Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

spg.com website down / broken / issues / login problems ? Post Here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Starwood Lurker
If you're here, you are obviously experiencing some issues with the web site. Our apologies for any inconvenience. We have an interest in giving you the best web experience possible, so here are some tips on how to get any problems resolved:

First of all, the web assistance team has this suggestion for you:

"We first suggest the normal steps of clearing their cache (temporary files) and cookies, then log out of their Starwood Preferred Guest account online, then close all browser windows before trying again. Please note that clearing cookies may also remove any stored passwords in the browser.

It is important for them to log out to ensure no bad/old data is saved and so that the online account has a chance to refresh.

Also note that cache and cookies are 2 different things. The cache memory is what remembers old content for faster page loading and may cause errors after updates. Cookies are mostly only meant for tracking during the current session. Both can still remember old errors that may have existed in the browser."

You should also be aware that being on a VPN sometimes interferes with your browsing experience. Try browsing without being on VPN and see if this fixes the issue.

If this does not resolve your issue, you can you can send an email to [email protected] along with any screenshots leading up to and including the error message.

It also helps if you include the following information in your email:

-What browser(s) have you tried? Is the issue happening over multiple browsers or just one?
-Are you using a desktop/laptop or a mobile device?
-If you are using mobile device does this issue persist when on a desktop/laptop?

Once we have this information, we can forward it on to the web assistance team for further review, so please be as complete as possible.

If you are having an issue with any of the SPG apps, you can send the following information directly to the SPG App team at [email protected]:

-What device and operating system are you using?
-What version of our app do you have installed?
-What is the problem you have encountered?
Print Wikipost

spg.com website down / broken / issues / login problems ? Post Here!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2005, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by goheelswks
however, to echo the many on this site who are aggravated with the starwood site: i tried the starwood.com and sheraton.com sites to try and book my parents a place in NYC (using $$$, not spg pts) and i kept getting an error message. very frustrating.
But unless you give more details of the problem, it is very unlikely that either Starwood or anyone on FT will be able to help you.

I think that is one of the problems of maintaining and fixing a site like this. Those who experience problems are, unfortunately, either unable or unwilling to clearly describe those problems.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 5:37 pm

Programs: Amex Plat; IHG Spire Elite; AZ Freccia Alata, SPG Gold; ClubCarlson Gold; Accor Plat; BA Bronze.
spg.com --> Redirect issue?

http://www.spg.com

attempts to redirect to:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/

which has been down for DAYS (and I'll be getting my 500 points for telephone booking, I hope!)

In reality, it should be redirecting to:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/index.html

Someone needs to update that (I could tell you exactly what the problem is, if you like - I'm a software tester by profession!)

...This has been driving me batty!
Old Jan 31, 2005, 6:10 pm

Programs: Amex Plat; IHG Spire Elite; AZ Freccia Alata, SPG Gold; ClubCarlson Gold; Accor Plat; BA Bronze.
...did I mention that I'm a software tester?

Okay, I could really go to town with this site. I've identified a potential (low-risk) security hole, as well as an annoying defect that emails me many confirmations if I use my Browser's back buttons after requesting a replacement card.

Both of these (minor) defects reflect poor coding practices that indicate potential exploits...
Old Feb 1, 2005, 9:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, *wood Plat
Trying to Book Hotel 15 months in advance - Wrong!!

I am trying to make a reservation for two rooms in STL for May 2006 (College Grad). The hotel books fast. However whenever I go to web site I get no rooms available. PLT desk said it should be up but it's not. I was able to book it through PLT but at the rack rate. For two rooms for 5 days that's pretty costly. Trying to get a better "Best Available".

Does anyone know how far in advance you can make a reservation?
Old Feb 13, 2005, 5:30 pm
21D

Programs: AA/SPG/Hertz Gold HH/HPSilver
I am trying to sign up for a SPG card with a link from AARP. https://www.starwood.com/preferredgu...tml?pcode=AARP

I have tried both my Mac and PC. Three differnt browsers, two different networks with no joy.

I could just call but that would be to easy.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 10:36 am

Programs: LH FTL, EK Gold, AMEX Centurion, . HH Diamond, Ambassador Platinum,Sixt Diamond
I am trying to book online SPG Award for the Westin Tokyo for April 14 -19. While the normal booking site shows availability for booking normal rates, it doesn't let me book any Award nights. It is not only limited to April but also to other months such February,July and September 2005 which I tried to verfigy that there is really a technical problem. The Sheraton Bay and Towers in Tokyo has also these problems, whereas it is possible to book an award for the Yokohama Sheraton Hotel and Towers. Curiously I was able to book award nights for the Westin Miyako in Kyoto in April which is much more difficult to book. it seems that there is really a technical problem
Old Feb 18, 2005, 10:21 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/promot...=FEB_05_ES_P09

Tried booking for this weekend - completed all of the fields. Frozen panes - reset cookies/refresh - did it again - again - frozen - unable to proceed. Not sure how spg can send out emails to customers and then the website they direct a person to doesn't work.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 5:06 pm
aku

Programs: UA 1MM, Marr/SPG LT Plat, HH Gold, IC Amb, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5*, BW LT Diam
Lost function (criteria) in the city search

Last year, when I did a search for all hotels near a city (say, San Francisco), I was able to specify a rate plan (such as AAA), smoking/non-smoking preference, and bed type. The results showed rates for all hotels that matched my criteria. Now, I can only specify those criteria when I get to an individual hotel. Here's the impact on one person: Last night I went through the site to find the best rates in the SF area in March. A few months ago, that would have taken me 10-15 minutes. Last night it took an hour and a half. I realize that the search function is one of the biggest cycle-burners for web sites, and that the current situation makes it possible for a really determined person to find rates that others don't--but is that really the way things should work?

Can somebody please bring back the additional criteria for a search by city--or tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Old Mar 12, 2005, 4:01 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
"More null Offers"

Clicked on "member offers" today. Guess there aren't any - got the "browse offers by interest page." No more 'members" button - at the bottem it says, "More null Offers."

Guess they have a little bug.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 12:57 pm

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
Arrival and departure date cannot be on the same day.

try to book 1 night in berlin arrive 27/3 depart 28/3 and got this error message : "Arrival and departure date cannot be on the same day"
Old Mar 26, 2005, 1:11 am

Rate problems

I can ONLY get rates for my corporate rate code that is in my profile. If I am logged in, it only will display the corporate rate. If I delete the rate code, change the type to "AAA" or blank, and even change it from "Business" to "Leisure" it errors out. It is very frustrating. I have no idea what the "best rate" or "AAA" rate is unless I phone in.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by lesleylane
I can ONLY get rates for my corporate rate code that is in my profile. If I am logged in, it only will display the corporate rate. If I delete the rate code, change the type to "AAA" or blank, and even change it from "Business" to "Leisure" it errors out. It is very frustrating. I have no idea what the "best rate" or "AAA" rate is unless I phone in.
But if all else fails, you can log out, and you should be able to see the other rates when you do that. So why do you say that you have to phone in to find out what the other rates are?

Of course, I could understand if you said that you have to phone for reservations at other rates. But you should be able to at least find out the other rates online if you log out.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 8:47 pm

Expired website certificate?

Just made a reservation via the SPG.com website and after receiving the confirmation page with my reservation #, got a browser warning with an invalid certificate from the site.

Viewing the certificate details, it was issued to booking.upcomingmeeting.com and appears to have a valid date of 3/19/2004 to 3/20/2005.

Anyone else getting this?
Old Mar 31, 2005, 12:41 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Anyone else having problems accessing any *wood site today (3/31/05)? I am getting an "Object Not Found Error"
Old Mar 31, 2005, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA,HP,MP,DL,SPG, MR
Yes, thought it was me, but nothing "starwood" is working at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.