Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

O'Hare Area (Chicago) Which Starwood? [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

O'Hare Area (Chicago) Which Starwood? [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2003, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Arrow O'Hare Area (Chicago) Which Starwood? [Master Thread]

I need to make a booking for mid October for an overnight near the airport. I have stayed before at the Sheraton Gateway on Manneheim which was under renovations last April and I was not impressed with this property or services.

What is the Westin O'Hare like or even the 4 Points? Big difference in rates but we all know that does not mean much.

I am a Plat SPG member so what benefits can I expect at these properties?
Old Sep 28, 2003, 5:05 pm

Location: London, UK. AA EXP 5MM; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Ambassador Lifetime Platinum, Hertz PC
Stayed at the Gateway last week, crappiest *Wood I have been in in quite a long time.

My wife & I did the 4Points a year ago and it was OK, but better than the Gateway.

Keep the faith..........keep flying

------------------
Old Sep 28, 2003, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I posted a thread about the 4 Points last December. If you don't have the time to search, allow me to say a few words.

Decent room.
Old old bathroom.
Wonderful and helpful front desk.

Dan
Old Sep 28, 2003, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Westin is the nicest ORD hotel. Lots of threads on the hotel here over time.

See, for example:
Chicago O'hare airport hotels

Westin ORD - Chicago O'Hare
Old Sep 28, 2003, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT (1MM), MR Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold

The Westin O'Hare (Rosemont) is FANTASTIC -- this is one of my "top two" as far as recognizing Platinum status, the staff is great.

The hotel was recently renovated, the furnishings are contemporary, quite nice and quite comfortable, and the rooms are nicely-sized. You can't go wrong with this one!
Old Sep 29, 2003, 4:20 am

Hi all,

Typing this from the Westin O'hare. First time here, but from what I gather, they'd already prebooked me into a suite, despite having arriving fairly late yesterday so I'd say their recognition of Plat status is pretty good, despite me being on a cash and points award night.

Overall a decent hotel and they were pretty quick to address some issues I had with hooking up my computer. Full marks and I'd stay here in a heartbeat if I ever came through this neck of the woods again.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 4:20 am

O'Hare Area (Chicago) General Discussion Thread (Which hotel is closer? Better? etc.)

Catching an early flight, and want to stay at the airport. Seems I can choose from the Westin, Sheraton Suites, and a Four Points (in that order, from most expensive to least expensive).

Any suggestions?

Normally, I would pick the Westin as I really need to get a good night's sleep and the Heavenly Bed is usually just the ticket. But if the Sheraton or Four Points is suprisingly nice, I could choose one of these and save a few bucks.

Thanks!

Old Oct 14, 2003, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Westin is, IMHO, the best ORD hotel.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 8:14 am

I was at the Four Points a few weeks ago. Only one place to eat in the hotel and nothing within walking distance. I thought the food was dreadful, not the California lean cuisine I'm used to. And I was startled to see smoking allowed inside the public areas.

Staff was helpful, friendly, shuttle to and from ORD was easy.

Sylvia
Old Oct 14, 2003, 10:28 pm

Location: California, AA EXP,HH Gold,Hyatt Diamond, *wood PLT, Amex PLT,
Hi

Have stayed at all 3 O'Hare airport Starwoods-Westin would be my recommendation. Really pleasant staff and nice hotel. Stay away from Sheraton-dismal and gloomy!
kelly
Old Oct 16, 2003, 3:30 pm

I have stayed at both the Westin and Sheraton ORD and was persuaded not to try the 4 Points. I am very pleased with the Westin, although it wasnt the best stay, it was just a one-nighter and so I dun really care. The rooms were reasonably furnished and the service was mediocre.

The Sheraton on the other hand is much more dilapidated on the inside than the outside. As a gold, I was upgraded to the club floor at the Sheraton but the room, although large, is very much old and shabby.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 4:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Arrow O'Hare Area (Chicago) General Discussion Thread (Which hotel is closer? Better? etc.)

Which SPG's are distance wise, closest to O'Hare

I get in late; leave early;

I don't really need nice, I just need an SPG property
Old Dec 14, 2006, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime GLD, SPG Lifetime GLD
Don't know if my research was correct, but I needed a close SPG hotel for an early morning ORD departure back in September and I went with the 4pt Chicago O'Hare property. It has a shuttle to the airport and I seem to recall it taking less than 10minutes, but that was at 5:45am.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 4:23 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Which SPG's are distance wise, closest to O'Hare

I get in late; leave early;

I don't really need nice, I just need an SPG property
The Four Points and the Sheraton are closest...about one mile away. The Westin O'Hare is two miles away. All have courtesy van pick up and drop off. Takes about 5 - 10 minutes each way when I used it.

I stayed at the Sheraton once. It is an atrium-style hotel. Buffet breakfast was good in the courtyard restaurant. There is probably a trip report I did on this property floating around here somewhere.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Dec 14, 2006, 4:53 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Sheraton Suites is pretty convenient (and there is a good Chicago steakhouse in the hotel next door). Nothing is closer (except the Hilton that is in the airport).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.