phone, especially after wasting time going through the whole online process, to no avail.

Cheers,
Old Jul 4, 2015, 3:08 am

Programs: AMEX Plat / AY Plat, BA GGL-CCR / Bonvoy Titanium (LTP)
I'm trying to book a Z3R stay for March 2016, but no success.
If I go to https://www.starwoodhotels.com/promo...egory=GENDRE_R the result is

Code:
JSP Processing Error

HTTP Error Code:   500

Error Message:
JSPG0227E: Exception caught while translating /promotions/search/results.jsp:  
/promotions/search/results.jsp(59,13) --> JSPG0122E: Unable to parse EL function ${starwoodencoder:encodeForHTMLAttribute(promoCode}.
Root Cause:
com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.JspTranslationException: JSPG0227E: Exception caught while translating /promotions/search/results.jsp:  
/promotions/search/results.jsp(59,13) --> JSPG0122E: Unable to parse EL function ${starwoodencoder:encodeForHTMLAttribute(promoCode}.
If I enter the promo code on spg.com rate preferences I get all the way to completing the reservation and then:

Code:
We're Sorry
The system is temporarily unavailable. For assistance, please call 866-500-8320 in the U.S. or Canada. Residents of all other countries, please see our Worldwide Reservations Offices .

Thank you. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Platinum chat did not really understand my problem, but asked for a link I was using... Then said:
It seems that rates for 2016 are not uploaded yet as hotels update their offers on a quarterly basis.
And hung up (!)
Old Jul 4, 2015, 2:11 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
spg.com infected with Splicers Disease .....

Showing on my spg.com homepage today :

Is there a vacancy for a website proofreader ?

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Jul 5, 2015 at 7:16 am
Old Jul 4, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Showing on my spg.com homepage today :

Something is definitely wrong with their website... I'm seeing tons of Select Member Exclusives (see here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ine-offer.html)

All of which are already over
Old Jul 4, 2015, 9:28 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Received voice pass invitation. Updating my information turned into a DISASTER:

1. Phantom phone number added. Can't remove ("54637672").
2. Using my iPhone, it tried to clear half of my information, replace my email address with garbage, and put a random number in "voice PIN".

This happens. Every. Single. Time.

What a piece of @#$&*&!@#(
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:06 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Bit of a glitch to fix :

I used the Change Reservation function to add some text to the "Other Requests" box. As soon as I saved this update, I received the "We noticed an update to the stay preferences on your SPG® profile" email.

It seems this was triggered by the "Save these for my next booking" option, which is on the reservation preferences and checked by default. This hasn't been programmed to understand that updating only the "Other Requests" field on the reservation, without changing anything else, isn't a profile update.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:55 am
Formally known as reinmedia

Programs: AA EXP | EX UA 1K | Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by friendly45
I'm getting the report missing credit error as well. I called-in but the agents haven't been very helpful in resolving my issue or crediting my stay. It's pretty frustrating.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 9:18 am

Issues with SPG website?

Are others having issues logging in to the SPG site today?

Thanks
Old Aug 24, 2015, 9:26 am

Yesterday I received a notification from the app that I had a stay coming up...despite the fact that the referenced reservation was cancelled several months ago. Also re-received some text notifications about linking Caesars account, which happened months ago.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by exarkun

Thanks
Not here. Just booked a room around the time your posted this.

Cheers,
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: Trying my best to love Le Club Accor (Gold)
No issues when try to log in.
But I have problems posting reviews for individual hotels after a stay, it says not currently available. This happened since July..
Old Aug 26, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by trouble747
Yesterday I received a notification from the app that I had a stay coming up...despite the fact that the referenced reservation was cancelled several months ago. Also re-received some text notifications about linking Caesars account, which happened months ago.
this seems to be a bug in the app....i get this all the time, even for reservations i've cancelled long ago....
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by exarkun

Thanks
I can log in just fine as I've done it many many times today, but spg.com isn't holding my login. If I try to go back (for example to search results or to a hotel's homepage) or even in the time it takes me to read a few sentences and click on something, I'm automatically logged out of my account. Very frustrating.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I can't see half of my reservations! When I click on the Send Confirmation which usually fixes this, I receive the confirmation, but still can't see my reservation on line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.