Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

ITC Maurya Delhi, India [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITC Maurya Delhi, India [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2011, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
There is no breakfast at the ITC lounge that I am aware of. My breakfast is always included in the rate and it is a very extensive so spread. Not sure where your impression that the ITC is more highly regarded here is coming from. Ive stayed at both many times in the past few years. Generally I prefer the LeM. And post-renovations, even moreso.
They do not tell you about the FREE breakfast - you have to ask. My wife just stayed there and while we had a 5500 INR rate - the luxury tax of 2150 INR made is not a great deal. I would have just used points had I known this...I should have checked here first.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, AA Lifetime Plat, SPG Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United Plat
Stayed here on points for 3 nights and breakfast was included. It wasn't entirely clear but you just go to the open restaurant near the check-in lobby. Great selection of western and indian items. Lounge as stated is open for coffee/tee all the time, but drinks and (not great) appetizers from 6-8pm. As a Plat member we got access to all the lounges; our preference was in the Towers as it had a great view.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by bshah1976
They do not tell you about the FREE breakfast - you have to ask. My wife just stayed there and while we had a 5500 INR rate - the luxury tax of 2150 INR made is not a great deal. I would have just used points had I known this...I should have checked here first.
inr 5,500....wow....i have not seen that rate in a very very long time....
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
just used up my mastercard free weekend night here & was upgraded to a deluxe suite in the itc one wing....

this was one of the strangest room layouts i have ever come across....there was one bathroom in the suite but it was right at the entrance, then came the large livingroom & after that the bedroom....i have never seen a room before where the bathroom was not near the bedroom....

some one the lights in the room were not working....called maintenance who took care of it immediately....wireless internet did not work throughout the stay....wired internet worked but itc has still not sorted out their internet issues for platinum guests....they still offer the slower speed for free....

had dinner at the pavilion & it was a disaster....the buffet was horrible & at inr 3k per head it was completely not worth it....

had the option of ordering breakfast free of charge in the room....this was a nice touch & breakfast was quite good....
Old Feb 28, 2011, 9:16 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Keyser
wired internet worked but itc has still not sorted out their internet issues for platinum guests....they still offer the slower speed for free....
Lodging another CC complaint?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lodging another CC complaint?
what good will it do????have already lodged 2 complaints & nothing happened....
Old Mar 3, 2011, 1:54 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
The Internet is still an issuee here. offering 4 speeds for purchase. 2 free for platinum (why would any Platinum member opt for the lower speed!!) But seriously 256k is not complimentary high speed internet access, and would consider paying the extra, but not to receive the top 1 meg connection. 5 Meg maybe.

I stay at this property on a regular basis and find the internet offered pretty slow especially after a 2 night stay at the Intercon hotel in delhi where i was getting 3 to 4 meg.

Is the hotel breaking any SPG terms by not offering the higher connection speed?

i have read posts about it but no definitive yes or no.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stanontour
The Internet is still an issuee here. offering 4 speeds for purchase. 2 free for platinum (why would any Platinum member opt for the lower speed!!) But seriously 256k is not complimentary high speed internet access, and would consider paying the extra, but not to receive the top 1 meg connection. 5 Meg maybe.

I stay at this property on a regular basis and find the internet offered pretty slow especially after a 2 night stay at the Intercon hotel in delhi where i was getting 3 to 4 meg.

Is the hotel breaking any SPG terms by not offering the higher connection speed?

according to the lurkers the highest speed is supposed to be offered for free to plats....but not according to itc....they only offer the 256k speed labeling it 'high speed internet'....that speed is extremely slow & is an insult to hsia....
Old Mar 3, 2011, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by stanontour
Bottom line is that they are breaking the T&C. Need to lodge a formal complain with Starwood Corporate Customer Care or some such.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Bottom line is that they are breaking the T&C. Need to lodge a formal complain with Starwood Corporate Customer Care or some such.
ITC's are so stubborn about this. The only positive experience on this issue at an ITC that I've had was at the Royal Gardenia in BLR. I actually posted on the FT thread and they found me the next day to tell me they would waive it.

All other ITC's have been nothing but problems from this standpoint. At the end of the day, it doesn't affect me too much since I can expense the internet when needed. But still, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and does cause me to look elsewhere (e.g., Hyatt Regency DEL, Grand Hyatt BOM).
Old Mar 3, 2011, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by troyb
ITC's are so stubborn about this. The only positive experience on this issue at an ITC that I've had was at the Royal Gardenia in BLR. I actually posted on the FT thread and they found me the next day to tell me they would waive it.

All other ITC's have been nothing but problems from this standpoint. At the end of the day, it doesn't affect me too much since I can expense the internet when needed. But still, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and does cause me to look elsewhere (e.g., Hyatt Regency DEL, Grand Hyatt BOM).
In BOM I stay 99.9% of the time in the Grand Hyatt. Better choice.

The rooms at the HR DEL are small. I used to stay there a lot including a 3 week stretch last year. The Westin Gurgaon is near the office. But when the Westin Gurgaon isn't available, or prohibitively priced, I'll stay in the Westin Sonha.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 7:36 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
ITC or Sheraton

I am going to New Delhi for the first time. I will hire a cab for my entire stay. Which hotel do you recommend between ITC and Sheraton? I am looking for good upgrade, nice room, and good food Thank you.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Soros
I am going to New Delhi for the first time. I will hire a cab for my entire stay. Which hotel do you recommend between ITC and Sheraton? I am looking for good upgrade, nice room, and good food Thank you.
you have a better chance of an upgrade at the sheraton....location of the sheraton is also better....but i find the maurya a better property overall....

the sheraton has one of my favourite restaurants, called dakshin....

also, both properties are owned by itc so you might face a problem with free internet....they don't offer the faster speed for free to plats....you might have to fight for that....
Old Oct 30, 2011, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Keyser
you have a better chance of an upgrade at the sheraton....location of the sheraton is also better....but i find the maurya a better property overall....

the sheraton has one of my favourite restaurants, called dakshin....

also, both properties are owned by itc so you might face a problem with free internet....they don't offer the faster speed for free to plats....you might have to fight for that....
Thank you very much, Keyser!!!
Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, AMEX Centurion (And All That Goes With It)
I am staying here from Wednesday-New Year's Day. I will provide any insightful updates if applicable. Happy New Year's everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.