Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stansted to Sheraton Park Tower

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2006, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Stansted to Sheraton Park Tower

I tried searching this but apparently the search functionality isn't working -- I get a page not found error.

What is the best way for 2 people (wife and I) with 2 bags to get to from London Stansted to Sheraton Park Tower.

The Stansted express (train) runs every 15 min to Liverpool (Central London) Is this the station we get down? And then take a cab?

Any ideas?
Old Oct 5, 2006, 10:23 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, SPG - Plat, AA, UA, Marriott
The Stansted Express and taxi option is certainly the stress free way to do it. Depending on the time of day a taxi can take up to an hour to get from Liverpool Street station to Knightsbridge, but then late at night you could do it in as little as 15 minutes.

If you're feeling adventurous you can try the tube (the subway) but this will involve changing trains and is definitely not recommended during the rush hour.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

is there a taxi stand at liverpool station? if so where?
Old Oct 6, 2006, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
is there a taxi stand at liverpool station? if so where?
Exit between tracks 10 and 11. The taxi stand is indoors.
See This map.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 4:48 am

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
An alternative, if your bags aren’t too heavy for you, is to take the Express train to the Victoria Line stop much closer to the airport, I forgot it’s name but it’s something with Hale in the title I think; then take the Victoria Line to Green Park. From there, you could either lug the bags thru the rather long exchange to the Picadilly Line for 2 stops to Knightsbridge, where the hotel is just one block away, or head up on the street and take a taxi from there. You’ll avoid all the hassle of getting thru The City by taxi, and will probably be faster. I’ve done it both ways by tube, and prefer the Victoria Line option. The interchange for the Victoria Line from the Express is quite easy.

If you’re going to be travelling by tube and bus a lot while in town, you can also buy a multi-day pass at that station with an add-on for the extra mileage from the Hale stop.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by From NYC
An alternative, if your bags aren’t too heavy for you, is to take the Express train to the Victoria Line stop much closer to the airport, I forgot it’s name but it’s something with Hale in the title I think; then take the Victoria Line to Green Park. From there, you could either lug the bags thru the rather long exchange to the Picadilly Line for 2 stops to Knightsbridge, where the hotel is just one block away, or head up on the street and take a taxi from there. You’ll avoid all the hassle of getting thru The City by taxi, and will probably be faster. I’ve done it both ways by tube, and prefer the Victoria Line option. The interchange for the Victoria Line from the Express is quite easy.

If you’re going to be travelling by tube and bus a lot while in town, you can also buy a multi-day pass at that station with an add-on for the extra mileage from the Hale stop.

Hi FromNYC,

Good recall!

The Victoria Line tube sation that connects to the Stansted Express is Tottenham Hale.

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 8, 2006, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is absolutely the option to take.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 11:13 am

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold

Forgot to mention one other option, which I haven’t tried as I haven’t flown into Stansted in a while, since CO stopped flying there: there’s an airport bus that goes to the Victoria Coach Station, which is a couple of blocks away from Victoria Railroad Station. You’d be above ground the whole time to see things on the way in, but the time it takes will be dependent on traffic. There are usually a few taxis nearby the Coach station that could take you to the hotel, or jump across the main street for the C1 bus (comes every 15 minutes or so) that goes up Sloane St to Knightsbridge, and will leave you on the other side of Harvey Nichols dept store from the Park Tower, or one block away.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi FromNYC,

Good recall!

The Victoria Line tube sation that connects to the Stansted Express is Tottenham Hale.

Regards

TBS
Thanks for supplying the actual name of the station.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 5:56 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by RoRan
What is the best way for 2 people (wife and I) with 2 bags to get to from London Stansted to Sheraton Park Tower.
The best way? Have the hotel send a sedan to get you The Park Tower had a nice stretch Mercedes available the last time I was there. My mom loved it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.