Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2009, 11:41 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
I had also a pleasant stay in the Le Méridien Vienna though I prefer the old-style atmosphere in the Imperial or Bristol.
Location is excellent: walking distance to the city centre or next metro stop is short. The room and bathroom were new. The bathroom had a shiny green colour and was funky. I had the same problem as already mentioned by snarkleupagus: water pours into the bathroom as there is no door to separate the shower. Wellness center is nice but small. The pictures are from last November.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 1:28 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Hi! I have booked 2 rooms there in mine and my wife's names (I'm Platinum and she is Gold) using points & cash for 3 nights. My mother (whose birthday is during this stay) is checking in first. Do you thing upgrade to a suite is realistic? Did anyone stayed there recently?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 1:39 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
My Experience has been Plat Upgrades are best negotiated by the Plat themselves unless upgraded prior to arrival (which was my experience when staying here) You might want to contact the hotel directly and ask about a prearrival upgrade...

ymmv of course.

sdcarver
Old Jun 9, 2010, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by LH738
I had also a pleasant stay in the Le Méridien Vienna though I prefer the old-style atmosphere in the Imperial or Bristol.
Location is excellent: walking distance to the city centre or next metro stop is short. The room and bathroom were new. The bathroom had a shiny green colour and was funky. I had the same problem as already mentioned by snarkleupagus: water pours into the bathroom as there is no door to separate the shower. Wellness center is nice but small. The pictures are from last November.
I ended up rolling up a towel to make a water barrier for the shower and had good luck with the bathroom floor staying dry when I stayed here last.

I just looked back in my notes and we stayed in the same room you did about a 1 1/2 years ago.
sdcarver
Old Jun 9, 2010, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by sdcarver
My Experience has been Plat Upgrades are best negotiated by the Plat themselves unless upgraded prior to arrival (which was my experience when staying here) You might want to contact the hotel directly and ask about a prearrival upgrade...

ymmv of course.

sdcarver
Thanks! I emailed them and they said no prearrival upgrade is possible, but they have requested "a very nice upgrade" for me. I told them that i will arrive later then my mom. Also, when is the earliest check in and latest check out in this hotel? Is minibar still free?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by al613
Thanks! I emailed them and they said no prearrival upgrade is possible, but they have requested "a very nice upgrade" for me. I told them that i will arrive later then my mom. Also, when is the earliest check in and latest check out in this hotel? Is minibar still free?
It was when I stayed about 1 1/2 years ago--very simple; water, soda and beer restocked each day. You might want to email the hotel to verify.

sdcarver
Old Jun 9, 2010, 5:46 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
I was there twice in the last month. Both times, a suite upgrade. They have excellent Plat recognition.

Yes, minibar still free. 2 bottles of water (gas/still), 2 Cokes (regular/diet), apple juice, OJ, and some kind of non-alcoholic beer. Not sure about the last one as I didn't bother to try it.

As for the shower, in the suites, there certainly is a door. No problems about getting the ground wet.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by sdcarver
It was when I stayed about 1 1/2 years ago--very simple water, soda and beer restocked each day. You might want to email the hotel to verify.

sdcarver

Thanks!
Old Jun 10, 2010, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Braindrain
As for the shower, in the suites, there certainly is a door. No problems about getting the ground wet.
This depends on the particular room I do believe- I have had both (door and no door).
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
This depends on the particular room I do believe- I have had both (door and no door).
My experience there was no door from shower to bathroom. There was a door from Bathroom to Room though.

sdcarver
Old Jul 3, 2010, 11:38 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Braindrain
I was there twice in the last month. Both times, a suite upgrade. They have excellent Plat recognition.

Yes, minibar still free. 2 bottles of water (gas/still), 2 Cokes (regular/diet), apple juice, OJ, and some kind of non-alcoholic beer. Not sure about the last one as I didn't bother to try it.

The minibar is a bonus as I recently read this. Are there any snacks or candy bars complimentary in the minibar? Alcohol?

I have booked 3 rooms for middle of September for 2 nights on my corporate rate of 188 euro a.i. which I was thrilled with. However having trouble getting the right bedding preferences. I emailed hotel and they said they didn't have access to the 188 rate, but offered a 197 rate. I went ahead and booked my rate as it can be canceled anyway.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 11:51 am
Community Director Emerita

Is it possible to easily use public transport from the airport to get to this hotel?

If I take the train to town, when I exit the train, what is my next step? Is there a tram that goes between the train station and the hotel? If the price of the tram ticket included in the cost of the train ticket?
Old Jul 8, 2010, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Is it possible to easily use public transport from the airport to get to this hotel?

If I take the train to town, when I exit the train, what is my next step? Is there a tram that goes between the train station and the hotel? If the price of the tram ticket included in the cost of the train ticket?
1 there are 2 types of train tkts 1 is for the CAT which is non-stop and expensive , the 2nd is for the slow train that runs on the exact same tracks as the CAT but is alot cheaper and takes all of 16 mins longer! due to apx 6 stops

if you opt for the slow train (thats what I only take) you have 2 choices 1- ride it to Mitte Wien (1 of the main train stations) then walk to the Ringstrasse and jump on a tram heading to your left when looking at the Ringas you were walking. Or get off the train at Renweg and grab a tram to the Ring and then another going left on the Ring if yurs doesnt. (actually this stop by the Ring is Perfect if staying at The Imperial which is right around the corner from this tram stop.

I think the walk to the trams will be less by Renweg but it may be more convient to take the train to Mitte and walk over the long block to The Ring. I think you need to get off by The Hofburg for the LeM, then once off the tram cross over the Ringstrasse to the otehr side (assuming when on the tram you were going to your left, if you see the River out of the window on your right then just be patient as you are heading the wrong way but I believe they still do a circle there was talk of ending the circle route

and yes buying the slow train tkt allowed me access for the next few hrs of all transport in the city. Then again its not Eastern Europe = theres an Honor system and hardly ever are checks carried out on the subway or trams
Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:30 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K

Actually, taking the CAT is super convenient and cheap (compared to taxis). Once you get to the CAT terminal, it's quite easy to use the underground metro. The CAT station is at Landstrasse (junction of U3 and U4) and you can take the U4 to Karlsplatz to get to the Opera House, which is a block away from the Meridien. The online maps of the Vienna metro system will show you this info quite easily. Another plus with the the Landstrasse station is that you can check-in your bags from there.

However, I'm not sure if the CAT ticket includes the underground as I took a taxi from the CAT station to the Meridien. About 10 EUR for that trip.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 1:13 pm
Community Director Emerita

Thanks for the help with transport.

Does the hotel offer instant awards using spg points? I know that both the Bristol and the Imperial do. And if so, does it offer the Imperial Torte made by the Imperial Hotel? That was a great use of 1500 SPG points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.