Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers, East Java, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers, East Java, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Old Jan 22, 2007, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Platinum, HH Blue, SPG PLatinum
Arrow Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers, East Java, Indonesia [Master Thread]

I stayed one night at this property, booked the cheapest rate (handicap room), US$84 incl sc and taxes, was upgraded to huge suite in the Towers part of the hotel, which doubles as an apartment tower. The room was nice, two full bathrooms, two tv's etc, welcome fruit basket and chocolates, however, outside the suite door, terrible garbage smell, suspect a rubbish shoot for the apartmeent owners. Executive lounge on Level 25, breafast ok, evening drinks and snacks limited, beer wine and spirits, open from 5-8pm, bowever, lounge is 24hs, free wirelsss internet as well as one computer terminal. staff helpful.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 7:09 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Sounds like it's well worth staying there then, especially for those that have status. I'll be passing through Surabaya for a few days in a few months, so looks like it's a decent option (fortunately I don't have a great sense of smell, so that might assist me too ). ^
Old Jan 24, 2007, 5:43 pm

Programs: CO plat, BR gold, SPG gold
This is where I usually stay in Surabaya. I like it allot. Especially if you are lucky enough to get upgraded to the towers. The staff is fantastic too. (although, set mode=heresy, if you only get upgraded to a SPG room,,,, I like the rooms at the Marriott a little better) You forgot to mention Sheraton Surabaya is also directly attached to Tunjungan Plaza which makes the location incredibly convenient. In fact, that location is one of the biggest selling factors to me. Alas, it is rated 5*. I like it allot and all, but to be fair I can't quite give it that 5th star. Not compared to other 5* Sheraton's I have stayed at. 4 1/2 maybe but not quite 5, based mainly on the smallish standard rooms. But for the price, how can you complain.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 1:34 am

I stayed at this hotel in August and I was not very impressed. I wasn't given an SPG prefered room at check-in and had to call back down to request a change of room.

As well the complimentry morning newspaper arrived at 2pm after 5 different phone calls requesting it and the room service was below average for an Indonesia Sheraton.

On the plus side the location is good and the pool area is nice.

In Surabaya I would highly reccommend the Majapahit hotel. It's very grand and historic and the service is excellent. It's also cheaper than the Sheraton.
I haven't stayed there since it left the Mandarin-Oriental chain however.

Other than the Majapahit The Hyatt is also a better hotel than the Sheraton.

Last edited by camsean; Aug 24, 2007 at 8:42 pm
Old Aug 24, 2007, 5:33 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
I was pleased with my stay at the Sheraton Surabaya, as an SPG Gold was upgraded to a Deluxe Corner Room which was quite spacious. Decor was a little dated, but overall was well maintained. As others have said, it's connected to Tunjungan Plaza, which is very convinient (anything that saves you from having to hit the road in Surabaya is a bonus ). The gym was large with a good selection of equipment and the pool was good too.

Staff were universally friendly here too, very welcoming in all areas. If I was returning to Surabaya I'd certainly be happy to stay at the Sheraton again.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by camsean
I stayed at this hotel in August and I was not very impressed. I wasn't given an SPG prefered room at check-in and had to call back down to request a change of room.

As well the complimentry morning newspaper arrived at 2pm after 5 different phone calls requesting it and the room service was below average for an Indonesia Sheraton.

On the plus side the location is good and the pool area is nice.

In Surabaya I would highly reccommend the Majapahit hotel. It's very grand and historic and the service is excellent. It's also cheaper than the Sheraton.
I haven't stayed there since it left the Mandarin-Oriental chain however.

Other than the Majahpahit The Hyatt is also a better hotel than the Sheraton.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 10:42 pm

Programs: SPG, NWA, etc.
Thumbs up Loved this hotel

I stayed at the Sheraton Surabaya for 3 nights last week and really enjoyed this hotel. I have previously stayed at the JW Marriott but switched to the Sheraton b/c of my platinum status for 2009.

This was my second stay as a plat member.

I received a nice room on the 24th floor. Though not a towers room, it had excellent views of the city and was a clean and modern room.

The hotel staff was excellent and great service is a trademark of this hotel.

The VIP lounge on the 25th floor was fun and has a good selection of beverages (beer, wine, spirits) and nice snacks daily. The breakfast each morning was fast, hot and filling. There is a nice TV with movies and sports, free wireless internet and also a computer terminal with free printing in the lounge also.

Pool area is nice, including a swim-up bar with good frozen drinks. The sauna and fitness area is clean and acceptable.

Location of this hotel is the best in Surabaya as it is right next to the major shopping mall in Surabaya and between the hotel and the mall there is unlimited number of restaurant choices. The hotel is also nearby to some good nightclubs including Blowfish and others.

The local amenity gift was a good wooden mask which looks Balinese. They had about 15 different masks to choose from.

I will be staying again this week for another 3 nights and am looking forward to returning.
Enjoy.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 6:55 am

Programs: SPG, NWA, etc.
Thumbs up Back in Surabaya

I'm back at Sheraton Surabaya this week for another 3 nights.
This time got upgraded at check-in to a Towers Room which are newly redone.

Very nice room, would be called a 'suite' at other properties.

Great service, good people and a nice spread and cocktail 3hours in the evening.

I love this place.
Good job Starwood!
Old Feb 13, 2009, 5:27 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
Yeah, love this property too. The renovated rooms are superb, although pre-renovations I always got a massive suite.

New rooms preferred to old suites, but how about a nice Towers Suite next time? ^

I reckon I was the fellow who had drinks at the lounge with workmanja, fun was certainly had.

But I wonder if anybody pays for Towers here...
Old Sep 4, 2009, 2:29 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Any current updates to this property?
Old Sep 6, 2009, 9:34 pm

I returned to this hotel to this hotel in June reluctantly after a previous very poor stay.

Howvever, I really pleased with improvments made by a new GM. Service is now of the level you would expect at a Starwood hotel and as a Gold I was given a one category upgrade to a recently renovated room which featured a large LCD TV. I would now recommend this hotel without hestitation, although the Majapahit is still the city's hotel gem.

Last edited by camsean; Sep 6, 2009 at 9:50 pm Reason: typo
Old Sep 7, 2009, 7:05 pm

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by GB
Any current updates to this property?
Just got back from Sheraton Surabaya, and have stayed there about 10x. They offered a tower room. The last few times I stayed at the hotel, they seem rather reluctant to give me Suite. Got to insist on a suite, before they grudgingly give you the room. Quite a pain though, having to always ask for a suite.

The Shangri-la Surabaya is a really nice hotel.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i guess not much would have changed between september & now but any recent reviews would be great....have 2 nights booked here for may....
Old Apr 10, 2011, 1:25 am
Suspended

Cant complain about the rooms, the facilities nor the location.

Only that they allow smoking in the exec lounge & indoor restaurant, when many coffee places in the mall next door have separate smoking rooms .......
Old Feb 5, 2012, 6:28 am

Programs: SPG Platinum. Hilton Gold. IHG PA. Accor Platinum
Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers. Indonesia

Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers

Stay Period - 2010.7.11 ~ 2010.7.14
Room - Tower Deluxe Room

- Normal room condition
- Platinum Benefit is a breakfast and Happy Hour
- Smoking permitted in the entire hotel (Lobby. Restaurants, etc)
- Hotel Spa is available in my room (Very cheap) ^^^^^
- The hotel is located next a large shopping mall ^

Approximately 100 photos and the reviews written in Korean
To see the reviews you need a very fast internet speeds

Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers - Tower Deluxe Room

Last edited by StationaryTraveller; Feb 11, 2012 at 12:37 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.