Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hotel Bristol, Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Bristol, Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2004, 7:46 am

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
How long time did the S7 train take to reach Wien Mitte from VIE?
Old Apr 24, 2004, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
20 minutes tops. VIE to Wien Mitte. The S7 runs about every 20 to 25 minutes. When arriving walk left towards Oper. 5 euros per day internet charge. Platform three today outbound back to VIE.

Very comfortable but dated in my mind. My friends love it.
Old Apr 24, 2004, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Thanks for the great info as I'll be there next Sat. Was the 24 hr transit card good on the trams as well? Last time I took the airport bus to the Hilton and then walked to the Imperial (as I couldn't seem to find the subway). And I too will alway prefer to use public transportation. I don't usually have much in the way of luggage--just a small carry on and I find taking the train/bus into the city an easy way to get 'acquainted' with my surroundings.
Old Apr 24, 2004, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I was a little rushed yesterday so a update this morning. The ticket I bought for 5 euros was only for 24 hours in VIE proper. So the up charge for the zone to and from VIE is 1.5 euros. I have no idea how you pay this. It was collected from me on the S7 going to VIE to meet my friends/clients.

The charms of my room have come to me. I woke to a beautiful day in VIE. The cabinets in the room are all new, that amenity left was a full plate of fruit and sparkling water. Bathroom was newly renovated and beautiful along with rest of room furniture being new. I have a balconey with a table and two chairs. I noted in the closet chair pads. When I checked in early yesterday I was told they had pre-blocked a suite. The room I got was not a suite. Oh well. The price is right.

You do not want to be the first one to use the internet. Between you, me and the rest of the world. Use it later in the day. The first person gets the charge because the computers require a password to log-in of course. No one logs them out. Get it. Click the IE button and proceed with dial-up at 115 kbs. Pretty fast.

My friends had prepaid reservations at a VIE airport hotel. Dump. I tried to get them reservations here on cash and points on me. When I went to book the system said I did not have 4000 points. Wrong. So the booking engine for cash and points is plagued with the same early morning Saturday problem of not being able to see reservations online. They retreated last evening to their airport hotel after treating me to dinner. Something reversed there.

The best part. I awoke to view my bill- 50 euros for the room billed under other (no points), .90 euros for UNICEF billed under other and now 5 euros for internet. I was the first one this morning. Well that is it from VIE. I´ll give you a report from my next SPG location coming up. Regards from beautiful just right Vienna.
Old Apr 24, 2004, 11:18 pm

Mauld. I left the computer on for you. Regards
Old Apr 25, 2004, 8:00 am

Thanks!! -- just put an Out of Order sign on it until I get there!
Last time I was there they gave me one of those corner 'towers' on the ring/opera. Fantastic suite, the ceiling in the tower bedroom had wooden beams with beautiful paintings on it. I too had a small terrace facing the opera in the living room area. Hope I get as lucky this time out. I'm paying a corp rate of e180 (I want to get the night stays and on points + $$ = no stay points). I'll only be there one night as I'm doing a quasi UA MR leaving Fri from NYC and returning Sun--fortunately I'm in C , unfortunately I'm on the old LH 330 out of EWR but I am on LH Privatair out of MUC
Old May 3, 2004, 6:11 am

As promised, here are some pictures of the hotel, I was given a 'deluxe room' on the top floor (#659) with a view towards the Opera & St Stephens. Alas, no amenity choice, but a nice bottle of Veuve Cliquot (sp?), fruit & bottled water were delivered to my room.
http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=xcyf847...&x=0&y=-lpupur
Old May 3, 2004, 7:06 am

I had that exact same room. Definitely not a suite. Did not get the champagne. Amenities obviously based upon rate.

Originally Posted by mauld
As promised, here are some pictures of the hotel, I was given a 'deluxe room' on the top floor (#659) with a view towards the Opera & St Stephens. Alas, no amenity choice, but a nice bottle of Veuve Cliquot (sp?), fruit & bottled water were delivered to my room.
http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=xcyf847...&x=0&y=-lpupur
Old Jul 30, 2004, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Directions. From arrival go down to the basement of VIE. Look for the S Bahn escalator down. A 24 hour ticket was 5 euros. Stamp in machine to begin use. Take the S7 to Wien Mitte. When you exit you can take the lift down to the U platforms. Take line U4 towards Karlsplatz. When you exit it will be a little walk via shops to the exit. The one right near the front entrance to the Bristol is not marked Opera. Rather Karntner Ring. Take it up. You are here.
Thanks for the walk through. I'll give it a go next week. ^
Old Aug 7, 2004, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hotel Bristol Vienna [Master Thread]

I have read everything about the Bristol in Vienna.

I am here on an award stay and was wondering about free cont breakfast. Is it included? All the post for paid stays have breakfast included for Platinums.

Is breakfast included on an award? The front desk says no.

I did get an upgrade to a penthouse suite. The one with the small balcony.
Room size is about 12 x 22. It is set up as a suite, but more the size of a deluxe room. My wife does like the balcony.

Dan
Old Aug 7, 2004, 12:02 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
No. The room rates include breakfast, but awards are room only. This is true for most of Europe and most chains, not just Starwood. But Viennese hospitality being what it is they have been known to comp you breakfast. Or go down the street to a konditorei and have a melange with rehruecken. Finest coffee in the world, and letting them eat cake is a good idea in Vienna.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The directions were idiot proof.

The ticket machine is in English if you push the right button. Look for the British flag. Downtown is zone 2 or 3 euros. Do not get nervous. If you read what the machine tells you, you will be ok.

Train is on the left (sign). For the subway, the train is on the left also.

On exit, do not go to the right, go left past the various shops as stated...and keep going. Soon you will see the exit. The hotel is right there. By the way, the Imperial is just 3 short blocks away.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 7:08 am

Given the transport system and also sometimes on Cash and Points one of the best values in Europe period. IMHO
Old May 24, 2005, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hotel Bristol Vienna [Master Thread]

Anyone ever park a car at the Bristol? I'm finally going to try the hotel after years of going to the Imperial. Something to do with that $60 "cash & points" rate, I think.

Anytime I've shown up with a car at the Imperial, the doorman has always somehow gotten me a free space on the street in front of the hotel. I never realized what a perk that was until I stayed at the Pulitzer in Amsterdam last year, where the cheapest parking was something like 40 bucks. I've heard that Vienna parking can be exhorbitant as well. Anyone have the skinny?
Old May 24, 2005, 10:45 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, Spg Gold, HH Gold, AZ Freccia Alata, Hertz Club Gold
Originally Posted by iahphx
Anyone ever park a car at the Bristol? I'm finally going to try the hotel after years of going to the Imperial. Something to do with that $60 "cash & points" rate, I think.

Anytime I've shown up with a car at the Imperial, the doorman has always somehow gotten me a free space on the street in front of the hotel. I never realized what a perk that was until I stayed at the Pulitzer in Amsterdam last year, where the cheapest parking was something like 40 bucks. I've heard that Vienna parking can be exhorbitant as well. Anyone have the skinny?
just in front of Bristol hotel there is an undergrund parking.
it costs 20 euro / day. But you have your car in the center of the city and ad 20 meter from the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.