Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Austin Hotel at the Capitol, Austin, TX [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Austin Hotel at the Capitol, Austin, TX [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2009, 3:40 pm

Programs: CO-PLT,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, AA ex Platinum, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by singtx
I have stayed the Hilton (both). I switched due to the renovation and being Starwoods in Austin. I liked the overall property and may use it again. Thanks for the suggestion of the Hilton. Im hoping for a Westin...not too keen on the W prices for an Austin Location!

Happy Travels.

San Antonio Sheraton Gunther in MAY for a few days!!
Dallas Joule in March!
Singtx,

Have you stayed at the Gunter before? For not much more $$$$ the Westin is tons better.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 6:10 am

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
Spineangel,

Stay at both frequently...I like Houston street...San Antonio is redeveloping this street...good for foodies and drinks. In fact I place most family/friends visiting at the Westin or Hotel Valencia (across from Gunther)

thanks for the suggestion...I wish SPG had one or two more options downtown (not in the future, but now) as well as in Austin.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 2:12 pm

Unhappy Sheraton sold out May23-25???

What's going on weekend of May 23 -25? Other than the Austin Wine Festival i couldnt figure out what was going on for the Sheraton to have no rooms available? Any help? Plus the AWF is at the Domain!

thanks for the help!
Old Mar 12, 2009, 2:21 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
What's going on weekend of May 23 -25? Other than the Austin Wine Festival i couldnt figure out what was going on for the Sheraton to have no rooms available? Any help? Plus the AWF is at the Domain!

thanks for the help!
Are you talking about May 23 - 25 2009? If so, it is wide open everywhere I look...Customer Contact Center side as well as the internet.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 12, 2009, 4:20 pm

Yes, 2009...I just checked again and it states "Sorry, for the dates you selected, this payment option isn't available."
The moment I hit Find Now it shows this and has shown this the past several times I looked. I guess I will call??!!

I even went to the Sheraton site and it shows unavailable...

Last edited by singtx; Mar 12, 2009 at 4:22 pm Reason: update
Old Mar 12, 2009, 4:23 pm

Yes, 2009...I just checked again and it states "Sorry, for the dates you selected, this payment option isn't available."
he moment I hit Find Now it shows this and has shown this the past several times I looked. I guess I will call??!!
You might want to clear your cache then, because it's coming up for me online everytime I check it and I've done so several times now. Just a suggestion.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Mar 13, 2009, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
You might want to clear your cache then, because it's coming up for me online everytime I check it and I've done so several times now. Just a suggestion.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
OK William,

I'm at work, cleared my computer and it still comes up with the same message. I've made reservations online...so I would like to assume Im not stupid. I will just have to call this one in. FYI...when I change it +/- one day it shows availability??!! So I am not sure what I am doing wrong! I do appreciate your help as always.
txrules!
Old Mar 13, 2009, 7:38 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I'm having no problem seeing both paid and points availability for your dates. In fact, I will be staying there at that time as well on a C&P award (though I did have to add one day to see the C&P award online.)
Old May 19, 2009, 1:27 pm

Unhappy ACL price hike??

Why...Oh...Why did the Sheraton hike the prices to 220++ for the weekend of Oct 2-4. I was looking to stay here but at that price point I will not. Is this because of ACL or some other reason?
Old May 19, 2009, 2:00 pm

...Is this because of ACL or some other reason?
If I had to venture a guess, I would say it is because of ACL.

ACL Music Festival is a three-day, eight stage event happening October 2-4, 2009 with 130 bands like Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews Band, Beastie Boys, and more.

This is an open date for UT football.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old May 20, 2009, 12:12 am

thanks for the help!
I've been told it's UT's graduation this weekend by my friend in Austin
Old May 20, 2009, 5:58 am

ACL rocks! im going Fri and Sat...if I can find a hotel room!
I hope the Sheraton adjusts their prices somewhat!

Thanks for confirming William!
Old Aug 13, 2009, 5:40 pm

traditional versus superior

Does anyone know the difference between the Traditional and Superior...I couldn't find anything on the site. Appreciate the help.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K,SPG Plat,
Underwhelming

Stayed here two nights ago, and I was wholly underwhelmed. At check in, the desk guy asked if I wanted the Plat points as my amenity, and sent me on my way. No word on any upgrade, no offer of the lounge hours. Got to my room and found it was a renovated room on the 11th, but nothing special, unless you enjoy the view of I-35. The one thing I noticed was that I had soap, shampoo and conditioner, and nothing else.

I spent most of the night visiting friends, so it didn't really matter, but on checkout, I asked about lounge access, and was told "you should have been told about that at check in."

For the money I spent, I should have stayed with my friends for the night, and taken them all to dinner instead.

If I stay there again, I will be sure to ask for everything up front, even though I shouldn't have to.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 8:44 pm

Programs: CO-PLT,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, AA ex Platinum, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by UALfromMSN
Stayed here two nights ago, and I was wholly underwhelmed. At check in, the desk guy asked if I wanted the Plat points as my amenity, and sent me on my way. No word on any upgrade, no offer of the lounge hours. Got to my room and found it was a renovated room on the 11th, but nothing special, unless you enjoy the view of I-35. The one thing I noticed was that I had soap, shampoo and conditioner, and nothing else.

I spent most of the night visiting friends, so it didn't really matter, but on checkout, I asked about lounge access, and was told "you should have been told about that at check in."

For the money I spent, I should have stayed with my friends for the night, and taken them all to dinner instead.

If I stay there again, I will be sure to ask for everything up front, even though I shouldn't have to.
I have now switched to the downtown Hilton, when I visit Austin. TONS better, and better room upgrades, bar, restuarant and service. Even though I am losing Starwood points, to me the Hilton there is one of the best Hiltons I have stayed at, and well worth the Starwood point sacrifice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.