Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Valencia, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Valencia, Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:54 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
I stayed at the Westin Valencia for Valentine's day weekend and had a blast there with my girlfriend.
Got upgraded to a Jacuzzi suite using a BRG rate. Platinum breakfast is regular breakfast, like pretty much everywhere in Europe.
We attended their special Valentine's day dinner and it was awesome, food-wise and ambience-wise, with a good singer and some dancing.
Could not be better, actually.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question

My wife and I might be staying here for a few days in early June next year. It's 25 euros extra for a room with a patio and 65 euros extra with a room for a patio and jacuzzi. (I may not be a Plat at the time of our visit, so the chances of an upgrade to such a room are not great.)

Any opinions on either option? The jacuzzi option is especially appealing since my wife loves jacuzzis. But I'd welcome thoughts on whether these upgrades are worthwhile, especially the jacuzzi during a hot time of year.

Of course, any other advice on the hotel is very welcome!

Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
My wife and I are planning on staying at this hotel for four nights this July. Right now there is an offer on of EUR156 per night for the days we need, which seems attractive, but it is pre-paid. I know I should just book the rate if I'm happy with it and let that be that, BUT do any people who stay here regularly have a sense of whether or not that's a good price for mid-July? With all the usual caveats about this type of questions, I would still appreciate opinions or experience with typical summer costs.

Last edited by River in Sight; Apr 11, 2016 at 6:07 pm Reason: Typo
Old Apr 11, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: SPG LTP
Go for it !!

Valencia is very hot in Summer so not their peak season, still very reasonable price.
Got treated very well as Plat (as you are) when there, and have no doubt that you & wife will enjoy both the hotel and the city. Hotel building/quality/rooms definitely worth that price
Old Jul 17, 2016, 6:18 pm

My wife, myself, and our 1 year old completed a four-night stay here earlier this month. Prior to arrival, I noticed that we were upgraded to a junior suite - which is really just a bigger room, and ours was on the corner with lots of windows which made the room really bright (tho that could be fixed by the blackout curtains as needed) and, with high ceilings, very airy. The room was generously sized with plenty of space and lots of closet space in particular. There was plenty of room for our one-year-old to walk around the room and for whatever reason he had a particular blast doing that in this room. It's definitely not a cookie-cutter Westin.

Shortly after we arrived, a bottle of water was delivered along with dried bananas and raisins (additional bottled water and hazelnut chocolates were delivered each evening). Despite being close to the street with lots of windows, we didn't find noise to be an issue (tho we do live in a city so may be less sensitive to noise). The only feature of the room that was a bit odd was the small room with the toilet was exterior facing with a window, but didn't have any AC - thus it got very hot, especially during the day - but not a big deal.

The hotel has a beautiful courtyard where we had breakfast each day. The quality of the breakfast food was very good and included the standard items plus churros, hot chocolate, Cava, and Spanish meats. Service always seemed a bit chaotic - either not enough staff, or just not organized enough. Anyway, we enjoyed the breakfast and the setting was perfect.

I have to compliment the concierge staff at the hotel as we had a couple of issues where we needed language assistance (lost luggage, train ticket changes) and they were very helpful and proactively followed-up on issues without us intervening, including contacting the airport about our luggage. All of the staff was friendly and especially so to our little guy.

Wanting to travel light, we brought half the clothes we needed for our 11-night trip and selected Lavanderia Autoservicio Rapido to do our laundry. They picked it up at the Westin and brought it back within 24 hours for 28 Euro (the base rate is 18 EUR but we had a lot of clothes). Everything was very neatly folded and I recommend the company.

Although the heat and sun got to be a bit much, we really enjoyed Valencia and the Westin and would gladly return.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:54 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thanks for the update! Will be here for 3 nights next week.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
I had a nice weekend stay here in February and would recommend for the off season value. The hotel had a nice location in a generally quiet area within easy walking distance to center city, a grocery store around the corner; it was a 6 euro cab from train station, about 25 to the airport in early morning. You can easily access the Turia riverbed park which is beautiful place to spend the some time walking, running or watching an amateur football game.

My room was upgraded to Grand Deluxe with Jacuzzi upon arrival. They had offered a Junior Suite at check in but were happy to “downgrade” to Jacuzzi Grand Deluxe on top floor of hotel upon request. The room was fine and had very nice large shower. The balcony was very private and the jacuzzi was welcome at end of the day but the retractable sun shade was in bad shape with rips and tears. The room was also in need of a little TLC with scrapes on the walls, peeling wallpaper and a broken door security latch. The breakfast buffet was offered as plat choice benefit and was diverse, including cava - it was served in restaurant in winter but I can imagine it being quite nice in the courtyard during warmer months. Room service was of good quality as well and presented nicely.

Overall, I loved Valencia and the Westin was a nice relaxing place to see the city from, hope to return someday.
Old May 21, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Do any rooms have AC...

Originally Posted by River in Sight
The only feature of the room that was a bit odd was .... didn't have any AC - thus it got very hot, especially during the day - but not a big deal.
Do any of the rooms have AC?

We are thinking of staying in late August and I assume that Temps could be high?
Old May 21, 2017, 4:29 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer

We are thinking of staying in late August and I assume that Temps could be high?
Yes, we went in August.
Old May 22, 2017, 8:58 am

The only part of our room that didn't have A/C was the powder room, which had an external window but no A/C. The rest of the room was fully air conditioned.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
None seafood restaurant reccomendations

Originally Posted by River in Sight
The only part of our room that didn't have A/C was the powder room, which had an external window but no A/C. The rest of the room was fully air conditioned.
Thanks for the information. We ended up booking in late September so I imagine the weather will be more temperate by then.

I would greatly appreciate any restaurant recommendations anyone has. Unfortunately my wife does not eat fish.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:19 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Thanks for the information. We ended up booking in late September so I imagine the weather will be more temperate by then.

I would greatly appreciate any restaurant recommendations anyone has. Unfortunately my wife does not eat fish.
Why not ask the Concierge? Why wanted Paella but without Pork or Rabbit. They sent us to an incredible family restaurant that was over 100 years old.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:54 am
bcx

Westin or Hospes Palau de la Mar?

Has anyone experienced both the Westin and Hospes Palau de la Mar? Any insight into the pros and cons of each?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by bcx
Has anyone experienced both the Westin and Hospes Palau de la Mar? Any insight into the pros and cons of each?
very good question. My wife and I are going to spain in August but we cannot decide on which one to choose!
Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:10 am
bcx

Originally Posted by alrvd83
very good question. My wife and I are going to spain in August but we cannot decide on which one to choose!
So far the only thing I have to go on is that Hospes Palau is closer to the city centre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.