Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Delhi [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2016, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
Originally Posted by Flews
Interesting how the article cites £50,000 more damage to the vehicle than the article states the vehicle is worth.

Cheers,
I suspect it wasn't only the Lambo's damage, but the other cars and property as well. But, indeed foolish to drive such a car in India. Was it Jeremy Clarkson by any chance?

The video was déjà vu for me, having retrieved a car there for a solo 10 day venture in India where I drove myself the entire time. I remember sitting in the driveway, stealing the nerve to head out to the streets.

The hotel itself was a great stay, throughly enjoyed the club room, very nice appetizers at night and a full breakfast buffet in the morning. The room was also nicely appointed with a spacious bathroom including a massive tub. It was one of the nicest SPG properties I stayed at on this trip, especially compared to the Le Meridien Jaipur.

Last edited by transportbiz; Jan 1, 2016 at 6:37 pm
Old Jan 2, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Stayed here in late September 2015. Advantage: Good Plat recognition with upgrade to a large suite (comes with a full price tax boost in my spg stay, unfortunately). Disadvantage: Lounge is so so and food for evening is very limited, one modest (both quality and quantity) hot entry per person has to be ordered.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by josep
So, i guess the ITC Maruya is a better choice? Do they have good recognition for Elite members there??
They both have decent recognition for Platinum guests, in my experience (granted, only one stay at the LM and many at the ITC). I prefer the ITC but you should definitely take into account where you need to be in Delhi - traffic can be atrocious. Much of our work is in Gurgaon, most of my colleagues stay at the Westin there now and tend to like it.

When I'm in India, quality of hotel food is important. I found the LM to have some of the worst food of any of the US/European chain hotels I've stayed at in any major Indian city.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA gold, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I have a trip booked there as SPG gold in March. I have booked a club room and it includes airport transfers. The reservation makes no reference to how to reserve the transfer, or do you just call when you arrive? Also, what is the club like at that property?
Old Feb 17, 2016, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Wonderboynyc
I have a trip booked there as SPG gold in March. I have booked a club room and it includes airport transfers. The reservation makes no reference to how to reserve the transfer, or do you just call when you arrive? Also, what is the club like at that property?
email the property in advance & let them know your flight details....
Old Feb 18, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: UA gold, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
email the property in advance & let them know your flight details....
Thank you. Will do.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by Wonderboynyc
Also, what is the club like at that property?
Worthless club... Minimal snacks... Occasionally they will offer chicken nuggets or dim sum in the evening. Sitting in it right now. I'm normally a Marriott person but given the pending merger thought I'd try out the Le Meridien. Compared to Marriott international lounges, this just isn't worth a plugged nickel.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by DL-Don
Worthless club... Minimal snacks... Occasionally they will offer chicken nuggets or dim sum in the evening. Sitting in it right now. I'm normally a Marriott person but given the pending merger thought I'd try out the Le Meridien. Compared to Marriott international lounges, this just isn't worth a plugged nickel.
as of a couple of weeks ago their new lounge was still under construction/renovation....if you are referring to their temporary lounge then you are right, its nothing to write home about....
Old Apr 9, 2017, 2:41 am

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Keyser
as of a couple of weeks ago their new lounge was still under construction/renovation....if you are referring to their temporary lounge then you are right, its nothing to write home about....
Any more recent update of the lounge? I am a SPG Gold, not expecting any upgrade so wondering if worth paying the upgrade to the club room. thanks for updates.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by wendySFO
Any more recent update of the lounge? I am a SPG Gold, not expecting any upgrade so wondering if worth paying the upgrade to the club room. thanks for updates.
The lounge is nice relative to American hotels. But I would say its average for Asia. So depends on what you are expecting. Personally, I would not pay to upgrade as quality food is relatively inexpensive in India (provided you eat outside the hotel).
Old Apr 11, 2017, 5:51 am

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by zakami
The lounge is nice relative to American hotels. But I would say its average for Asia. So depends on what you are expecting. Personally, I would not pay to upgrade as quality food is relatively inexpensive in India (provided you eat outside the hotel).
Thanks zakami for your thoughts. I got a quote for upgrade from Executive room (basic room) to Club room, it is as much as the rate of the Executive room. Club access is nice but not worth that much to me.
Old May 4, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
heading here for 2 night the end of June... and excited for got a great rate of basically 100 bucks a night with taxes.

anyone use their airport car service?
Old May 12, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by schley
heading here for 2 night the end of June... and excited for got a great rate of basically 100 bucks a night with taxes.

anyone use their airport car service?
Here currently. Booked a club room and which included free roundtrip transfer. The car is a modern Toyota SUV equipped with cold towels, water and wifi. As the trip takes around 45mins each way I would recommend it vs. regular taxis. The only con is that you have to walk all the way to the parking hall with the driver when you arrive but it's only about 5 mins away from the terminal.
Old May 15, 2017, 1:37 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Review: May 2017

Hi,

Stayed at this property on 2 separate 1 night stay. 1 paid night and the 2nd one, cash+points.

Location: Close to 2 metro stations - Janapath and Central Secretariat. On arrival, took the Delhi Traffic Police taxi for 450 INR to the hotel (would not recommend this as their cars from what I noticed - on the old side. The one I had was terrible, A/C practically useless and driver had to ask around for direction to the hotel). On the way back to the airport, I took a taxi to the Shiravaji stadium metro to catch the train to the airport - this was fast and easy. You can do a downtown check-in at the metro station (only for JetAirways and Air India). Close to Connaught Place and the India Gate (20 -30 mins by foot).

Check-in: Upon arrival, the check-in area was busy, had to wait a few mins to be helped. As soon as it was my turn and mentioned my name, I was greeted warmly and welcomed as a Plat member. I was immediately brought by another associate to complete my check-in in my upgraded Suite. (Bags were brought up by the bellboy).

Room: Was upgraded to the "White" themed suite. Room was inviting with lots of sunlight and spacious. The living room was really spacious and modern. Bedroom was nicely decorated with a writing desk and a tv on it's own tv stand. Again very airy and light due to the large floor to ceiling window. View was towards the Indian parliament and the surrounding area.
Bed was very comfortable. Internet speed was on average ok - only limitation is that you can connect 3 devices max at any time. (you can logoff one device and log onto another if you need more than 3 connection separately).

Bathroom: Again, large and spacious with different sub-divided rooms for shower, toilet and a bathtub - with a view. Good water pressure and temperature adjustment.

Breakfast: Had this at the lounge, which was more than sufficient with a good Indian and western options. Friendly and attentive staff.

Executive lounge: For eligible guests, the lounge "hangs" in the middle of the hotel interior. Very good selection of food for the different time of the days including the evening happy hour. Friendly staff. Only thing is that it can get busy especially towards the evening. The lighting could be improved to make the place slightly more welcoming as currently it is really like some night club.

Staff: In general all the staff were friendly and helpful. The duty manager was especially very friendly and always ready to help.

General: A very good hotel close to the main attraction points in Delhi. It is a good hotel for both business and the leisure traveler. The pool is rather unique, although the temperature (relative) was on the colder side (~ 25 deg C). The pool area had a view towards the Parliment and the surrounding high rises. The hotel seems to be trying to keep up with times from interior deco point of view which I believe they succeeded. Only a minor negative is the lift, it does not seem to be able to cope with the number of users especially during peak times where you might have to wait close to 5 mins or slightly longer. (they do have Tom&Jerry playing to keep you entertained).
Will surely return to this property if I am in the area.

Elite benefits: As a Plat, I was upgraded on both separate occasion to a suite. Welcome gift in the room includes, nuts, chocs, fruits and a bottle of wine. For me this hotel is very good in Elite recognition.

Cheers!
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Had a 2 night stay here a couple days ago and was happy with the stay overall. Was upgraded and selected the cashmere scarf as my welcome amenity, which was well worth more than 500 points IMO. Had a small odor in a presentation case, but removed the scarf from it and after airing out was fine. I suggest getting this as a rare good value for a welcome gift.

Room was nice and fairly spacious. 2 bathrooms, Large bathroom, although no AC in teh bathroom FYI. An odd occurance for sure, also there is no towel hangar by the shower it is for your robe and a 2nd hook would be welcomed.
I did enjoy the cashews/walnuts upon entering and didn't touch the wine however. The mini bar was located in an inaccesbile rolling drawer, which couldn't move due to the door limited pivot. A design flaw.

Bedding was nice, although the pillows were not uniform and I believe to be a little weathered. The AC again couldn't get below 21 C which I like around 19-20 but small issue. Lounge is underwhelming IMO, below average, although lounges aren't compulsory at LM. Not many food offerings for the breakfast, omelette station didn't have ham/bacon. There were no waffles and only mango pancakes. The OJ I think was tangerine, and certainly not OJ. The layout was cold with tile floors and not a cozy atmosphere with no view due to it being totally inside the hotel.

The rooms had an old lighting control console, that doesn't backlight so you have no idea what you are touching. Update that at the very least please. The bathrooms are nice, but walls showed alittle wear and more artwork can help IMO.

Common areas are updated well and maintained above average. Great location as others have mentioned. Obama/Clinton have stayed when they visit India I was told due to location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.