Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center, Vancouver BC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2022, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center, Vancouver BC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2000, 1:11 am
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

Arrow Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center, Vancouver BC [Master Thread]

There is a chance I'll be staying at this hotel this weekend. Does anyone have any experience with this hotel? I am a Platinum, what can I expect to get? I've stayed there for only one night and don't have a clear memory about it but one thing I remember was that the TV was "very small" and it was on CLUB level.

Should I pick any other Starwood properties instead of this one?

Empress
Old Mar 30, 2000, 8:07 am

Programs: CX DM, NH Plat, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Plat
Have stayed at all 4 downtown YVR Starwood properties. 1st consideration would be price. If you're using points then select either the Westin Grand (although Empress I recall you've been there) or the Sheraton Le Soleil. Both are smaller all suite properties with good service and even better rooms. The Wall is a tall hotel so be sure to plump for a high floor. The club floors are approx 25 and 26th level. As a platinum myself I have always had to ask for my upgrade at the Wall whereas the Grand, Soleil, and even the Bayshore it was automatic.
BTW am headed to YVR this morning and will be staying at the Grand.
Have a nice weekend in YVR.
Old Mar 30, 2000, 1:31 pm
Original Member

I've had great stays at the Westin Bayshore, Westin Grand, and (my favorite) Sheraton Suites Le Soleil. The first has been renovated since I stayed there but is right on the marina with nice water views. The other two are newer and all suites. Service was great in all three places, especially the Soleil. Choose based on price and location.
Old Mar 30, 2000, 8:35 pm

I LOVED the Westin Grand. The suite was outstanding - great views, great bathroom, very very comfortable. It's a smaller feeling hotel, even though it's quite large. Good location - excellent staff!
Old Apr 4, 2000, 1:13 pm
ALW

Note that the Sheraton Suites Le Soleil isn't actually all-suites. According to the concierge, there are a few "rooms" as well.

andrew
Old Apr 11, 2000, 1:14 am

Programs: NW Platinum, Hilton Silver, 3 stays from Starwood Platinum!
I stayed at le Soleil last week. 130 dollars Canadian plus tax. I loved it!

Linda
Old Apr 11, 2000, 11:20 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I stay at Sheraton Wall Centre frequently and always enjoy my stay ... of course, any place where I can view sailboat races out my window is OK with me. I've always been comped to a suite without asking and have found the staff to be very friendly and attentive.

In case this helps refresh your memory ... the club level amenities are split on two floors with a spiral staircase adjoining the two. Lobby is small, but there's an upstairs lounge/bar near the fitness center. Fitness center has an indoor pool.
Old Jan 8, 2001, 10:16 am

I just stayed at this property on new years eve. While the hotel is very nice, I felt I had poor example of their service because they seemed very busy because of all the festivities going on in Vancouver.

By the way, the brand new Mercedes that serves as the hotel's shuttle is very nice if you can get access to it (it is free). However, I did not appreciate the $21 for parking, when the crown plaza down the road has it free for guests.
Old Jan 8, 2001, 2:46 pm

I plan on redeeming for a Free Friday at one of the YVR hotels. I appreciate the comments posted and it gives me a better idea of which property to select. They all sound nice.
Old Jan 8, 2001, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I stayed at the Wall Center over the summer and was upgraded to a large suite with an even larger balcony. I could have had a party for 30. But at this time of year, the balcony would be no fun.
Old Jan 8, 2001, 9:57 pm
KC

Programs: Southwest A; Marriott Platinum
I used one of my free weekends last summer at Le Soliel. I can't recommend it highly enough -- the concierge is fantastic, the staff is very down-to-earth and friendly, and the hotel has a lot of character and charm. I didn't have to request an upgrade (I'm Platinum) even on an award stay.
Old May 28, 2001, 10:52 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Sheraton Wall Centre YVR

Just stayed at this property. Had a two
bedroom suite on Club floor. FYI the common
areas of this Hotel are very small and excuse
me full of tourist always and cruise goers.
Staff said older Hotel will be mostly for
tourists and family guests. The new tower
(three weeks old) will be more for business
persons with a nice big lobby. Checked out
the new side and it was nice. Closer to
health club ($10 per day charge). If anyone
stays at new property can we get a post?
Thanks.
Old May 28, 2001, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
RTWSTARALLIANCE:

I'm jelous. I Have been noticing your posts from all over the world as of late... What do you do and where do I sign up to do it to?
Old May 28, 2001, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: British Airways Gold (oneWorld Emerald), Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum
Are we talking about the Sheraton Wall Centre in Vancouver? (in that case I can help with a review) or a new Sheraton at YVR (Vancouver airport)?

Old May 28, 2001, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
We take care of Other Peoples Money and of
course our own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.