Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton LaGuardia East (Flushing), NY [Master Thread]

Sheraton LaGuardia East (Flushing), NY [Master Thread]

Old Jul 30, 2004, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Just an update afater I filed a complaint against this property. SPG promised that the GM will contact me within 10 days. Well, 2+ weeks went by and no one called or emailed me. I soon contact SPG again and was kindly promised 7000 points(equal to one free night at this property), but without a promise to fix the issue. I guess SPG is just letting this one go? What happened to the "Sheraton Promise" ????
Old Aug 1, 2004, 3:46 am

I actually didn't have that great of an impression. Upon check in, they tried to overcharge me for having 2 people in the room...although my confirmation showed that there shouldn't have been an incremental cost. Upon pointint it out, the rep was not the friendliest.
Old Aug 3, 2004, 8:18 pm

Shuttle to Sheraton LaGuardia East

I just redeemed a free night at this hotel.
Do you know if I can get free shuttle service from LGA to the hotel? If yes, do I have to call the hotel to make reservation or I can wait outside the airport?
Old Aug 3, 2004, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by thqu60
I just redeemed a free night at this hotel.
Do you know if I can get free shuttle service from LGA to the hotel? If yes, do I have to call the hotel to make reservation or I can wait outside the airport?
Yes, call hotel ahead telling them your arriving time so they can arrange shuttle. I believe they will ask you to call hotel again when you step out of plane.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 2:01 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
It's best to call when you arrive in case of delays. I would like to hear what you have to say about this property and if you get the Sweet Sleeper bed.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Motion122
It's best to call when you arrive in case of delays. I would like to hear what you have to say about this property and if you get the Sweet Sleeper bed.
I'm just a regular SPG (not Gold/Plat) ... don't think I'll get upgraded to a room with Sweet Sleeper bed. Anyway, will let you know after my stay on 9/1.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 12:16 am
Suspended

What's the parking situation (e.g. price) at this hotel?

Thanks.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by miizzles

Thanks.
Don't have an anwer for you on the parking situation, but please report back if you find "sweet sleepers" in your room.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by miizzles

Thanks.
Valet parking only for $8 per day. It is easiest way to find a parking space in that area with no worries.
Old Aug 28, 2004, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Sweet Sleeper is an Upgrade?

Originally Posted by thqu60
I'm just a regular SPG (not Gold/Plat) ... don't think I'll get upgraded to a room with Sweet Sleeper bed. Anyway, will let you know after my stay on 9/1.
I didn't think the "sweet sleeper bed" is an upgrade but an offering of Sheraton hotels .... someone please correct me if I'm wrong and its supposed to be available only in select rooms/floors. I thought it was for all guests/rooms.
Old Aug 28, 2004, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by GoingAway
I didn't think the "sweet sleeper bed" is an upgrade but an offering of Sheraton hotels .... someone please correct me if I'm wrong and its supposed to be available only in select rooms/floors. I thought it was for all guests/rooms.
According to the hotel's website the "sweet sleeper bed" are supposed to be in all of the guest rooms. Even in room advertisement said the guest room had the "sweet sleeper bed". Which was not true. I contated SPG and got the Sheraton Promise awarded to me. One thing still bothers me, the Hotel's GM never called or contacted me in anyway regarding this issue. My points were awarded by SPG on the hotel's behave!
Old Oct 6, 2004, 6:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Is there a subway stop near the hotel?
Old Oct 6, 2004, 7:02 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JNelson113
No subway stop near the hotel. You will be about 2 miles away from the nearest subway stop. There is however the Q48 bus that will stop right outside of the hotel and take you to the number 7 subway line, which will take you to Grand Central Station, or Flushing Meadows Park/Shea Stadium depending on the direction you want to go. The transfer is free, but only if you pay for the fare via a Metrocard which cannot be purchased on the bus (the hotel just might carry them).

Let me know if you have any other questions -- I grew up in the area so I know it quite well.

EDIT: The bus map is located here (PDF File): Map
The Q48 will be on the north side (center) of the map, highlighted in red.

Last edited by vivrant; Oct 6, 2004 at 7:05 am
Old Oct 6, 2004, 8:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Thanks motion. What's weird is that when I called the hotel, they said the 7 train stops one block away at the last stop on the 7 line. Is this incorrect?
Old Oct 6, 2004, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by JNelson113
The subway stop is around the corner about a block and a half away.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.