Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien N'Fis, Marrakesh / Marrakech, Morocco [Master Thread]

Le Meridien N'Fis, Marrakesh / Marrakech, Morocco [Master Thread]

Old Jan 18, 2008, 2:01 am

Looking forward to reading soon the result of Mr Stimpy's Moroccan adventures!!!
Old Jan 18, 2008, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Elena
....I stayed at the Riad El Fenn (sister property of Kasbah Tamadout) www.riadelfenn.com which I can highly recommend- housekeeping 3x/day, fabulous courtyards, personalized service, fantastic lounging areas... Other suggestions are Riad Farnatchi and La Palais Rhoul. Staying at the Meridien would, IMO, lessen the Moroccon experience significantly....
Moroccan experience ...from Tripadvisor:

Riad El Fenn
Liked — The location and the view
Disliked — the lack of cleanliness

The link to Riad El Fenn doesn't show prices!?!
Old Jan 18, 2008, 9:35 am

Programs: continental united starwood hilton marriott
Was There Last Year, Liked The Grounds And The Staff Was Very Friendly. Food Good, Not Great. Did Not See A Club. Did A Lot Of Sightseing From The Hotel Would Reccomend It
Old Jan 18, 2008, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by USAFAN

I rented a car from Sixt with my US drivers license, no problem. Remember, Morocco is NOT Europe or USA. The rental offices at the airport are often closed .. the cars are older, but OK.
Anyway, I liked Morocco a lot. Beautiful country, mostly friendly people.
I would agree with this. We rented from Hertz from Fes Airport with a drop off at Marrakesh Menara Airport. At Fes, even though the Hertz representative was at the airport, we still had to drive to their downtown office to sign the paperwork (with the rep from the airport). At Marrakesh, we had to call the rep and apparently convince him to come to the airport. There was a "slot" to drop the keys it, but it was clear that there was nothing behind the slot such that the keys would simply drop onto the floor.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Wow. I've rented from Avis in Tunisia and had no problems. I guess Morocco is worse. Oh well, that is why I asked.

Nobody Platinum has stayed here? Club? Breakfast?
Old Aug 25, 2008, 7:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Bump... staying here January 09...first time to Morocoo so don't want to be somewhere totally obscure.. however you just can't beat cash and points sometimes!
Old Aug 26, 2008, 9:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry8700c: BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.69 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

I was here last year as a plat and did not get free breakfast nor any noticeable upgrade. Rather lousy place compared to the nicer riads but the location wasn't terrible... Good to save money, as others above suggest.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 2:13 am

odd, i stayed in late june (albeit for 1 night); and was upgraded to a 2 room suite, and provided with a free bottle of wine (a rarity in morocco most of the time); as well as a HUGE fruit and nut platter for being platinum.

i suppose it all depends. i enjoyed the hotel, while not as unique or homely as the riads around, it was a perfect place to relax and kick the jetlag.
Old Aug 29, 2008, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed at the Sofitel Marrakesh and it was a great hotel. Excellent pool scene.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 6:18 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Hello,
I will be in Marrakesh and Fes in March for approx 4 days each and need strong, very reliable internet access in my room. Would prefer a riad but my #1 priority is the reliability of the internet.

Can anyone comment on internet quality in the Meridian Marrakesh or any other property that would foot the bill?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know the Internet works very well in a lounge chair at the excellent pool at the Sofitel. ^
Old Jan 19, 2009, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
I know the Internet works very well in a lounge chair at the excellent pool at the Sofitel. ^
Agreed 100%.

I spent 5 minutes at the Le Meridien N'Fis before canceling my reservation and moving to a suite at the Sofitel.

Absolutely the way to go in Marrakesh.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 1:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Thumbs up

Stayed here for 2 nights on C+P.. had an overall very positive experience.

We arranged airport pickup through the hotel for 200dirham (roughly 20 euro). It was nice to have a person with sign waiting, but the hotel is pretty close to the airport and cabs are easily found for 50 dirham (or less).

Had made the rez a long time ago as a gold and when I checked in, they mentioned my Gold status (am now a plat). This angers me because when I called plat concierge to "refresh" all of my Gold reservations they swore that my status would be automatically changed and that the "refresh" process is unnecessary. Not sure if it's property specific, but I will make sure that any future reservations do not have the G before the number. Luckily I was able to correct her and she asked for my Plat card which I don't carry with me. She was able to pull up my new status in the system and apologized profusely. She had originally upgraded me to a deluxe poolview room, but was going to look for an upgrade. She sent us to our room to relax while she figured it out. The poolview room was basic with a little patio that looked out at the pool. 10 minutes later they sent someone to get our bags and brought us to our new room- an ambassador suite which was pretty impressive. Two bath and two terraces which had great views of the snow capped Atlas mountains. We chose wine as our amenity and they also sent up a huge fruit, candy and dried fruit tray. Additionally, as a platinum I got free internet in lobby and in the room and free use of the spa steam room. From my experience the internet is VERY unreliable. We got disconnected several times using the computers in the lobby. I didn't really try out the in-room wireless, but I feel like its all probably on the same network.

Anyway, the ground of the hotel are gorgeous and the pool area reminded me of Miami with cabanas and beds. Room service is cheap by room service standards ($28 for 2 full dinners incl tax and tip).

The hotel is a solid 20 minute walk from the medina (or $3 cab). I liked walking around the medina, but wouldn't really want to stay and sleep there (just a personal preference). I found the Meridien to be extremely clean and the staff gracious. Overall a GREAT C+P value and positive stay.^
Old Jan 30, 2009, 1:18 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by pitbrian
...Had made the rez a long time ago as a gold and when I checked in, they mentioned my Gold status (am now a plat). This angers me because when I called plat concierge to "refresh" all of my Gold reservations they swore that my status would be automatically changed and that the "refresh" process is unnecessary. Not sure if it's property specific, but I will make sure that any future reservations do not have the G before the number. Luckily I was able to correct her and she asked for my Plat card which I don't carry with me. She was able to pull up my new status in the system and apologized profusely...
My apologies for the gaffe at check-in, but Platinum Concierge was correct. Whenever your status is upgraded/downgraded, that is automatically noted on any reservations you may have made prior to the change in status within Starwood's own system.

While Starwood's systems are automatically updated, the true manual "refreshing" needs to be done at the hotel level so their own proprietary system is updated. If this hotel was making an effective use of the information that SPG provides them on a daily basis, then they would have caught this and updated their system prior to your arrival and would have been able to properly prepare for and deliver your elite member benefits.

However, it is clear that they are not, so I will let their hotel coordinator know that they need a reminder to run their daily elite member arrival reports on a daily basis.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jul 23, 2009, 6:22 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Staying at this hotel now. We are upgraded to a suite, which is very nice and spacious with 2 bathrooms. I have been told the hotel is almost 30 years old. The hotel must have been renovated recently because our suite looks quite new. They offer free breakfast and free wifi connection. To my surprise, they even offer free 30 min massage in spa for 2 of us + hammam and sauna. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. Medina is only a 5 minute $2 taxi ride. No club lounge here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.